• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

'Ghost'

First Post
As Ghost takes his seat opposite the alien he hears the warning. After the energy crawls across the suit, the blue glow on his arm starts to dim. Acting as more of a gentle light, then a bright beacon. He notices the sensors are more sharp again. Not only that he feels a sudden surge of power and believing he can escape if he wanted to, but decides against it for the time being.

That's....odd. What the hell just happened?

OOC: This could be a pain the describe so I'll understand if you just want to skip it. What other images are on the computer screen? Or can we assume things like a picture for friends, picture for enemies, and similar things are available to choose? That is if I'm understanding what it is this thing is showing to us XD

Last edited:

OOC: There is quite a mix of pictures so just make up what is there, the only things that aren't there are of course symbols in Earth based languages, no Earth based animals or fauna. That sort of thing.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Huh.

Mikhail turned to JD.

Drop the barrier!

As the illusion disappeared he raised his rifle and pressed the trigger, but instead of firing as usual the rifle seemed to emit a burst of light at the bots. For a second nothing happened and then the corridor exploded. Mikhail had to brace himself just not to get kick on his arse by the blast wave.

BEST! DAY! EVER!!!

As the dust covered the corridor Mikhail felt energy build up behind him, one thought and he was propelled into the dust cloud sliding through the smoke, as Artur was left behind looking as confused as a machine without any facial expressions or face for that matter can look. He came to a stop behind where he last saw the bots turning around just in time as the dust cloud settled, his suit fading away.

SURPRISE SCUMBAGS!

He always thought subtlety was overrated anyway if you were to ask him right now.

Last edited:

Aleksandra felt rather than saw the plates of her suit change. They blossomed out from her like a flowering bloom where each plate than dissolved into a black sleek liquid. The liquid moulded itself to her frame. Filling out and reinforcing areas as it went all in fractions of a breath.

She felt the cool metal encase her. It was bracing. Wicked jolts of electric excitement fizzed along her limbs and she revelled in it. She knew this to be the flavour of Paksis, fully charged and pulsing with life. She almost chortled as she flowed down the hallway, gilding towards her foe conjuring a dancing crackling blade as she did.

OOC: gonna dash down the corridor and start attacking the two bl bots. If oleg is using our hissatsu beam the I'll just roll regulars, I'll update with fluff and things when I can. Till then Markelight on first bl bot and then a lance. It'll cost 4, i'll pump it to 7. Rolled a crit so power 37, 13 base +3 mana + 3 crit + 18 dice. To 2 if it matters.

Last edited:

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur seemed largely oblivious to the goings on around him, focusing solely on the flame throwing robot and the room beyond. He decided to call in some help and do what he did best.

OOC: lobbin' grenades from kaboom and myself aiming at the flame bot so the blast hits the blade bot and anything else that might be there.

Arthurs grenade
scatter roll: 9-6 (3 destiny points to make it a pinpoint it)
damage roll: 4+21= 25 damage

Kaboom's grenade
scatter roll: 7-7= pinpoint hit
damage roll: 6+21=27 damage
(power breakdown: 14+2 for companion +2 for aim +3 for hisatsu

Last edited:

'Ghost'

First Post
Looking at the pictures before him, Ghost picks the talon pointing towards himself and Ray and then picks a picture representing explorers. After which he chooses the talon again and points it towards the alien, again using the same image they did before showing the two confused aliens. He then sits and waits for a response.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
OOC: Kinda afk, atm will struggle to post till next weekend
I Entrust my char to dave till then, do good things, and take credit for any good outcomes in the most condescending manner you can.

Bunker

Arthur rearing from his new found power lobs two perfectly thrown grenades turning the two bots he can see into scrap metal. The two A.W.B's in the dark fire a huge scatter of bullets but fail to hit anything. The group can hear some bots trying to break through the rubble but the blockage has them pinned back there for the moment. The party isn't sure for how long.

OOC: Waiting on Rey and Bauhdric, will bot them tomorrow if they don't post.

Satellite

With the combined effort of the team Sierra unleashes the True Strength of the Hisatsu at the bots behind the astral wall. With the huge power surge that it has blitzs all the bots into pieces. The blade bots begin to move up though are met by an invisible Aleksandra who slices the first one in two. With one remaining enemy on the grounds the tables have turned. J.D rushes through after Mikhail with the burst of speed from the Hisatsu and sets up a gravity well near the creature making it's life even harder. The bot swings widely at enemies it can not see.

OOC: Round 5 will have that last bot dead and I can't get any of you to major or critical with you all invisible so onto the aftermath.

The screaming alien is on it's knee pulsating a huge amount of Paksis energy, dangerously so. The group then ponders on what to do next.

Somewhere?

The alien is looking at the pair oddly with their armour, Ghost's calms down whereas Raymond's is still firing on all cylinders. The creature then cautiously says something to its guards and they circle the table though not too closely. The alien then continues this 'conversation', it has a claw pointing to itself, then a picture of an alien running away from an explosion, then a picture hunting for food lastly, a picture of hiding.

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost picks the claw again pointing it at the aliens, then followed by the hiding, then followed by a picture of the clawbots. He then picks the claw pointing at himself and Ray, then one of fighting followed by the clawbot image.

OOC: I'm assuming there is one if not disregard that last picture and replace it with confusion and disregard last statement.

He then turns to Ray

Anything to add private? Also, is there anyway you can tone down your suit? It's putting them on edge, and itchy trigger fingers cause accidents.

Last edited:

Remove ads