• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mésalliance. Part 2. (Updated 11/28)

Gez

First Post
That's not a bad idea. Jean-Loup Chiflet wrote several books on that theme (in French). Words that Should Exist, Words that Don't Exist, and Words that Exist at Last, among others. And Jean Yanne wrote a Dictionary of Words That Me Alone Knows. They can be funny read.

Moleculo

First Post
We've been doing this all wrong guys. Let's try this:

Sepulchrave II
Conjuration (Summoning), Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Spellcraft DC: 0
Componenents: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Anywhere in the multiverse
Target: Sepulchrave II
Duration: 20 rounds (D)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

DC 0 14 + 36 (+18 HD) + 10 (humanoid) + 60 (specific individual) - 18 (increased to 10 minutes) - 121 (six casters contribute 9th level spell slots, and one contributes an epic slot)

This spell summons Sepulchrave II and compels him to write a story hour. He gets a will saving throw to resist the summoning, but this is futile, since the cabal and I are all level 30 Fanatics, and we have a plethora of slots to throw away. So Sepulchrave might as well come on the first try.

Cost: 0gp I suppose

Rackhir

Explorer
Moleculo said:
We've been doing this all wrong guys. Let's try this:

Sepulchrave II
Conjuration (Summoning), Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Spellcraft DC: 0
Componenents: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Anywhere in the multiverse
Target: Sepulchrave II
Duration: 20 rounds (D)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

DC 0 14 + 36 (+18 HD) + 10 (humanoid) + 60 (specific individual) - 18 (increased to 10 minutes) - 121 (six casters contribute 9th level spell slots, and one contributes an epic slot)

This spell summons Sepulchrave II and compels him to write a story hour. He gets a will saving throw to resist the summoning, but this is futile, since the cabal and I are all level 30 Fanatics, and we have a plethora of slots to throw away. So Sepulchrave might as well come on the first try.

Cost: 0gp I suppose

Well there are a couple of flaws in this spell. First it should be more like "Compel Story Hour Post". While it would be handy to have a second Sepulchrave II it would probably complicate his life. Second, I think we can restrict it to the prime material plane, his stories may range over the multiverse, but I think he's pretty firmly wedded to this one. Though we might want to broaden it to the realm of dreams. Third, since it's at his will as to if he posts a new chunk of the story hour, permiting a will save is simply not going to be effective. Finally I suspect that adding a gp cost (ie. Bribe) would increase significantly the odds of getting another post by him. Hmmm, perhaps we should look into setting up a pay pal account for the purposes of bribing him? $10 or $20 a reader could be a strong incentive...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads