Spoilers The Marvels (Spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It's a balm, but it's not the balm I'm looking for. I want space opera outside of the superheroes genre, I want modern urban xianxia outside of the superheroes genre, I want the rich diversity of nerd topics coming from the Mouse to be reflected in the film industry outside of the Mouse.
Well the great thing about the 21st century is that we have untold choice of what to watch - theres a whole slew of Movies and Shows streaming direct to you from around the world including actual Chinese xianxia.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Just saw it. And thoroughly enjoyed it.

Only criticism that comes to mind is that the destruction of two worlds and the death toll that that implies is not in tune with the movie's overall tone.

But the Flerkens, chasing and devouring the crew to the tune of Memory? Gold.

pukunui

Legend
Only criticism that comes to mind is that the destruction of two worlds and the death toll that that implies is not in tune with the movie's overall tone.
I got the impression that the two worlds weren't fully destroyed, but I'd need to see it again. It's possible they just don't ever revisit the open rifts, which would be a bit of an issue really.

Just saw it. And thoroughly enjoyed it.

But the Flerkens, chasing and devouring the crew to the tune of Memory? Gold.

I think the population of the second world survived, its just their Oceans were smaller after that, maybe more land showing. And the first might have been just a small colony, not a global population, so casualties in the hundreds to thousands not millions to billions. Still horrible.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I got the impression that the two worlds weren't fully destroyed, but I'd need to see it again. It's possible they just don't ever revisit the open rifts, which would be a bit of an issue really.
the skrull planet had its atmosphere stripped, the left behind skrulls are either dying in the carnage of the attack or suffocating in the ruins - the whole poignancy of Kamala confronting Carol depends on that being a fact, otherwise it really was a meh moment (it was already too short and too frivolous to convey the proper emotional grimness of Carols decision)

I can accept the Water Planet still having some water left, enough for the singing population to survive even if the movie doesnt following up on the consequences to global climate and desertification

the skrull planet had its atmosphere stripped, the left behind skrulls are either dying in the carnage of the attack or suffocating in the ruins - the whole poignancy of Kamala confronting Carol depends on that being a fact, otherwise it really was a meh moment (it was already too short and too frivolous to convey the proper emotional grimness of Carols decision)

I can accept the Water Planet still having some water left, enough for the singing population to survive even if the movie doesnt following up on the consequences to global climate and desertification

My logic for the water planet surviving with reduced water is if they Skrulls had taken all of it, their planet would have drown, flooding their entire civilization, trading one problem for another, so they had to shut the taps off at some point. Still alot of environmental chaos.

Remove ads