• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mean Streets

SIN, Having read the background on your character, I'm having a real hard time seeing how he'd be involved with a task force investigating violent crimes, other then as a suspect or target. Even as an informant, they wouldn't touch anybody who is habitually doing violent crimes or dirty work on behalf of anybody, no matter how useful their info might be. This group isn't operating outside or above the law, they are primarily embodied to pool local, state, and federal resources, and get around things like bureaucratic turf wars and jurisdictional issues.

Any chance you could tone down his background just a bit? A mass murderer just isn't what we need for this.

Last edited:

Just want to check in and inquire whether Cristal would be appropriate or not for this game. If she's not, then I have a presbyterian pastor character in mind who might fit. A spiritual advisor/counselor to victims. If need be, I would be happy to change character concepts and would try to work it so that I didn't overlap too much with Rhun's concept.

Yeah, Cristal fits in well, both as a informant, and as a character that can grow into something more, if you choose to take her in that direction. SIN's basic concept, of a troubled character with a nasty past, is also fine. It's the details that killed things.

This week has been incredibly hectic for me. My children are on spring break and there have been daily swimming lessons, plus every other day events at church. I'm still interested in this game but likely won't be able to finish up Cristal until tomorrow. I'll be out all of this afternoon into the evening and will probably be totally wiped out when we come home at 8pm.

Remove ads