• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Open mic night/band contests - As I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread, this could be a great amount of fun. It would encourage characters without bands to work toward forming one and adding a layer of roleplaying to the prep time for the contest.

Cage fights - Considering the setting material we have in place, this seems like a good idea to me. One main thing that would need to be decided beforehand in my opinion would be scoring the fights and/or refereeing them. It would depend on how far we want them to drift from practised martial arts contests held within in an enclosed barrier (probably more like metal bars welded together) and an Ultimate Fighting Championship style tournament which could get quite bloody (where the cage is more like a chainlink fence). Probably would be best to hold this one with male and female character brackets due to modern social opinions of violence, especially since if it gets done, we would likely have enough interest from characters of both genders to make the brackets varied enough.
I'd be happy to help organize a tournament of this sort if the staff would like a hand since this sort of thing is right up my alley. I'm familiar enough with both styles of the cage to pull something together along either line. :plotting:

Dances - These would probably be more successful in the Meeting Place than they were in the fantasy rooms simply by atmosphere alone. A nightclub is more condusive to the concept than a medieval-esque setting for the most part I think.

Drinking contest - It would be tricky to manage realistically, but it could be done. It could either be done with technical formulas based on a weigh-in, or just freeformed.

Festival and theme nights (grouped together since a Festival would fit in as a theme really) - I'm kind of neutral on these, simply because I think some of the themes could hinder things, while others might be booming successes. It would be a trial and error thing, like the way the ISRP dances used to be; some were well trafficed, others weren't.

All of the 'incidental' ideas are great, any one of them would be fun to see played through.

M

melynxt

*jumps up and down excitedly!*

So we're finally getting closer to the opening of this....swe-e-e-e-e-t.

I think the police raid thing sounds awesome, as well as the cage fighting, open mic night (there are a LOT of funny people on the isrp ^.^)

But now i want to know more about the background of TMP ic wise, any links yet??

But all in all, awesome ideas :D

A

Autora

Cage! Cage! Cage!

phoenix_fx said:
Battle Cages - great idea, with only one problem! I doubt any females would be interested in fighting, but on the other hand, some women like to see tough men and such. idea is up to you guys.

*snickers* And this is the first time ever that I'm starting with a non-combat character... oh the irony!
Btw Blayde, contact me for a few recent pics I dun have the guts yet to post here but would prove the point. :devil: Hehehe!

IMHO a "plot" isn't something as simple as "it's opening night". I mean, duh, it's opening night. That's a give-in. Plot to me means some actual story going on, like someone already wanted by the feds hiding out in the party and the cops come to bust their ass. Or a rival gang is seeking them out and question everyone on the quiet like some detective on a murder mystery, trying to reach their target. The idea about something being released which affects everyone is part of a plot. Something that you play, not just play around.

In the cage I'd foresee male, female and mixed. :angel: Maybe the girls don't wanna fight only girls. Chivalry is dead. The only thing worrying me is the specie/mutation factor. Theres bound to be some... less-common races around, known or unknown. (Aren't wizos supposed to be about da aliens this time 'round?) Are they separated? Is that possible even if it were a "rule"?

Mental note: Stay out of Tharvious' alley... or sell tickets and popcorn.

And I vote Saturday! No school! :D

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Autora said:
In the cage I'd foresee male, female and mixed. :angel: Maybe the girls don't wanna fight only girls. Chivalry is dead. The only thing worrying me is the specie/mutation factor. Theres bound to be some... less-common races around, known or unknown. (Aren't wizos supposed to be about da aliens this time 'round?) Are they separated? Is that possible even if it were a "rule"?
Chivalry may be somewhat dead, but mixed gender cage fights are still far from common. It could work though. The aliens would be a bit trickier to separate due to their technology levels, the two presently written up mutant races would have a harder time getting through, especially if there was a weigh in (one being the size of a real-world dwarf, the other having a heavy tail). Since both aliens and mutants are meant to be rare presences, these would both likely be met with the standard ignorant human reaction to a new species seen in most movies: The curious want to capture, the violent want to kill, and the sane want to run away. :schemes:
Short of a lax entry requirement for the tournaments, the mutant races I wrote up would probably have one fight before being found out though, if that. Cage fights have a way of punishing the baggy disguises that would be needed to hide what they are since they lack the technological methods the aliens have.

Mental note: Stay out of Tharvious' alley... or sell tickets and popcorn.
:p
It happens when you watch martial arts tournaments, pro-wrestling, UFC, and kickboxing while growing up due to living in the rural farm country. You learn of some strange things. ;) :D

Jetbomb24

First Post
Blayde_0107986025 said:
Love the idea of a cage. But... honestly, What sort of bimbo "oh-my-gosh-I-am-so-boring" females do you know??...

The modern traditional type, a school full of them... I'm good for a police raid, but I can't really see my charcter participating in much else. A festival might be nice (pounamu, I still owe you a pic of the layout I'm thinking for The Blast Zone's corner... just gotta get a disk that can survive a day in my backpack, maybe my recently ordered MP3/flash ram could work), but just about anything else my charcter will probibly only minorly fit in. I'd support a short poweroutage to add a new flavor to the RPing and maybe lead into some upcoming plot.

P

phoenix_fx

Blayde_0107986025 said:
Love the idea of a cage. But... honestly, What sort of bimbo "oh-my-gosh-I-am-so-boring" females do you know??

Also, think about the times. General tendencies suggest that the crime rate would go up, not down. I would honestly be shocked by a group of female characters who can't or won't fight. i.e. I'd say quite a number of the female characters would be interested in kicking some males in the proverbial. :angel:

. . . Not that I know any . . .

:D Peace out.
I know a very many of them, most girls I know are like omigod! its blood! lol, no offense intended.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Grr... after having something screw up ad delete my post before I'd finished, let me try again...

Donny, first I need to get the day of week from you guys, then I have better chance of setting things. We're looking at 3 weeks away minimum - that's a week to set the schedule and have it approved by the boss, 2 weeks advertising and throughout that time trying to nab volunteers.

So far is it saturday most in favour? The balanc seems to have shifted from Wednesday...

The fight idea certainly seems to have drawn the most attention. I'd better talk to the boss about our options on it. ;)
Seeing as aliens and mutants are not supposed to be commonplace, I wouldn't expect a separate category for them. THey are not supposed to be drawing attention to themselves as the majority of attetio would ot be the welcome kind. In fact, anyone that seems to do overly well in the fights might have to be pulled aside for questioning and their identities noted... :devil:

DJ battle, just keep in mind the Code of Conduct. It has worked in the past and very well. You simply wouldn't be able to mouth off as entirely as on 8 Mile.

Ladies Night, my appologies for misunderstanding the term. Feel free to draw attention to it i that is the kind of thing you'd like for the opening night. If not, it can always be done later on. ;)

If the opening night was run over all 6 hours sofar suggested, what else would you like other than the cage matches? Admittedly they might take some time, but we can keep our options open.

- Pounamu

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads