• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

B

Blayde_0107986025

Saturday - otherwise I can't be there; I love school :angelhide . Cage Fight with a police raid in there somewhere. And I guess I just never mix with bimbo's who freak at the sight of blood and the idea of fightin'.

T

Tev Loneglade

On Open Mike

I like the idea of Open Mike. It should happen frequently.

"..All I need is one mic."

W

WizO_Pounamu

You got about half a day to get your friends together and make an impact if you want something in particular.

Currently we're looking at either wednesday or saturday, although if people want monday, thursday or friday and get enough support for them it could change...

The cage/fight tournament is possible. We can hijack Limbo as our combat room. ;)
Tharivious, it would be good to get your knowledgable aid on this. So what time on the day would be good for you?

Open mike seems a good second, probably restricted to a couple of hours or so. Don't give me CoC trouble and it could be repeated at a later date. ;)

And possibly a raid thrown in.... :devil: mwahahaha...

The more volunteers I can rope into this, the more things might be possible.

Anyone got something more to say?

- Pounamu

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

WizO Pounamu said:
The cage/fight tournament is possible. We can hijack Limbo as our combat room. ;)
Tharivious, it would be good to get your knowledgable aid on this. So what time on the day would be good for you?
Pretty much any time between 6:30 pm and 7 am eST. ;) Could go as early as 5 pm EST, depending on availability of strong coffee, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Day of the week is largely irrelevant for me, so whichever the general consensus is on that is fine with me. I'll get to work on typing up the standard types of cage fights tonight, should have them ready in the next two days.

Jetbomb24

First Post
WizO Pounamu said:
...The more volunteers I can rope into this, the more things might be possible....

I live to serve... just don't try to catch me when I'm subconscientiously, conscientiously, or inadvertently trying to avoid you, or doing like I did this weekend and spending the whole day locked in my room with my mom's laptop...

W

WizO_Pounamu

Time's up, and looks like the most popular events haven't changed. So this is the rough I'm going to put to the boss-lady:

Saturday (Feb 26?) between 3pm - 9pm pst, 6pm - 12midnight est.

Open mike first, taking the main stage in the club itself (held in the TMP room) followed by the Cage set up in the alley down the side of the building (Limbo). General music during the rest of the time within the club.

Unexpected events aren't going to be to a schedule. :p :angel:

You were trying to avoid me, Jet? Awww... what have I done? :devil:

How long do you think we'd need for the fights or the open mike? Often these things are scheduled for 1 or 2 hours, but some run longer than others.

Any concerns?

- Pounamu

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Not sure on the open-mic time tables, that one could depend on too many factors for one as poor at spontaneous dialogue as I am to guess on. :p

Depending on the competitor turnout for the fights, they could take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours. I've seen fights that just go on and on in the ISRP, so I'm trying to think up ways around that happening here. Depends on which sort of cage we want to use really. Martial-arts demonstration style matches tend to be shorter and run more on a points based system. No-holds-barred cage fights tend to go to either submission or knock-out unless stopped by a referee... which brings me to the next question:
How will the fights be staffed? WizOs filling the promoter and referee positions, or non-staff volunteers? I could cook up either type to run while the fights are going on, or both depending on how prevelant the promoter would need to be during the event itself.

I've got the rough draft of the fight rules just about finished, along with a few variants to add some spice to them if need be (possible late-round change-ups to throw the competitors out of their element perhaps :schemes: ). Basic descriptions of the two cage arena types are done as well, but more detailed versions will be done depending on which type we use. Should I post the rules-draft here when it's finished, or PM it?

W

WizO_Pounamu

If someone else would care to ref, go or it ;) But I'd have at least a WizO in the room as crowd control to make sure no one gets utterly disruptive etc. That WizO could also be in charge of PMing the room description to newcomers and fielding any questions, letting the refferee concentrate on the action.

Its probably wiser to have a timer going than wait for K.O. or submission. As soon as get that date approved, a sign-up thread on the OOC General forum may give you a decent idea of numbers.

It's up to you whether or not you want to post your descriptions and rules here, Tharivious. If you want to keep something a surprise, PM or email me it.

Anyone else got suggestions about timing and how-to-run events? heh

- Pounamu

Jetbomb24

First Post
When did I ever say I was trying to avoid you? To answer your question with another question... what haven't you done?

I guess I could ref if needed, it's far enough in the future that I can make sure I'm not working. As for suggestions, we could have a sort of consenous of the masses to decide the winner (ref indicates each of the players in turn and who ever has the most cheers from the crowd wins).

Remove ads