The Nameless Legion: Archon Lance- Mission #1

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"And away we go"

Trick says before he draws his rapier, and points it toward the portal. He then boldly walks directly into its center, ready for whatever he finds on the other side.l

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

During the briefing Scorch remained quiet and let the others do the talking; they both seem to know what to ask for so there is no need for her to say much. When entering the room with the Worldgate her heart start pounding. It always does before going out on missions, such a thrill it usually is. "See you soon Skystrike!" she says to the bird-like creature before stepping on to the platform.

Harvey

First Post
You all feel the familiar tingle as you pass though the Worldgate, and as you pass through, you enter pitch darkness.

It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust, and you soon realize it is nighttime. However, even against the pitch of night, you can see a plume of smoke rising into the sky. The thick black clouds above occasionally light with crimson lightning. A cold and bitter air sweeps in from the north, carrying the charnal smells of fire and decay.

Lowering your eyes, you see that you stand near the edge of what was once a major trail into Rhule. To either side of the path, wildfires burn on the plains. Coming from the risign plumes of smoke, wagons and trading caravans flee from the destruction to safety.

Behind you, the portal shrinks in size until it disappears entirely.

A small group of refugees is approaching your position. The caravan consists of three wagons, all showing minor fire damage. You count a total of 12 merchants travelling with the wagons. As they get closer, you all notice that their skin is blistered, and that a couple of them have various limbs wrapped in bandages and splints.

When the refugees are about 200' from your position, you suddenly see two figures appearing at the edge of their caravan with a flash of light. Two women appear, and stride purposefully into the midst of the group. Most of the refugees panic as the women bark out threats, but one refugee stands her ground. One of the women spots this refugee, points her out with a cry, and suddenly a huge gray giant appears out of nothingness to grab her from fleeing.

OOC: The caravan consists of three wagons, and seven horses, which appear to be mildly spooked. There are 12 merchants: 11 of them are running away to take cover off the path, while the 12th, a middle-aged woman wearing commoner's clothes. The two women and the gray giant are all within 10' of the 12th merchant. The gray giant is wielding a greataxe and intricately designed dark black scale mail. The first female is a half-elf, carrying a staff, no noticable weapons or armor, and a raven perched on her shoulder. The second female is frail looking, with straight auburn hair, and wears a dark purple cloak with a low-cut bodice beneath it. She wields a small dagger-like weapon.

Initiative is as follows:
half-elf woman = 18
Sul Ilume = 9
Trick = 8
Scorch = 7
frail-looking woman = 5
gray giant = 4
Warfiend = 3
merchant woman = 3

Eeryone can go ahead and post your actions for round one, then I will recap. Once you get closer (i.e. tomorrow when I am at work) I will draw a map.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I forgot to cast Magic Vestment on my armor and buckler just before, or after, crossing the portal (total of +4 AC for 11 hours). That´s what happens when you start playing a high level character

"Hextor is good with us." says Warfiend while adjusting his helmet. "Those must be part of the ones that destroyed the city, and if they´re going to attack the refugees that´ll give us some seconds to prepare and invoke protective magic. After that" he tells Scorch "Let´s target that woman with our most potent magic; she seems to be a wizard and therefore the most dangerous. After she´s dead, it´ll a piece of cake for you to burn them as they approach or try to flee."

After saying this, Warfiend casts Divine power. ooc: That rises his Str to 22 and his BAB to 11, giving him +6 to hit, +3 to damage, a third attack, and 11 temporal hit points.

Just to clarify, I simply propose to spend a couple rounds buffing, very important for Warfiend, then target the wizard with Flame Strikes at the count of three.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'll give the giant something else to think about other than smashing civillians, concentrate on the woman as planned," Sul calls out, in agreement with Warfiend, but wanting to get the merchants out the way before combat was truly engaged. With a roar, she stamps her foot on the ground, then begins to charge towards the giant.

OOC - Activating boots of haste, then beginning my charge towards the giant. Sul will attack with flail and shield both (with a shield bash) when she gets within range, attempting to Tumble to avoid the AoO from his reach.

AmorFati

First Post
Scorch - Firemage

"Well now, attacking helpless merchants. How rude!"
The mage then extends both her hands, palms up, and says an arcane invocation, before forcefully before clenching both hands into fists.

OOC: Casting Flame Strike centered at the half-elven woman.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Seeing a woman in obvious peril, Trick runs at the giant as well, planning on tumbling past him and flanking him with the help of Sul.

"Stand away from that woman, fiends!"

OOC: I will take 10 on my tumble check when it comes down to it. Tumble=35.

Harvey

First Post
Round #1

The half-elf glances over and notices the four of you about to charge into action. "Locke. Tovak. Company coming..." She look sat the party, and begins chanting, casting a spell.

For Scorch:
[SBLOCK]
Spellcract check 30. The half-elf is casting displacement on herself.
[/SBLOCK]

Sul stamps her heel, and activates her Boots of Haste. Leveling her eyes on the gray giant, she charges headlong towards him.

OOC: With Haste, and with the charge action, Sul has moved 100'. She still has another 100' before coming into contact with the giant.

Trick also charges toward the giant, alongside Sul for most of the time, put begins to out-pace her.

OOC: Trick is able to move 120' with a full run.

Scorch eyes the half-elf maliciously, and begins to cast. Suddenly, a large, vertical column of divine fire comes screeching down from the heavens, engulfing the half-elven woman. She is not able to dodge the beam in time, and is engulfed in fire. She shreaks as the flames brun her skin.

The frail-looking woman raises her hands towards Trick. "Two can play with fire" she says, as she chants and a flaming stream bursts forward towards Trick. Fortunately, Trick is moving too fast, and the ray narrowly veers off to his left.

For Scorch:
[SBLOCK]
Spellcract check 34. The woman is casting scorching ray.
[/SBLOCK]

The gray giant's eyes go wide as he witnesses his colleage in flames. He turns to you and reaches into a bag tied to his hip. He pulls out a large rock from the bag, and hurls it at the charging lumi. The rock flies through the air and smashes a few feet behind her.

Warfiend chants, and begins casting his spell on himself, as he witnesses his comrades go charing into battle.

The commoner looks at the four of you, and screams "Thank goodness! Help us!" as she runs in your direction.

Remove ads