The Nameless Legion: Templar Lance- Mission #1

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"One would think that after so many years I had learned to walk with the flow instead of against it, but that's all water under the bridge." He looks around the room and at the others again. "It was the eighth hour that the briefing was supposed to be, yes?"

Shackler fiddles with the pockets of his robe for a minute, apparently looking for something. Finally he draws forth a very small chip of amethyst and affixes it to his forehead, below the thin golden circlet around his head. A purple light glows briefly within the gem and then in his strange eyes."There, I was wondering where I'd left it ..."

Last edited:

tyrlaan

Explorer
Gyre

The door bursts open and a human woman practically leaps through the open portal. She wears loose, baggy clothing made of thin fabrics. Her pants are black, her blouse is a vibrant green. The sleeves of her blouse have slits that run the length of the arms, through which one can spy a couple of her tattoos. She moves quickly though, not pausing at the door long enough to truly grant onlookers a chance to identify her tattoos. Her skin is of a similar complexion as Shackler's. She's wearing a pristine shirt of mithral chain over her blouse and has two shining scimitars, one at each hip. Slung over one shoulder is a finely crafted bow, and you can notice a backpack and quiver on her back. Clearly, she has all of her belongings with her.

"Oh, sorry I'm late, but I figured I'll be needing all of this so I packed up. Besides, I've been itching to leave this jungle for days."

She continues to move through the room, even while talking. She starts what appears to be a lap around the room.

Spying the lyre... "Oh, that's where the music was coming from. Why did you stop? The tune carried me to the door." Gyre does a graceful spin and spreads her arms wide. Then she extends an arm to Slyv. "The name's Gyre, pleased to meet you. Good to see we'll have an accomplished musician on this lance."

Without waiting for a response, Gyre continues on her tour of the room. Meeting up with Shadow, She extends an arm again. "So you're a stealthy one, eh? Sounds good to me. I can't sneak up on a sleeping deaf guy. I tend to just dance up to my enemies and cut them down." A creepy smile accompanies that last sentence.

Gyre next comes to Shackler and once again extends an arm. "Looks like you're the only guy on the team. That makes you either really lucky or really cursed." Gyre gives him a wink.

"So, anyone know what our first assignment is yet? I hope we're going somewhere more open than this place." She spins around quick and points at Shackler. "You're not planning on messing with our minds are you???" Gyre goes back to her tour, examining everything with mixed attitude. At one moment, it looks like she is fascinated, at the next, completely bored and just killing time. "Has anyone seen our warchief?

Bront

The man with the probe
tyrlaan said:
Without waiting for a response, Gyre continues on her tour of the room. Meeting up with Shadow, She extends an arm again. "So you're a stealthy one, eh? Sounds good to me. I can't sneak up on a sleeping deaf guy. I tend to just dance up to my enemies and cut them down." A creepy smile accompanies that last sentence.

Gyre next comes to Shackler and once again extends an arm. "Looks like you're the only guy on the team. That makes you either really lucky or really cursed." Gyre gives him a wink.
"Hi, I'm Shadow." says Shadow, watching the bouncy Gyre jump around the room. "Yer all fulla energy aren't ya?"

Shadow can't manage to supress a giggle when Gyre speaks to Shackler. It just occured to her as well.

"Well, looks like we're all hear. Lookin' forward ta workin with y'all."

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

Sylv meets Gyre's introduction with a happy smile, nodding slightly.

“Yes, that was me. I was just about to put it back into my pack. Someone had told me once, that it would be inappropriate to play during a mission briefing, so when you all started to enter, I figured it was about time to stop. Oh, and I'm called Sylv. Well met, Gyre.”

Dakkareth

First Post
tyrlaan said:

"So, anyone know what our first assignment is yet? I hope we're going somewhere more open than this place." She spins around quick and points at Shackler. "You're not planning on messing with our minds are you???" Gyre goes back to her tour, examining everything with mixed attitude. At one moment, it looks like she is fascinated, at the next, completely bored and just killing time. "Has anyone seen our warchief?

Shackler raises an eyebrow as Gyre comes bursting in. Full of energy, indeed. Can be good or bad, but as long as it's channelled ...

When she comes to him, he rises and shakes her hand. "In the past I've found it both blessing and curse. That there is no loathing on first sight should be a positive sign though, yes?"

Shackler sits down again in the chair made for a far bigger creature and grins at the reference to his speciality. "And no, I don't mess with fellow legionnaires' minds. Unless you consider a linking of minds for quick communication an intrusion of course ... I once met a githyanki who took offense at that." His three eyes, two natural, one gemstone, flash amusedly.

So far so good. Now let's see, whether some form of cohesion comes from this, once work-time begins. This line of work requires more than just getting on well with each other.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Shackler said:
When she comes to him, he rises and shakes her hand. "In the past I've found it both blessing and curse. That there is no loathing on first sight should be a positive sign though, yes?"

Shackler sits down again in the chair made for a far bigger creature and grins at the reference to his speciality. "And no, I don't mess with fellow legionnaires' minds. Unless you consider a linking of minds for quick communication an intrusion of course ... I once met a githyanki who took offense at that." His three eyes, two natural, one gemstone, flash amusedly.

"I think the positive sign is finally getting a chance to DO something." Gyre takes a couple steps that are almost leaps, carrying her towards one of the larger chairs. "Glad to hear you aren't inclined to mess with my head."

Gyre continues her aimless but graceful pacing of the room, moving to some silent rhythm.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Gyre hon, there ain't no reason to be nervous." Shadow says "Tha 'chief will be here when he gets here. Ya drive yerself mad with all yer pacin'. I fer one am lookin forward ta meetin' him."

'I wish she'd stop that, now I'm gettin nervous.' Shadow thinks to herself, nervously tracing the lines of one of her tatoos on her hand 'I hope no one's poisoned him against me already. Don't seem like any of my new lancemates have anythin' against me, less they keepin it hidden.'

Remove ads