The Nameless Legion: Templar Lance- Mission #1

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“Yes, we should focus our attention on the library, and circumvent the obstacles as they present themselves. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared for any of them, that are likely to be encountered, of course.”

Bront

The man with the probe
"I don't think we need ta go lookin for a fight. Ya don't kill tha cow ta git tha milk ya know. With luck, we'll be outa thare in two shakes of a lambs tail."

Shadow looks around. "Whelp, I ain't got no more questins. I'm ready ta go Blade."

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

Shackler nods in agreement. "Unless you have additional information about the ward against teleport on the island - such as how far it reaches, whether it is bidirectional or if it can be passed with a key - I have no more questions either."

tyrlaan

Explorer
Gyre

"Alright, suit yourselves. But like Slyv said, we should be prepared to fight." Gyre saunters toward a corner of the room. "If this guy has all these defenses to keep people from just popping in, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he has some sort of magical alarm for when anyone uninvited gets in, regardless of how they get there. Missions like this tend to turn into desperate fights for your life." Gyre starts pacing back to where she was. "Just saying, if our hope is to avoid a fight, we'll probably be getting a fight." Gyre leans against the wall and then pushes off, a chesire grin spreading across her face. "So, when do we leave?"

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“Speaking of preparation, I'm ready if you are, as I have not much to prepare.”

While they are talking, Sylv curiously watches the others present with her black eyes, focusing her attention at D’thal in particular, in order to get a hunch about whether she can trust him, that he is relating them correct information, something the fey got paranoid about during her previous service with the Sons of Shadows.

OOC: Sense Motive +12.

Harvey

First Post
The hobgoblin returns with the folded boat. He heaves it on the table with an exasperated sigh. Blade watches the discussion with interest.

D'thal responds to Shackler's last question. "We honestly do not know. We've tried various methods to teleport onto the island unsuccessfully. In talking with Blade, we decided it would be best to teleport you on the nearby coast, with the assumption that it would work."

"Which, there is only one way to find out. Off to the Worldgate." Blade motions for you all to stand, and leads you through the corridors of Homebase to the Gateroom. One of you grabs the Bag of Holding and the Folding Boat.

OOC: For whomever grabs the Bag of Holding & Folding Boat, please make sure to note it for encumberance, etc. on your character sheet.

For those of you who have been on missions before, the Gateroom is very familiar. The largest building on Homeworld, the center of this huge ziggurat has been hollowed out, and contains a vast central room. The central room is pyramidal in shape, and measures almost 300 feet wide in both directions. The apex of the pyramid is easily 300 feet tall as well.

In the center of the room, measuring 200' square, is the staging platform. Those of you familiar with some of the Legion's large-scale assault missions have seen this room filled with troops in the past. Currently, the staging platform is empty.

In a raised balcony area that circles the staging platform, the individual Worldgates reside. There are 20 chambers leading off from the central room, and in each chamber resides the Worldgate that the smaller lances use to bring them to their final destination. Blade leads you to one such room, and in passing you see some fellow legionnaires off on another mission: an aarokocra leads a lumi, an aasimar, a gnome of some sort, and a half-elf.

He leads you into a 40' x 50' room, and standing in the middle is the activation stone. This stone pillar rises 4' into the air in the middle of the room, and it is this piece that activates the Worldgate. Blade is about to take his position in front of the activation stone, and reaches into a chamber and pulls out a brooch. He hands it to Sylv.

"Here's your recall brooch. Tap on this brooch and speak in common "Return." I will activate the return portal to retrieve you. Guard it well, there's only one use for recall. Once you're recalled, we can't re-enter the area."

He turns and places his hands palm-down onto the stone, and you all witness the stone glowing. As the stone glows, a swirling mass of green light begins to form in front of you. The swirling continues, as the energy coalesces into a green portal, approximately 10' in diameter.

D'thal wishes you all luck as he stands in the corner of the room. Blade looks at all of you, still holding his hands on the stone. "You all ready? Good luck."

For Sylv:
[SBLOCK] Spellcraft = 16. Even though you've seen the Worldgate a few times before, you still don't recognize the spell used to create it.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Wanted to give you all a chance to ask any last minute questions before sending you off. If you're good, simply walk through the portal.

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"I'm not green enough to believe, we'd run into no problems, or that plans survive contact with reality, but it's a matter of outlook as much as a matter of data and situation. If we had enough information to plan and execute an interception flawlessly, it would be a sound tactic - meet the greatest point of resistance on our terms, head on and before it can become a problem. This is not the case however, as I see it, thus we must adapt accordingly."

From his posture it is clear, that Shackler may not be eager to leave as few legionnaires would be, but he's ready.

Hard-earned experience shows. This Gyre knows how to approach a problem.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“Blade, when we use this 'recall amulet', how long will it take until we are back in safety? And in what area do we have to be around the focus, if it matters, to be retrieved? Also, will only we be retrieved or everyone in the area?”

After the questions are answered about the specifics of their return ticket, Sylv is ready to step through the portal.

OOC: Well, it makes no sense for Sylv to take either bag or boat, she doesn't need either of them, and it's certainly better, if someone has them, who actually does.

Harvey

First Post
Blade answers Sylv: "The brooch is simply a homing device to allow me to know where you are and that you are ready to return. When you trigger the brooch, I will open the portal again. A portal similar to this one..." he nods at the open portal before you all "...will open. Only Legionnaires will be able to pass through the portal to come back here. But keep in mind you all will have to walk through the portal. So, if only one of you is still standing, then she or he will have to carry the others." He pauses. "But we know it won't come to that" he finishes with a supportive grin.

Remove ads