The Nameless Legion: Templar Lance- Mission #1

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"Okay, that was that." Shackler states evenly, a look of professional pride on his face as he looks at the traces of dust remaining of the plant creature. If he is surprised by Shadow's sudden appearance next to him, he doesn't show it.

"There's 'nother salad in tha distance to tha north*. It ain't noticed us yet. Might be a good idear ta watch our step 'round here."
"Mmhh, likely then that we were simply unlucky to step into one on drop-in." He nods at Sylv. "Nice teamwork, there."

He takes a moment to look around, trying to get a feel for the area and checking for outside observers out of reflex. Then in a business-like voice he says: "Okay. Time to consider our alternatives. The island is out there, by the time we arrive we need to have a plan. First thing, can any of you handle a boat at sea?"

No need to mention injuries and the like. Wait and see, the soldier's way - she's a veteran after all. If medical attention is needed, she'll say it.

OOC: Regaining psionic focus at some point. Still 147 PP left.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, how hard kin rowin' a boat be?" Shadow asks. She looks towards the coast, hoping that way is clear.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“Thank you, Mr Shackler.”

Sylv moves over to where the plant creature had been a few moments ago, sifting through the ashes with her fingers.

“Those shackles will be difficult to shake off.”

Then she turns to the others, shaking her head.

“I'm afraid, my expertise with the boat is about non-existant, but I could fly ahead and look for a safe passage.”

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"Well, how hard kin rowin' a boat be?" Shadow asks.

"We're going three miles out on the sea - that's not just rowing across a lake. Not that I expect great problems, but it always pays to prepare ahead and have an expert with you."

Shackler lets his gaze wander over the coast. "And of course there's the matter of how to proceed after we reach the island ..."

tyrlaan

Explorer
Gyre - 80/117

Gyre franticly brushes off the ashes of the destroyed kelp. "Oh, great start to this mission indeed!" You can see obvious bruises of significant size on her arms and a couple bleeding welts across her face. She dips down to cup some water in her hands and wash away some of the grime and blood.

"Okay, so what next? Sounds like we need to figure out how we're getting through the rest of this water..."

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“You are wounded,” Sylv observes and as her deft fingers gently touch the shoulder of the dervish, her healing spell begins to mend some of the wounds, Gyre has taken in the battle.

OOC: Casting Cure Moderate Wounds.

Bront

The man with the probe
Shadow looks around the water till she finds a good spot to stick the boat "Sylv hon, ya think ya kin scout ahead a bit so we head in tha right direction?"

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

Staring absently at the distant island Shackler say: "As I see it we have two basic option: Deception and Stealth. Violence would be plan C, once both ways fail. To wit, we could approach the manse openly, proclaiming ourselves guests and allies of Lashimire. Aided by subtle mental influence this could well gain us access to the library. Stealth would mean breaking into the compound and evading detection until we have the books and are out again."

His gaze snaps back to the group abruptly. "Of course a successful operation likely involves both, but we should decide now which is our primary approach and which our fall-back plan - much depends on that." He looks at the others expectantly.

Bront

The man with the probe
Thanee said:
“Of course! In fact, I have offered to do so just a minute ago,” Sylv replies, winking.
Shadow blushes a bit, and then giggles at herself.

"Well, stealth works fer me, but I doubt it works as well fer any of ya'll. I think it's best ta see what we're up against 'fore we plan much more. And that means we gotta git there first. If ya think we kin approach in the dark, that prolly be best. Any of ya'll unable ta see in the dark?"

Remove ads