• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Nav'i Language and Gamer Culture

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
The planet is vaguely sentient and all living things on the planet are connected to it? And it's actively trying to drive out humans?

I think it's obvious how this ends.

The University of Planet finishes researching Threshold of Transcendence and builds Voice of Planet, but the Stepdaughters of Gaia pre-empt them and finish the Ascent to Transcendence secret project first, winning the ga-er, movie.

MarkB

Legend
You realize, RC, that notion of Na'avi origins can only lead to a big reveal where it turns out the Na'avi we know are the descendants of Techno-Na'avi who rejected their science, but as a last act of scientific power restructured themselves genetically to interface with Pandora before destroying all their technology. (They're not technologically ignorant! They were smart enough to reject it! New levels of irony in Cameron's career.... ACHIEVED!)

Is that after their robotic servants rebelled against them and chased their rag-tag fleet across half the galaxy in a vain search for their lost colony?

countgray

First Post
The original poster may have a point. I saw an interview with James Cameron where he said something veiled and cryptic that there is a reason that the Navi look similar to humans, one that will be revealed in the sequels.

Blastin

First Post
Na'vi, please!

The next thing you know, someone will be posting the Elvish equivalent of "Spam more Boards!" or translating someone's spam post into Klingon.

Humm....Klingon Spam. It would have to be "D'Spam-dar"....and it would slice out your liver with a Bat'leth if you didn't click on the link...

Remove ads