D&D 5E The New World [Volo Monsters]

ammulder

Explorer
All right, finished my final review for everyone. These are not showstopper issues, but here are the things I found:

Saashala: you don't start with the Thieves' Tools. You are proficient in them, but they're not in your background equipment list. I don't know why some backgrounds (folk hero) start with the tools they're proficient with and others (criminal) don't, but that's the way it seems to be.

Karok: you should have 9 HP

Ripnek: in your post you said the bolded skills had proficiency, but then you bolded Persuasion even though you're not proficient in it (it does show the correct penalty). Just a styling issue, FWIW.

I updated all the PDFs I have created (links in the first post of this thread). I use those to track things on my side, and I plan to keep them up to date, but of course you can also track your own PC however you like. If you look at the PDF you may want to reload the PDF in your browser after you first bring it up, because sometimes it seems to show an older cached version when it first appears.

See you all tomorrow!

ammulder

Explorer
Er...no. She's a 'criminal.' They start with a gaming set and thieves' tools. Sez it right here.

Here's what my book says:

Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set, thieves' tools
Equipment: A crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a pouch containing 15 gp

Contrast with Folk Hero:

Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisan's tools, vehicles (land)
Equipment: A set of artisan's tools (your choice), a shovel, and iron pot, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

See how Folk Hero includes the tools in "equipment" where Criminal doesn't? More here.

Shayuri

First Post
Fixed it. Sorry about that. :)

My past criminals have started out as rogues, so they get thief tools from the class. Ah well.

Remove ads