• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The odd job[Ooc]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I could just never get into watching other people playing, makes my hands itch for the weight of dice.

And I get that. I don't often enjoy watching it much, either. Critical Role, though, is a bit...different, however. It's voice actors, so they're really good at being in character and stuff, with good, crunchy drama moments and character development. (Holy crap, Scanlon blowing up on them all!) and lots of funny. Even character development for NPCs (Victor the black powder merchant! I can't believe they made a stop in Vasselheim and didn't go see him!)

Acquisitions Incorporated is really more of an entertainment show, very much played to the audience. Very little real character development, but still very fun.

Dice, Camera, Action took a bit more to get into, but Anna Prosser Robinson and the other girl (tiefling sorceress) really get into their characters. And I will never get over Chris Perkins stringing the paladin along about whether or not she killed and ate that baby! Holy cow, that was a good episode!

Actually, tonight's Critical Role should be very character oriented. I don't want to ruin anything for KahlessNestor since he mentioned not seeing last week's episode yet. I don't know if it will be a great jumping in point, but as he said, the best thing about Critical Role is that the players take the ROLE part of RPG extremely seriously. The in-character stuff is amazing. People complain that one player is extremely annoying, but she's just playing her character's low charisma perfectly. Two of the players are playing twins and they play the brother-sister dynamic very well. etc.

Matt Mercer will give you DM-envy. You'll wish your DM was Matt or that your DMing was like Matt's. He is that good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads