• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malecentaur

First Post
A quick intro

Well, this is going to be a short and frank message. ; )

A player in my D&D group told me this is THE place to get good advice. That's why I'm here. My group is playing now for about a year and a half, and for the last six or so months I am acting as DM. It's a Faerûn-based campaign, set in Tethyr, mostly along the Sulduskoon and in the Forest of Tethir.

For the frank part: I'm too busy usually even to frequent the boards of the groups I've been a long-standing member of. So, I'm not likely to be very sociable. Please forgive me. : )

So, if anyone takes the time to reply to this message in the thread, I wont see it. Just so you know. Feel free to mail me though.

Kind regards,

Malecentaur

Dana_Knight

First Post
Dana_Knight

I've been playing D&D for a long time, but have only recently gotten into the computer aspect of it. I play about once a week, and occassional questions come up, which I plan to find the answers to here.

Good to meet you all!

Grossout

First Post
Generic question on movement & combat rules...

I haven't played for many years. Never played 3E. Just looking over things about the rules, and noticed that I don't care for some of them. Generally everything w/ movement during combat seems to be so cumbersome. Attacks of Opportunity seems like just too much. Overall, it seems like there's just too many options! Now, in general, I'm excited to start playing again. I just remember a simpler time when if you decided to attack a monster, you basically just threw everything you had at him or ran away when he got the best of you! I guess my question is, if I eliminated some of the more complex rules regarding movement during combat, would it throw the whole game out of balance? I mean, I'd still like to be able to sneak around as a rogue and all, but could I just eliminate all the other rules with flanking and such. I guess I don't really need a super-detailed description of battle in my game. I just need to know who I'm fighting, how many, and what they're throwing at me. I'm not too into "battle-tactics". So, could I still enjoy a balanced game if I just nixed some of the more intensive combat rules? Thanks.

WickedStrawbery

First Post
Intro

Hi, Yeti referred me to this site to quench my thirst for gaming. I used to play DnD weekly for years, then I got married and had a baby... Needless to say (but I am saying it anyhow) I don;t have much time for it anymore. Alas my addiction hasn't lessened so I hope to ward off the cravings with frequent visits here. :lol:

BSamson

First Post
Just saying hello

Hello,

I just joined up and am looking forward to playing a little PbP in the Living Superheroes section.

I'm a big Venture Brothers fan, obviously and I'm about to sit down and watch the four hour version of Dune! Rock on!

smp4life

First Post
Hiya

I'm 35 and I've been playing RPGs for seemingly ever.
I've played:
D&D, AD&D, and D&D 3.5
Marvel Super Heroes
Twillight 2000
Paranoia
Call of Cthulu
Star Wars (80s version)
and a mess of others.

marcusgrubbs

First Post
Austin Texas Gamer

I found this site while doing Google search for gamer directories. There are either annoyingly few or the search engines just don't like gamers :)

I haven't taken a good look around yet but I will hopefully be joining in the conversations directly.

Beli

First Post
Hello all.

Hello everyone.

I'm a new member here, although I am nowhere near new to roleplaying and many of the systems out ther enow. I've been roleplaying since '77, and have seen quite a few games in my time. (God I'm old.) I'm currently waiting on my RPGA Herald GM status to go through, and am in the process of setting up an RPGA campaign and my local gamestore. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I'll be around a bit, reading up on current news and rumors, and hope to get to meet you all soon.

Until then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads