• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushfan

First Post
Noticed the automessage.

I've gamed for 25 years, off and on, and am looking to start playing again with my son. So I'm looking for adventures that are easy to run with little time commitment from me so I can get my son into pencil & paper RPGs....

krossbohnz

First Post
Newbie on the site...

Hey, how's it going? I'm new to the site and am still trying to find my way around. My name is Jaye and I dabble in fantasy art...especially character sketches. I'm building a site for gamers looking for character art and also visual aids for campaign settings. I thought I would post some work so that I could get a little feedback...also, I would like some input as to what gamers and DM's might want in a site that is built soley for their artistic needs. Let me know what you think. I thought I would create a new thread, but like I said...I'm still finding my way around. Here are some examples of my work...

Attachments

• ranger.jpg
    ranger.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 49
  • pictures for the web site 001.jpg
    pictures for the web site 001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Enoch the Shifter(464 x 600).jpg
    Enoch the Shifter(464 x 600).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Ibn

First Post
Converting jpeg image to dpf

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how the dpi of an image can be discovered after converting a jpeg image to dpf? I converted a jpeg image that I thought was 300 dpi to a dpf and a printer told me that the image was only 150 dpi and that he needed 300 dpi for the image. I was not told how they knew that.

Ibn

the Jester

Legend
Welcome aboard, all! :D

I'll second the recommendation of 'gamers seeking gamers'- I met a couple of gamers thereby, one of whom is now a hardcore member of our group. (Hi Brain! :p ) krossbohnz, there is actually a whole art forum here- you should post some stuff over there too! :) :cool:

ENWorld is a friendly place, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I!

Urto

First Post
Urto... or something!

Yup, it told me to click here and introduce myself, so here I am. I'm Urto, and I like D&D, but I really only get together with a few buddies and try to play. We aren't entirely slow, so we grasp the basic concepts of the rules, but still have a LONG ways to go as far as how well we understand it all goes. Hopefully, I can become much more pro with this site.

The few times I have played were real good fun. Walked through a mine with a fellow adventurer, because we got seperated, and played a game of rock paper scissors to decide who went into the spooky looking room. He lost, didn't detect anything wrong (sadly, enough), walked in, fell down a trap door, and didn't quite have the reflexes to save himself. Best time I ever had in a while. Yup, love this game so far.

Anyways, I hope to use use this site as a good resource to become far more engaged in the D&D community.

~Urto

Jurom

First Post
Whats up

Jurom here D&D rocks. I like to play but most of my friends will not. I have a few that do but work stops us from playing like we want too. I would like to play online if possible. But im not shure how because I don not play on the computer much. Feel Free to email me. Robzdadad@hotmail.com ;) :cool: :cool:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Welcome Urto, Jurom! :)

Glad you liked your D&D experience, Urto. There's a whole forum to learn the rules, so that could help refine your knowledge of the rules. Careful, though, the big-wigs over there can get a bit fiesty sometimes as they nit-pick the details. Don't be discouraged, though, they have a wealth of information to share. The General Discusson forum is a mroe useful to place to learn about various styles to play, though. There's just so much information here. :)

Jurom, if you're looking for some online play on EN World, try our Talking the Talk forum. There are games, there, that recruit players for PbP games. There isn't a recruiting thread all the time, but I think there's one or two now. Read the FAQ on that forum and dive in a game--you'll get the hang of it as you go. :D

AngeluS

First Post
Hello,

As all the others here I am replying in this thread to say hi and of course to express my fondness for D&D. :)

I've been playing it for about 3 years now but because of work and studies me and friends don't get together on a very regular base so I still not entirely up to date on all rules. But that's why we have the books. ;)

I found out about this site on another forum were I am participating in an online campaign and a fight club. (Arena51, dutch gaming forum)
the fight club is more centered on the battles but some of us throw in some roleplaying and it is a good way to find new people who we can make addicted to D&D.
The fighting rules attracts them more than the role playing part but after a while I am sure that we can get them to roleplay a bit. :p

If i find the time I would also like to participate in an online campaign here but let me check the rest of this fantastic place first and get comfortable before I commit myself to something like that.

ps: if you want to know more about the fight club, let me know by pm or email.

AngeluS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads