• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLesuit

First Post
Bad like "The Lurker"

So, I guess this is where I enter pertinent details about myself. Not really much to say. I will be forty this year. I’ve been gaming for nearly thirty years. I started with the simple things: creating my own versions of Clue and Monopoly. I guess I discovered RISK when I was ten or so. I didn’t find RPGs until a few years after that. Now I’m waiting for my own children to be old enough to roll dice and create characters. Such is the way of things.

I live in the Seattle-Redmond metroplex (more accurately the suburbs) and commute downtown during the week. I work for a large international medical software company as a project manager. Most of the managers I know are gamers as well (go figure).

In my spare time (what little there is), I am the campaign coordinator for the Portals of Midwrathe campaign setting. I am also active in the Seattle MOB: a local gaming club.

I have a wife (a reformed gamer), two kids, a cat, and a mortgage. I drive a used Honda Accord.

Everett

First Post
Haven't been around EnWorld much before. Reading through all the Defenders of Daybreak adventures.

Back to reading.

-Everett

kerrechka

First Post
Greetings all.

Long time reader, first-time poster. I have enjoyed learning new things from the many here at EN world and look forward to much more. Thanks

The Horror

First Post
The maze of lost posts

Hi, I'm new here. I haven't lurked here for more than 20 minutes, but I see a definate place for this forum in the greater scheme of things.

There is one thing bugging me though. How the hell do you perform a search? I see no search function in the forums. Are all posts here destined to fall into the bottomless pit of time? The FAQ are no help. They refer to a search button which I cannot find. Thankfully I should be automatically subscribed to this thread here, so I'll at least be able to find your replies.

Later,

The Horror

The Horror

First Post
Ah, nevermind. Now that I've posted for the first time I see the Horrors of searching coming out in full.

This place is going to be a lot less useful than I thought.

The Horror

Rhine

First Post
Hello...

heya, i can finally say my hello's after getting regular net access again!!!!

so, ah... Hello!

I'm a kind of new D&D player, and i play some of the White Wolf stuff and Shadowrun!!!!!

cya y'all round sometime :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Everett said:
Haven't been around EnWorld much before. Reading through all the Defenders of Daybreak adventures.
Whoo hoo! :D

As far as searching is concerned, there are a couple of options if you don't want to purchase a community supporter account (these will become a lot more useful in two months when we have the new server and search becomes speedy.) When you want to find something, you can:

- Ask in the Meta forum for someone to search for you - people are really good about this.

- Sort the forums by # of views, # of posts, thread originator, thread title, and the like. This is admittedly clunky, but can be very effective for certain types of threads.

- Just ask about what you want info on, and get fresh responses.

Go have fun!

Frostflame

First Post
hi, guess what... i'm new!
I've been using the creature catalog for my campaigns for some time though. I just tought I'd join the fun and contribute some of my own insight..

~FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads