• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibyl

First Post
Greets

Hi.
My name is Sandra. I've played RPGs for nearly 15 years now, and D&D for about 10 (I started with White Wolf).
I am a player and a GM. Currently I am in two on-going home campaigns, running a third, and I play Living Greyhawk whenever I get the chance.
I like Sorcerers a lot, but Rogue is my favourite class. I am a skill point junky.
I lean more towards the 'thespian' side of play, rather than the 'tactical', but I do enjoy some tweaking and I dislike playing something so far off the norm for a particular game/party balance that I become ineffective. I did that once - a mind-effecting Sorcerer/Psion/Mindbender, in a campaign filled with undead and constructs. Nifty concept, but not a good choice for that campaign.
My current characters are a Halfling Sorcerer 10/Dragon Disciple 7 (Bronze Dragon), with a penchant for lightning spells, a nasty habit of going toe-to-toe with the enemy (lots of feats and magic items invested in the 'you can't hit me' strategy), and a side-line professional career as a laundrywoman. She is now married to a lord (another PC - a Halfling Barbarian) and has twin girls.
My other character is a 13th level straight Rogue - but call her a Theif, for she can't stand pussyfooting around. She's the Chaotic antidote to an otherwise Lawful Party (we're all neutral). Well, I should call her a 'he', since she found a cursed belt that gave her an involuntary sex change. He refuses to give in to biology, however, and wears pouffy skirts and a string of pearls. Since he hasn't figured out the whole 'beard shaving' thing yet, its quite amusing. He is a complete skill monkey, with feats designed to maximize his sneak attacks.
The game I am running is set in my own world, with the player characters in the roles of the Irregulars - a peacekeeping force designed to keep all undesirables (i.e. monsters) out of the very lawful kingdom of Landicar. Due to time constraints, I am using a variety of pre-written modules with changes made to incorporate Landicarian elements and PC backstories.

That's all for now. Stay Good.

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
Lost to the Lurker

Hello all,
Just checking in. Been lurking for a little while now and wanted to see some of the nifty things I was being shut out on (pics and what not) for not actually being a member.
Like many others, started playing d&d in first edition times (although i started out with the D&D basic) about 16 years (?) ago or so....
I really like the storyhour stuff (piratecat's stuff and the company of the random encounter have been very entertaining).

Shout out

Hello, I am new to the world of forums, so don't expect to hear a lot from me at the present time. I am very interested in new ideas for my home-brew DnD campaign setting, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. :D

evanfardreamer

First Post
My name is Wyatt and I'm from arizona. I was referred to this site by a gamer friend, and I hope to continue the campaign we were on.

In other news, pants are the enemy of freedom.

mad_gondsman

First Post
I'm new to this forum and still feeling my way around, but I've been playing since the 2ed boxed set "Ruins of Undermountain" came out. (I still use that boxed set in 3.5 adventures...)

I'm a GM for a 6 years and running game that has moved to online forums 3 years ago and I have found that I actually enjoy this more, being able to take time and write well-thought-out posts. I really like story-telling and creative writing so it's right up my alley.

BUT... I've been looking to join a good Forgotten Realms campaign (as a PC for a change!) that will be going for the long run. I pretty much play in this setting exclusively as I have so much fun with it...

I've been itching to play a mountaineering dwarven Ranger or something along those lines... I think it'd be extremely fun.

That's enough out of me.

Last edited:

SirGunther

First Post
First time poster, long time lurker. I used to follow Eric's original 3e site, and loved it, and this one is even better. I've been playing DnD for a long time, like 17 years off and on. I've played a couple of other RPGs, but DnD is my favorite. We are currently playing a role-playing heavy, combat light FR campaign. First time I've played FR, and I think it's great. Spent the last 5 years in a custom campaign of my own making, but we've basically finished that for now.

andron

Explorer
Hey there!

Just found this board after following a link about Fey house rules and thought this place looked really cool. Hope to be able to find more useful info and perhaps throw in my ideas now and again.

Neal Stanifer

First Post
Hello

I just wanted to say hello. I'm new to this site, but not to gaming; I've been with Dungeons and Dragons since about 79-80, when I first picked up the "Greyhawk" and "Blackmoor" books. I am just switching over to D&D 3.5 from 2nd Ed. this spring, and I'll be looking through these posts for any advice, warnings, or other comments I can find. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads