• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimStone

Explorer
My first post...

Upon logging in today, I was greeted with a message asking me to make a post, because I had not yet done so.

So, here is a little about myself.

I'm 36 years old, and have been playing D&D since 7th Grade. (Circa 1980/81).

Since then, I have played so many RPG's that I probably can't even recall them all, but I'll give it a shot.

Star Frontiers, Star Frontiers: Knighthawks, Marvel RPG, Space Quest, Traveller, Car Wars, Paranoia, Conan, Indiana Jones, Champions, Cyber Punk, Twilight 2k, Shadow Run.

Currently I Take turns with another buddy of mine (from Jr High) running a campaign world of our own design. Fairly low to mid magic world, with pretty slow advancement. We don't play often, once a month at best. The campaign has been running for about 4 years. Rather than stick with the same group for ever we usually have several different groups that our players switch back and forth between.

I also play paintball as much as I can during the warm months.

I'm married, with 2 boys, ages 4 and 2.

I'm a stay at home father.

I live in Central Indiana.

Well, that about does it. Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep.

-Grim

Samain

First Post
Euhm..hi! :uhoh: I'm most likely a "forever newbie" :heh: Just very interested in reading about it, very unlikely to give any comments on any topics cuz this isn't my first language nor do I know any RPG games so.. I'm a "lurker"! ;)

Maximum Fu

First Post
Hello

Maximum Fu here.

A little about myself...played a lot of D&D in my younger years (now in my 30's). Somehow real life seemed to get in the way as I got older, friends who played moved away, and yada yada yada.

Anyway, I found out that me and a couple of my friends at work (all of whom are roughly in the same situation as I - haven't played for a long while) are all closet D&D dorks and would like to try to get together a game.

Been perusing these boards for a while, and thought I would finally introduce myself.

-Max

Brother Mountain

I've been playing D&D since the days of the small digest-size books (Greyhawk, Blackmoor, etc.), before 1st edition came out. I didn't play any D&D during the 2nd edition days, but my friends and I have gotten into 3.0 and 3.5 now, and I'm enjoying the game again. I think Wizards' rules make more sense than a lot of TSR's old stuff. "Brother Mountain" is my 300-pound cleric who enjoys drinking, eating, and fighting otyughs!

Logan

First Post
First post

Hi. I'm a long time lurker, and I finally decided to make my first post.
I've been playing DnD for about four or five years, ( I started with the 3.0 pHB, whenever that came out) and started comeing here to find some new house rules and such. (I'm a huge fan of house rules, and the only rule I have on play balance is as long we're having fun, the game is balanced. )

Besides RPGs, I read comics, (mostly Marvel, if you could'nt tell by my handle)
fanstasy novels, and wacth a lot of movies,( I work in a video rental store, so that's work, right? ) and am hopefullly going back to collage this semesster to get my history degree.

Well, that's about it in a nutshell, and I hope to chat with you all soon.
Till' then, god gaming!

Snailkeeper

First Post
Hi everyone! I just found this forum on a mad google search for DnD resources - my group has nominated me DM since our old one retired. =^^= I'm an uber-newbie DM, but so far I'm enjoying it!
~SK

Obi-Don

First Post
Hello

Greetings & Felicitations! I've been coming to this site for years, but have just recently registered. So, hello and happy gaming! :D

Felonious Monk

First Post
Hello. My name is Felonious Monk, and I'm a gamer geek.
"Hi Felonious."

It has been a long time since I've actually played a PnP RPG (about 10 years or so), and probably won't be able to again for a long time, if ever. Between work, school, and the baby I don't have the time to hunt down like-minded individuals for the occasional dungeon romp, much less actually play. I've been using CRPGs (NWN, IWD, PS:T) as a substitute, but it just isn't the same.

derbacher

Explorer
Greetings and felicitations

Well, as one of those "old farts" you all keep hearing about, I've been playing for 30 years (I'm now 43). Yes, I have a white box edition. No, it's not in mint (or any other kind of usable) shape, so don't bother trying to con me out of it. I own all the AD&D first edition books, and played them through the "invasion" of that abomination of second edition. (At least we thought it was after investing so much in first edition). :D

Now I have 3rd and 3.5 (funny how things change) and my kids are getting involved in the game. We just started an Eberron campain, now that Sharn: City of Towers is out. I couldn't do without EnWorld, since it saves me so much time checking up on all the other sites to see what's new in the genre.

Keep on rolling!

Dan Erbacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads