• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell

FourMonos

First Post
Riggins doesn't miss a beat at the Hobnob's urging, he takes the small container of pipewead to Kurin, bowing slightly as he hands him the dried leaves.

"Tis a pleasure to meet you. Riggins Magby, at your service!"

He then stops and listens awestruck to the elven song. He slowly walks backward to stand next to Hobnob. "Elves Hobbie! Elves!"

OOC: Nicely done, IronSky

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf takes the leaves, and crushes them slightly with his incisive and fat finger, smells them, giving an appreciative face, and then begins to stuff them in his pipe. He lights the pipe, and begins puffing, pleasantly, closing his eyes, as he enjoys the product. "Ah! I haven't have such a good smoke since I left the Mountains. You will surely make good trade here master Magby, surely so!"

149_stream.jpg

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Was Authiel singing in Common or in Elven?

Vardolas smiles as he sighs, and shakes his head ever so slightly. He speaks softly for Authiel to hear.

I've seen too many goblins to be disturbed by these hobbits. I'm not convinced it was wrong to let them on their way from our dungeons, Authiel, whether we willed it or no. I was in the throneroom when Thorin Oakenshield was chained, and his sentence came from misunderstanding, and not from true harm against our people. Perhaps, then, Hobbits bear good fortune!

He turns to the hobbits and the dwarves, and smiles.

Well met by daylight, honorable scions of the house of Gloin; and well met under sky, good folk of the shire. I am Vardolas of the Wood elves of Mirkwood, and I and my companion come to speak to Gloin, bearing a message from our king, and greetings as well. We come in the friendship born of the battle of five armies, and the alliance of elves and dwarves and men.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Good luck if you are planning on speaking with Gloin. I've been waiting for ours for that fat lazy dwarf to give face here." mumbles the dwarf.

garyh

First Post
Orin heads upstairs to gather Gloin. Bowing to the older dwarf, Orin states respectfully "There are those here who have business with the Lonely Mountain, and would speak to you ere the sun sets. I gather that they have traveled far. They are elves and hobbits." Orin looks to see if that catches Gloin's attention.

CaBaNa

First Post
Hobnob finishes packing the thimble into a fresh pipe, the hobbit draws a small torch and lights it with a flint. Holding the torch to the pipe between his clenched teeth, Hobnob cheerfully listens and bows when courtesy would call for it.
Elven song is entrancing, and so fair as well! Hobnob flushes, his already rosy cheeks, become a dark red. Well met indeed. replies Hobnob to Vardolas and Authiel.

The hobbit claps his cousin on the back prodigiously, What is that you say good dwarf, the land here doesn't produce? Hobnob shoots a glance to Riggins and then back at the guard tower; smiling all the while.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"If we only stand together on the darkest days, we will bring them about faster," Authiel says. She nods solemnly to the hobbits and, grudgingly, to the dwarf. "I am called Authiel Silivrenniel, Watch-maiden of the borders of Mirkwood. Elen sila lumenn omentilmo."

[sblock=Elven]"A star shall shine on the moment of our meeting."[/sblock]

OOC: The song was in common - or whatever Tolkien calls it. The Middle Tongue or something?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
"Westron" or "the Common Speech" (of the people of the West).
[/sblock]

When Orin enters, Glóin is sitting behind his desk with his head bowed, staring at something he holds in his hand. He looks up sharply at the mention of hobbits and a tentative smile spreads over his face, behind his long braided beard. "Hobbits, eh? Send them in!"

Remove ads