• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[The One Ring] The Marsh Bell

FourMonos

First Post
Riggins grins and whispers at Hobbie, "You were right! You're always right! Ma always said you were the smartest Hobbitt to ever grow fur on feet!"

Then he assumes his usual pose of being overwhelmed by the presence of elves and a dwarf. Which isn't very long before their name is called.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf nods in acknowledgement of the introductions made. "Nay, it doesn't produce quality weed. This town of men would be more happy if they had a fine product such as this to fill their lungs with. I will no venture to say it's better than the one we dwarves grow on the lap of the mountains, but it's certainly good. Not that we can export any, as we smoke it all, he he he..." the dwarf's short laughter makes his belly shake.

Walking Dad

First Post
Borin

Borin only gave the assembled group some short signs to enter. He wasn't one for wasting words or faking friendliness. He now takes position next to his cousin.

CaBaNa

First Post
Ho Ho Ho laughs Hobnob How fortunate for we Hobbits then, that the mountain weed is aloof of men. Mayhap our seed could impress, if planted where your seed is best, so in growing there could be no unfair disparity. as the door opens his green and yellow clothing seems to blur for a moment, as Hobnob moves to hide, in an instant he relaxes and stands at ease again. To all but his cousin, and the most perceptive individuals, it was never more than a twitch.

After bowing to Borin, Hobnob leaned in, That is us, I'm nervous, but this is better than we could have asked already. Travel was a gamble but it may have been well worth it. Hobbie takes Riggins by the shoulders, a difficult reach for the short hobbit, and squeezed. Remember to relax.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The rest of you follow Borin back into the building, where the red-bearded Dwarf stands and bows to you. "Greetings to you newcomers, and again to Master Kurin. I am Gimli, son of Glóin. I apologize for the wait - my father had some bad news today, and has been quite, ah, busy, dealing with it. Since the day is rushing to a close, he will see all of you at once now. I hope he will be able to deal with your issues swiftly." He bows again and opens the door to the inner chamber.

Inside, an older dwarf with white starting to appear in his steel grey beard looks up from his desk. He pulls a handkerchief from a drawer and wipes ink from his fingers. The smile fades from his face as he sees the two elves entering behind the hobbits. "Yes?" he asks.

2vhu537.jpg

Borin slips in behind the newcomers and takes a place flanking the doorway opposite Orin, who is already standing by the wall.

[sblock=OOC]
As Glóin is quite an important Dwarf, you will need to make a good impression when you introduce yourself to him. This takes a roll on a skill - most commonly Awe (to impress or intimidate somebody) or Courtesy. Your target number is 14. For the Elves it's 16.

Remember that if you have a trait that you can argue is related (for example, Dwarf-lore to know the customs among Dwarves, or Bold to impress somebody who you suspect values courage, or Cunning to impress somebody who values intelligence) you can invoke it to automatically succeed (but with no chance for an extraordinary success.) Also, if you don't roll, you won't get any Advancement Points (which you use later to improve your skills.)

Also, if your roll fails, you can spend a point of Hope to add to the result (but I don't recommend it at this point because this roll isn't critical and you won't get them back until the end of the adventure.)

It's not necessary for everyone to make a roll - if you think you'll roll especially poorly and piss him off, you can just stay silent and let others speak for you. But if nobody rolls, you'll just stand there staring at him, and you'll look pretty stupid.
[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Vardolas bows to Gloin.

Well met, dwarf of the lonely mountain. The stars shine upon our meeting.

[sblock=ooc] What is the message I'm giving? Is there a package?[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Message]
You're carrying a soft leather scroll case, wrapped securely with a leather thong. Inside is a tightly wound scroll sealed with King Thranduil's emblem. You weren't told what the scroll says, just that is for Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain, and is to be delivered into the hand of Glóin, his envoy in Lake-town.

Also, make a Courtesy roll for that introduction - that's a d12, since you have Courtesy 0, unless you want to invoke your Fair trait for an auto-success (relying on your looks to make your speech sound better...)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Such a beard! gushes Hobnob, We had heard of the great commerce of the house of Glóin, but none had prepared us for such a sight, as a beard of silver larger than an anvil. Hobnob bows deeply, averting his eyes for a moment, before returning to "full" height Riggins Magby, says Hobbie as he indicates his cousin, and Hobnob Hornblower, we are in your debt for gracing us with such a wonder. Please allow us to offer you a token of our appreciation for your hospitality, a gift of our toil. Hobbie nods to Riggins, leaning in close and whispering with a wink, You're the best closer I know, you've got this.

OOC: So that's 18, and I rolled a six on one of the d6s, I think that is an extraordinary success.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] good luck with your difficult choice, auto-success via true-hearted, or a chance at an extraordinary success.

I'm REALLY enjoying this game all, thanks.

Remove ads