• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Order of the Stick meets a terrible Foe

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Eva of Sirrion said:
[sblock]A lawful-stupid paladin grossly misinterpreting things? Perish the thought. ;)[/sblock]

Bloody stupid paladins. They always smite first and ask questions later. Then later, they're all "oh how I have erred, please forgive me!" Just once I'd like someone to respond with "I can understand why you expect forgiveness. You're a paladin. Paladins trust in the goodness of others and their compassion. Compassion and goodness lead to forgiveness. But I'm not a paladin. And my party's rogue just put a shiv in your butt while we were talking here because you're a jerk. Go meditate on that, you holier-than-thou waste of a perfectly good 20-point BAB."

RandomPrecision

First Post
I've always thought it was a 3.5 Samurai from Complete Warrior. Two curved swords, one longer than the other, sounds like daisho-style to me - I think it's a katana and a wakisashi, that the samurai uses in CW. Besides, she mentions lawfully doing things a few times in #200. Smite evil isn't samurai-given, I don't think, but hey, she could multiclass, or something.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Bloody stupid paladins. They always smite first and ask questions later. Then later, they're all "oh how I have erred, please forgive me!" Just once I'd like someone to respond with "I can understand why you expect forgiveness. You're a paladin. Paladins trust in the goodness of others and their compassion. Compassion and goodness lead to forgiveness. But I'm not a paladin. And my party's rogue just put a shiv in your butt while we were talking here because you're a jerk. Go meditate on that, you holier-than-thou waste of a perfectly good 20-point BAB."

LOL glad I'm not the only one who has experienced LS paladins firsthand.

amazingshafeman said:
Man, over the next couple of weeks, I'll miss THREE installments because of my stupid wedding..... Maybe I'll skip it.

Dude, get your friggin' priorities straight!

[sblock]Move the wedding to next week and camp out in front of your computer for the next OotS installment! ;) [/sblock]

Epinephrine

First Post
OotS has been pretty good at making fun of many of the classic D&D elements so far. One wacky element they haven't touched on yet?

Reincarnate.

Just sayin'.

Andor

First Post
I'm thinking Oriental flavored Paladin/Monk. And I'm also thinking that 'splortch' was Durkon taking the hit for Roy.

Smiting a good cleric who has already surrendered and is protecting another? Sounds like an ex-paladinhood to me.

Laiquende

First Post
Epinephrine said:
OotS has been pretty good at making fun of many of the classic D&D elements so far. One wacky element they haven't touched on yet?

Reincarnate.

Just sayin'.

Tell me about that, one of my players used that spell and went from a half-dragon to a Kobold :p

Agree with the other comments, this is one of the best OoTS comic, I think that the part when the paladin reveals as a woman is great!, I was hoping to see a Drow or some extraplanar being, the twist of being a Paladin ( or something like that) is amazing

Remove ads