The Origin of the Gnoll (again)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
There they met and dealt with some ghouls pretty handily, but then the tr'ouls nearby entered the fray.

What do you call a gathering of lacedon?
a flock of sea ghouls! :D (sorry...had to!)

Aeolius

Adventurer
megamania said:
boooo...hisssss....that was aweful!

I have worse :D

I have several unique fish in my undersea campaign. Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, the algae-covered hair triggerfish, the hybrid quipper-snapper, and the fiendish fish, Styx. Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds and ectoplankton. Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies and forget-me gnats? Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom?

I thought not. ;)

Wasn't this thread about the gnome, I'll-ask-ya?

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Col_Pladoh said:

Speaking of which, I never did publish the description and stats for a "thoul"...a troll-ghoul. It was listed as an encounter in the first edition of D&D, but thereafter it sort of got lost. Recently someone was asking, and I sound my notes on the critter, gave them the synopsis.

What a fun and nasty beastie the thoul is!

Cheers,
Gary
Interesting... as I recall, the thoul made an appearance in the Basic Set of D&D (boxed sets)... at least it was in the '83 version I was first exposed to. It was described as a cross of hobgoblin, troll, and ghoul. I wonder if they "Derived" that from your work?

The description of the thoul from the Tome of Horrors appears to be the update of the description from the D&D Basic set.

Thouls have LONG been a favorite critter of mine. :)

--The Sigil

Gez

First Post
Sea Ghoul, OK, but others are hard.

Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, ?
the algae-covered hair triggerfish, I think I get it
the hybrid quipper-snapper, OK
and the fiendish fish, Styx. fish-sticks ?
Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds limpet mines ?
and ectoplankton. ?
Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies OK
and forget-me gnats? OK too.
Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, ?
or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom? ??

Hmm. Enclature. Inal. Inator.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Aeolius said:

I have worse :D

I have several unique fish in my undersea campaign. Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, the algae-covered hair triggerfish, the hybrid quipper-snapper, and the fiendish fish, Styx. Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds and ectoplankton. Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies and forget-me gnats? Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom?

I thought not. ;)

Aeolius,

All I can say is you're a man after my own heart. someone on another thread brought up my LA game enchantments "Elephant of Surprise" and "Element of Surmise." :D

Cheers,
Gary

Remove ads