• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Origin of the Gnoll (again)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
There they met and dealt with some ghouls pretty handily, but then the tr'ouls nearby entered the fray.

What do you call a gathering of lacedon?
a flock of sea ghouls! :D (sorry...had to!)

Aeolius

Adventurer
megamania said:
boooo...hisssss....that was aweful!

I have worse :D

I have several unique fish in my undersea campaign. Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, the algae-covered hair triggerfish, the hybrid quipper-snapper, and the fiendish fish, Styx. Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds and ectoplankton. Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies and forget-me gnats? Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom?

I thought not. ;)

Wasn't this thread about the gnome, I'll-ask-ya?

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Col_Pladoh said:

Speaking of which, I never did publish the description and stats for a "thoul"...a troll-ghoul. It was listed as an encounter in the first edition of D&D, but thereafter it sort of got lost. Recently someone was asking, and I sound my notes on the critter, gave them the synopsis.

What a fun and nasty beastie the thoul is!

Cheers,
Gary
Interesting... as I recall, the thoul made an appearance in the Basic Set of D&D (boxed sets)... at least it was in the '83 version I was first exposed to. It was described as a cross of hobgoblin, troll, and ghoul. I wonder if they "Derived" that from your work?

The description of the thoul from the Tome of Horrors appears to be the update of the description from the D&D Basic set.

Thouls have LONG been a favorite critter of mine. :)

--The Sigil

Gez

First Post
Sea Ghoul, OK, but others are hard.

Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, ?
the algae-covered hair triggerfish, I think I get it
the hybrid quipper-snapper, OK
and the fiendish fish, Styx. fish-sticks ?
Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds limpet mines ?
and ectoplankton. ?
Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies OK
and forget-me gnats? OK too.
Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, ?
or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom? ??

Hmm. Enclature. Inal. Inator.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Aeolius said:

I have worse :D

I have several unique fish in my undersea campaign. Among them are the psionic migraine haddock, the algae-covered hair triggerfish, the hybrid quipper-snapper, and the fiendish fish, Styx. Other psionic undersea denizens include the limpet minds and ectoplankton. Dare I mention those insects native to the plane of time; the time flies and forget-me gnats? Shall I discuss either that most unusual of autumn delicacies, the Brunswick ooze, or the insidious plantlike weapon of the xvarts, the xvart blossom?

I thought not. ;)

Aeolius,

All I can say is you're a man after my own heart. someone on another thread brought up my LA game enchantments "Elephant of Surprise" and "Element of Surmise." :D

Cheers,
Gary

Remove ads