• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

CapnZapp

Legend
It was too long for the simple and well worn story.

I actually longed for more McFarland jokes.

At least they're making a trend of hooking up the doctor with a strange lifeform each season

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Not one of their strongest episodes, which means the guy at Nerdrotic loved it. I liked getting to see Isaac sans robot costume. Also I want to say I called it in an earlier post. Dr. Finn was falling for him and they would hook up.

CapnZapp

Legend
Minor observations:

They could make more of a deal of how Lamarr dates one hot young white chick after the other.

I can't make sense of having the Yaphit character. Not in this episode; the call back to the Doctor's previous escapades was nice, but in general. Having such an absurd creature - and then using it so very little, I mean.

Kelly is somewhat of a disappointing character this season. She comes across much too much as the boring responsible TV mom. She's boringly competent with a wet blanket of a boyfriend.

Come on, Orville - you're wasting Adrianne Palicki!
When she was cast, I hoped to see more of her wild side. More like how Lois of Family Guy has one. Season one delivered at least a little, but not season two so far.

Halston Sage's replacement hasn't even got a chance yet. Very strange, almost as if Sage left with no warning and they decided to just hire another actress to just stand around. I can't think of a single reason why they had to have a Xelayan onboard this season. (The Alara farewell episode doesn't count, since that was obviously inserted to explain her absence) I saw Halston Sage on Magnum PI the other week, and I miss her on the show.

This season has really doubled down on the soap opera aspects of Next Generation. Also the boring competence. Not what I expected. They really need to pick up the pace here, the show plods along as if it already knows it's getting cancelled!

That would be a huge waste, so bring on the smart, sexy action plots! More of the outrageous blue Rob Lowe. More of anti-Picard Mercer (who immediately schlobs it up when captured). More Yaphit. And bring back Alara and her heavy drinking in the face of danger!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And I don't know if I like Bortus better with or without a mustache?

Guess it reminds me of the Magnum PI mustache.

giphy.gif

Nutation

Explorer
CapnZapp;7557612Halston Sage's replacement hasn't even got a chance yet. Very strange said:
I agree with this. For quickly bringing in another Xelayan, they should have had an immediate reason; otherwise, there would be (and seemingly was) time to craft another character and perhaps show us another race in the Union.

Ryujin

Legend
I agree with this. For quickly bringing in another Xelayan, they should have had an immediate reason; otherwise, there would be (and seemingly was) time to craft another character and perhaps show us another race in the Union.

Reason: To avoid rewrites? Story reason thrown out the window.

Remove ads