• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Otherworld

Ion

Explorer
Franklin Field Men's Locker Room, 7:06pm
Enrico, Lex and Trey: The rest of the soccer team starts filing into the locker room. A large crowd starts to form around the three of you and the body. The noise of the crowd starts to fill the air. “Is he ok?”, “Who's on the floor”, “Somebody's dead!”, “What's happening?”, “I think that's my Prof.” The crowd starts to circle close around the three of you trying to get a closer look.

Ilium

First Post
Lex flips his cell phone closed and returns it to his pocket. "The police are on the way. They said not to touch the body," he says numbly. Nevertheless, he crouches down beside professor Cary's body, looking closely at it in grisly fascination. "What's that green stuff? Looks like anti-freeze or something." Lex looks around to see if any of the liquid has landed on the floor or the locker so he can examine it more closely without touching the body. It's obvious that he is trying to lose himself in the minutiae of the scene to avoid dealing with the more disturbing aspects.

iwatt

First Post
So that is what a dead body looks like. With his initial panic settled, Enrico also falls prey to the morbid curiosity of the rest of the onlookers. The empty eyes of the dead proffesor seem to draw him in, dark pools that seem to numb his soul.

After staring at them for what seemed a long time, Enrico finally drags his eyes off the dead man's face. Crossing himself, he mumbles " Nel nome del Padre, del Figlio e dello Spirito Santo. Amen." The ritual helps him to finally settle his nerves. After a while, his normally quick mind begins to race once again. How did he die? Who hid his body? Why his locker?

Stepping carefully in order not to disturb the body, the young athlete moves up to his friend and whisper softly, "Lex, why MY locker?"

Ion

Explorer
A few minutes later the first police cruiser pulls up. Stamped on the side is “Philadelphia Police Department #213”. The crowd has now grown to include any student or person in the area who was near enough to heard one of the shouts of “dead body in the locker room”.

Muxin Yao's Appartment, 7:15pm
Muxin: The cell phone in your pocket rings. On the other end of the line is the gruff voice of a man destined to be Sergeant. “Hello Dr. Yao, this is Sergeant Byrd of the PPD.” He says. Without waiting for your reply he adds “The hospital says your the man on call tonight. We need to you pronounce a body at the university. Can you meet me there in half an hour?”

Falkus

Explorer
Kimberly's patrol car pulled up outside the building, her headlights illuminating the front of the building, and the strobe lights casting a red and blue glow to the scene. She picked up the radio again, as she put the car into park, and said, "Dispatch, this is car 213, I am 10-97 at Franklin Field Men's Locker Room. Entering the building now."

Adjusting her hat, Kimberly exited the patrol car, and walked inside the building.

Ion

Explorer
The scene in front of you is a little chaotic, but that makes it easy enough to find the body. Three men stand at the centre of the circle holding the rest of the crowd at bay.

Falkus

Explorer
"Everybody, please step back," Kim said in a loud voice, moving through the crowd to the body. "What's going on here?"

iwatt

First Post
"Officer, I'm the one who found the body. I opened the locker and it rolled out. I don't think anybody else touched it after it fell." Enrico says in a rushed voice. After some thought, he adds " Well I think Trey here," pointing at the Janitor "checked to see if it was still alive.".

Something about the cop's stance triggers a memory in Enrico's mind. In a surprised tone he blurts out "Kimberly? Is that you?"

Percivellian

First Post
Trey has remained in a pensive silence since he spoke to the two men in the hallway. He nods politely, if distractedly, to the young officer, and is perfectly happy to let Enrico do most of the talking. "Just took his pulse. Nothing." he says, shaking his head. He slips through the human fence of onlookers, hoping no one will take notice of him surveying all the less interesting areas of the locker room.

[sblock=For Ion]Going to make a search check around the locker room and entrance there-to for any more signs of the green liquid, or anything else out of the ordinary.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads