• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Portal (Army)

ghostcat

First Post
khavren said:
"Speak now or forever hold your peace! Anyone from HQ that wants to go with traps or thumpers speak now or we'll leave you out here with the perimeter guard and Johnny! I'll count to five! One!"

"I'll go with one of the trap teams. I may not be able to find traps but I'm stealthy and can provide some muscle, if required."

OOC: Advanced Warning. I will be going on Hols for 2 weeks next Friday and won't have any Internet access.

Last edited:

Tyreus

First Post
"Alpha Rogues split into two groups of five. Omega group A provide cover. Omega B and C perform guard duty." He turns to Johnny "If you don't need me Johnny, I'll go with the muscle group."

Ranger Rick

First Post
Tyreus said:
"Alpha Rogues split into two groups of five. Omega group A provide cover. Omega B and C perform guard duty." He turns to Johnny "If you don't need me Johnny, I'll go with the muscle group."

"That is a good man. You will be a fine leader for those fellows. Let us get going. we have many here who neeed lodging, let us de trap this building."

ghostcat

First Post
khavren said:
"Five and we're off!"
Ansila leads the first group of rogues into the castle. They head for the west gate and check the gatehouse.

SOP consists of two rogues* in front, one rogue will check the floor with a pole, while the other will check for ambushes, not forgetting the ceiling. Ansila will be next, followed by the remaining rogues. Ansila will trust Tyreus to provide rear-guard and backup. Whenever, a door or room is encountered all of the rogues will independently search for traps and secret doors. Ansila will place a chalk mark on the floor after a door or room is checked. These will be the English capital letters A, B, C, etc. I realise this will be excurciatingly slow but as this is to be our base and I do not want to miss anything.

OOC: I will be flying out on two weeks holiday tomorrow morning and my Internet access will be patchy at best but more probably non-existent. Can someone control Ansila and the Rogues while I am away?

OOC: * the two rogues with the best spot.

Endovior

First Post
The gatehouse was well defended, but it is clear that overwhelming force broke the defence. Old blood stains everything, and bones litter the floor. There are also a lot of caltrops present... It's slow going, as your rogues need to sweep the caltrops away before they can advance. The front gate is broken down, halfway through the gatehouse, a porticullis has been beaten in, and another gate lies ruined beyond. The ceiling contains numerous murder holes, and there are arrowslits in the walls. Just beyond the ruined porticullis, there are partially concealed doors in the walls that do not appear to be trapped. Beyond the second ruined gate, the courtyard lies open.

khavren

First Post
The fighter group stays close enough to support the rogues, but far enough back to stay out of the way.

"We should collect anything useful we come across and stockpile it for later."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads