• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Portal (Army)

ghostcat

First Post
Ansila looks over the rogues and, if available, the fighter and select the strongest looking. "Can you open this door please." (pointing to the stuck door.)

Meanwhile, He gets the fighter to surround the doorway in case something nasty comes out.

ghostcat

First Post
khavren said:
"Let's give it a quick going over for anything of value, then move on."
"OK. We need to check for secret doors as well. I'm still trying to find a way up to the wall. If we don't find it here we will need to try the trapped doors in to the wall, unless you have any other ideas."

Ansila will instruct the rogues to search the store room if secret doors. If they don't find any and Khavren has no objections, he will clear everyone back in to the courtyard and let the rogues sort out who is going to de-trap the doors.

Endovior

First Post
One of the rogues finds 382 Silver Pieces in the bottom of an old barrel. Another finds a small, sealed flask containing a strange red liquid. Nobody finds a secret door.

khavren

First Post
"Most excellent! We can use the coin to defray costs like food for all of us, and I might be able to figure out what the strange flask is. I say we let them dice for who gets to detrap the doors, obviously the luckiest should do it."

ghostcat

First Post
"The only problem with that is that I don't have any dice and I doubt any of the rogues will trust anyone else's dice. I was going to leave it to the rogues to sort out amongst themselves."

Turning to the rogues Ansila says "Get to it gentlemen, we don't have all day."

Endovior

First Post
After a period of dicing, one rogue steps forward. He examines the door carefully... then opens it VERY slightly, and sticks a long, thin, bladed tool through the opening. A loud thunk is heard, and the tip of a blade pokes through the door.

"Just a little wire that needed cutting. That should do it."

Endovior

First Post
Behind the door is a long, narrow corridor, with arrowslits facing outwards... and dead bodies within. It doesn't look like anyone actually made it in here during the attack... it seems more likely that magic was used against the defenders... many bear scorch marks or acid burns. Some of their equipment looks salvageable, but it's nothing of great value. Mostly bows and arrows, as well as crossbows and bolts.

Remove ads