• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Portal (Army)

ghostcat

First Post
Ansila tells the rogue who opened the trapped door "Please shut the door into the wall if its possible to do so without reseting the trap. I want to make sure that the corpses don't re-animate"

Having secured the downstairs as best they can, Ansila will direct the rogues to start up the stairs.

Endovior

First Post
"The trap shouldn't reset at all, now, unless someone actively tries to fix it."

He shuts the door.

The stairs lead up and down. The stairs up lead to a trapdoor, which will not open. The rogue determines that magic has been employed to seal the door.

ghostcat

First Post
Once the rogue says that that the trapdoor is magically locked, Ansila will turn to Khavren and ask "Can you open this or do we need to get one of the magicians?"

khavren

First Post
"We'll need a mage for it. Or perhaps we can just muscle it open. None of my current blessings from boccob would work for something like this."

ghostcat

First Post
"OK. I'll send one of the rogues to get a mage. Meanwhile, I suggest that we try downstairs." Ansila turns to the rogue who opened the trapped door. "Right, you've done your stint, nip back and get a mage to open the trap door.

Ansila get the rest of rogues and uses SOP to try downstairs.

Endovior

First Post
Some time later, the rogue returns. Apparently, none of the mages has a spell that will open the door. They say that it may be possible to break it open physically... but the door is otherwise impassible for the time being.

Endovior

First Post
You head downstairs, and find a dungeon. No, not a series of encounters full of monsters, a prison. One of the cells is occupied by a long-dead corpse, another contains a few old barrels. the rest are mostly empty.

ghostcat

First Post
Ansila will find to Khavren. "Khavren we appear to have finished searching here. The only area we have not searched is the trapdoor at the top of the stairs. We can either force the door or try another tower. What are your thoughts?"

Remove ads