• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The prophesy of the Child [Recruiting till 26-01-07]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Rino said:
bloodweaver: where is that SR? :p please add rage/frenzy HP. belt of wonders needs to be 360k but you have more then 200k left so no problem. ultimate defence +20, what source? bracers of melee need to go, to powerfull for that price.

Mantel of Epic Spell Resistance: SR 40 from the Epic Handbook
Belt of Wonders: Understood
Ultimate Defense: Custom item from the DMG I 3.5. Used the custom prices in the back.
Bracers of Melee: My only retort is that Gr. Bracers of Archery give the same bonuses for ranged attacks for the same price. My logic is that these bracers would give the same bonuses as well but for melee attacks only (plus these do not give a free feat). If the price needs to go up, that is understood.

-Blood

Paper_Bard

First Post
Rhino: Is my character fine? Almost done his bio. I wrote it ratehr interesting. Think you'll like it. Here's the updated char sheet with bio.
Char Sheet
[sblock]
Epic Character:
Rolled a 95 for HP. +6 for first level, = 101 without con modifiers and such.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=830797

Feats: 8
Epic Feats: 5 (2 warlock)

Name: Aurrelias Nershay
Class: Warlock 27
Race: Human Height: 5' 11"
Size: Medium Weight: 160 lbs
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral Hair: Jet Black
Deity: Baccob Skin: Pink

Class & Racial Traits:

Human
+1 Feat at first level
+4 skill points at first level, +1 skill point every consecutive level.

Warlock
Eldritch Blast 12d6 +1d6 (Feat) + 2d6(Item)
Damage Reduction 7/Cold Iron
Cold and Fire Resistance 10
Detect Magic at Will
Deceive Item (Can always take ten for Use Magic Device)
Fiendish Resilience 5 (Fast Healing 5 for two minutes 1/day)
Imbue Item
Dark Invocations

Base Temp
Str: 19 (+4) 25(+7) Level: 27 XP:
Dex: 19 (+4) 25 (+7) BAB: +19/14/9 HP: 293 (26d6+6+Con Mod X 27)
Con: 18 (+4) 24 +7) Grapple: +? Dmg Red: 7/Cold Iron
Int: 19 (+4) 25 (+7) Speed: 30 ' Spell Res: 40
Wis: 16 (+3) 22 (+6) Init: +7 Spell Save: +11
Cha: 25 (+7) 33 (+11) ACP: -0 Spell Fail: N/A

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Defl Misc Total
AC: 10 + 8 +7 +7 +5 +5 = 42

Touch: 22
Flat-Footed: 35

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 10 +7 +5 +22
Ref: 10 +7 +5 +22
Will: 16 +6 +5 +21

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Range
Eldritch Blast +29/+29 15d6+2 x2 60ft.
Warlock’s Scepter +28/+23/+18 1d6+9 x2 N/A
Staff of Power +28/+23/+18 1d6+9 x2 N/A

Equipment
Cloak of Epic Charisma +8 (640,000)
Gloves of Dexterity +6 (36,000)
Tome of Leadership and Influence +5 (137,000)
Manual of Gainful Exercise +5 (137,000)
Manual of Bodily Health +5 (137,000)
Manual of Quickness in Action +5 (137,000)
Tome of Understanding +5 (137,000)
Tome of Clear Thought +5 (137,000)
Ring of Protection and Resistance +5 (50,000 +25,000X1.5) = 87,500
Amulet of Natural Armor +5 and Wisdom +6 ( 50,000 + 36,000 X1.5)= 104,00
Ring of Regeneration and Sustenance (90,000 + 2,500x1.5)= 93,750
Mantle of Epic Spell Resistance (40) (290,000)
Circlet of Intelligence +6 (36,000)
Bracers of Armor +8 (64,000)
2 Warlock’s Scepters (28,000x2)= 56,000
Earring of Fell Power (18,000x3) –Based off of Chausable of Fell power from Complete Arcane (x3 cause doesn’t take up a slot. It’s and earring.)= 54,000
Belt of Giant Strength +6 (32,000)
Animated +5 Large Steel Shield with Moderate Fortification 100,170 GP
Boots of Hardiness +6 Con (32,000x1.5)= 48,000
Staff of Power (211,000gp)
Bag of Holding Type 4 (10,000gp)

Starting Gold: 2,900,000 GP
Total Gold Spent: 2,821,420 GP
Total Gold Remaining: 78,580gp

Skills:
Skill Name Ranks Ability Misc Synergy Total
Spellcraft 30 +7 +2 39
Knowledge (Arcana) 30 +7 37
Knowledge (The Plains) 30 +7 37
Concentration 30 +7 37
Use Magic Device 30 +11 41

Current Capacity:
Carry Capacity:
Languages:
Common, Infernal, Abyssal

Invocations Known
Least:
Eldritch Spear
Frightful Blast DC: 25
Dark One’s Own Luck
Darkness (Extra Invocation)
Devil’s Sight (Extra Invocation)

Lesser:
Brimstone Blast DC 26
Eldritch Chain
Fell Flight
Flee the Scene (Extra Invocation)

Greater:
Eldritch Cone DC 28
Vitriolic Blast Dc 29
Repelling Blast DC 29

Dark:
Utterdark Blast DC 31
Eldritch Doom DC 31
Path of Shadow
Retributive Invisibility (Extra Epic Invocation)

Feats:
Weapon Focus: Ranged Spells
Weapon Specialization: Ranged Spells
Empower Spell-Like Ability: Eldritch Blast 3/day
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Extra Invocation x3 (Anything but Dark)
Epic:
Dark Transient (Epic Warlock Feat, see link)
-Fell Flight Speed Increased by 30ft, perfect maneuverability
-Greater Teleport at will for self
-Greater Teleport at will but with chance of error if taking others with me
-Plane Shift at will for self with perfect accuracy
-Plane Shift at will but with chance of error if taking others with me

Eldritch Sculptor:
-Can use two eldritch blasts per round
-Can Imbue each with two essences (If you have Lord of Essences feat)
-Eldritch Spear range increased to 500ft.
-No more AoO’s when using Hideous Blow
-Eldritch Chain can start up to 120 feet away and jumps 60ft.
-Eldritch Doom blast shape increased to 40ft.
-Eldritch Cone increased to 120ft.
- +2 bonus to hit with eldritch blast

Lord of All Essences
-Can add two eldritch essences to each eldritch blast
-If two different types of damage, deals half of each type.
-DCs for all eldritch invocations increase by 2.

Epic Extra Invocation
Epic Eldritch Blast (+1d6)
[/sblock]

Bio

[sblock]
Thalim rubbed his weary brow as he took a small break from his writing. He was getting too old for this. An elf of more than 700 years, Thalim was positively venerable. His gnarled fingers ached from hours of copying manuscripts and his eyes were beginninf to water. He knew his duty though. He was the head of the Arzuulth Library, the most comprehensive collection of rare tomes this side of the rift. He had a duty to the elven people, and he’d be damned if he didn’t do his part.
After rubbing his hoary brow for several more seconds, he picked up his stylus again. Dipping the instrument into his ink vial, Thalim began to pen anew. The hours dragged on as he continued working. There was little time to rest for him. He still had two whole chapters to copy before he could go home. His eyes wandered to the water clock on his desk after several more minutes, and he was dismayed to find the hour to be half past two in the morning. He sighed wearily as the realization hit him. He had to be at the library at seven in the morning, and this manuscript would take several hours still to complete. He would be lucky if he got more than two hours of sleep.
He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn’t even hear the gust of wind as the window above his desk flew open. Neither did he see a shadowy shape enter through the blatant opening. As a rule of thumb, the library was protected from magical entrance, but the elves had never imagined someone would be able to get by their security to make a physical entrance.
Several moments later, after putting the finishing touches on a particularly interesting passage, he was rudely awakened from his stupor by a whisper in his right ear. “You have something I want.” Thalim twirled around in his chair, his old bones creaking, as his eyes searched frantically for the intruder. There was no one behind him. Taking a deep sigh of relief, Thalim figured his old mind was playing tricks on him. He turned back to resume his work.
Thalim let out a startled shriek. A tall, dark figure towered over him while cold, icy blue eyes stared deep into his. A harsh, cold voice issued from the intruder.
“You have something I want.” The figure just stood there, unmoving, waiting for a response.
Thalim was terrified. “Exc…c…excuse me?” The elderly elf rocked back on his chair in fright. The antique chair, almost as old as Thalim himself, groaned in protest.
The figure stooped down and thrust his face in front of Thalim’s, giving him a good look at the intruder’s face. “I said… you have something I want.” The intruder grinned wickedly. Thalim shuddered. He was obviously a human, having none of the willowy build or pointed ears the elves were known for. Handsome too, as far as human standards went. He looked to be about 30 winters or so, as much as Thalim could tell from his knowledge of the elves’ short-lived neighbors. His hawkish head was covered in slick, black hair with a small, angular beard of the same color covering his chin. Thalim couldn’t see anything else of the man past the eerie darkness that surrounded them.
“And… what… what… would that be?” Thalim asked timidly.
The man chuckled harshly as he took a step back. Thalim suppressed a sigh of relief. The man pointed to the library before them with a sweep of his arm. “This is the legendary Arzuulth library, is it not? Surely you elves have something of worth in this place. A magical tome perhaps?” He winked knowingly at Thalim. “Perhaps a certain red-covered book called of ‘the tome of Influence’?”
“Umm… I have no knowledge of such a book, Perhaps you are mistaken.”
The man chuckled once more, but in a friendlier manner. “Perhaps I’ll just have a look then.” With the words barely out of his lips, the man vanished. Thalim clutched his breast as a gasp of terror escaped his weathered lips. Shaking his head vigorously, Thalim attempted to get back to his work, trying to get the frightening man out of his mind.
He was interrupted once more form his work several minutes later. With a poof of smoke, the man reappeared as before, a large book clutched to his side. He grinned. “Found it.” He then started to walk towards the still-open window.
Thalim coughed. “Umm… excuse me… sir. That… that book’s…not for sale.”
The man stopped in his tracks. “Oh really? Are your sure.” He disappeared with a flash and reappeared right behind the elderly elf. “I really like this book… surely we can come to some sort of agreement.” He paused for a few moments, before disappearing once more. He materialized in front of the elf again, a grin on his face. “I know. You’re a scholar, right?” Thalim nodded wordlessly. “You’re good at writing. How about I pay for this book by allowing you to write a biography on me.”
Thalim coughed roughly. He immediately thought of refusing, but then the cold-hard truth set in. This man could easily kill a trained, elven soldier. What possible hope did an elderly elf have against such an unnatural man? His only hope was to do whatever the man told him, and hope for the best. “I guess… I guess that could work. What is your name sir?”
The man grinned and his icy blue eyes danced with glee. “The name’s Aurrelias Nershay.”

Aurrelias was born to a relatively poor farming family. His father and mother, being of humble origin, had next to no knowledge of the arcane, and so were naturally terrified when there only son began to exhibit unnatural powers at the age of seven. After nearly killing them in a temper tantrum, his parents gave him over to the local priests of Helm to be ‘exercised’. Finding a visible taint, but having no idea of its origin, the priests took the boy into their custody for further monitoring. His parents, frightened and confused, quickly agreed.
After casting several spells of detection and imploring their deity for guidance, the priests were finally able to determine the nature of the taint. They identified the boy as a potential warlock, but were unable to explain how a simple farmer boy could have garnered such powers. They questioned his parents, but were unable to find any reason for the boy to have such powers.

One particular priest, a young friar by the name of Talthus, was troubled by the lack of evidence. “The boy got this taint form somewhere… we just have to find out where.” Feeling the parents were the key, the young man revisited the Nershays. Upon arriving at their farm, the friar could immediately tell something was out of place. The livestock were nowhere in sight, and the farm door was laying to the side, broken off its hinges. With much trepidation, the friar inched to the door and looked in. What he saw in that barn was never actually recorded, as the church felt that such information was too disturbing to repeat in their annuls.
Rumors spread, however, that Mr. Nershay killed his wife in a homicidal rage, and then strangled himself in her entrails. Upon further inspection, the priests found that the family heirloom, and old sword from the Ill-Earth war a hundred years ago, held a bound demonic spirit. It is presumed that the malicious entity corrupted the boy in his mother’s womb, and then drove the couple into madness years later. The entire farm was destroyed, the artifact with it, and marked as blighted land. The friar was horribly scarred by what he saw, and left the congregation a month later. Just before leaving, he told the boy his parent’s fate. He has not been seen since.
The boy grew up under the watchful gaze of the Helmite priests. Always told his powers were a curse, the boy grew into a rather sullen and depressed teenager. Feeling unwanted in the church, the boy fled at the age of 15. By this time, his powers had matured further, and he was able to make a living on the street as a performer.
After a particularly skilled performance, Aurrelias was approached by an armored man. Introducing himself as Cairo, a leader of a mercenary band, the man offered Aurrelias a position in his ranks. “I can be them blast of yers are more than just fer show. Fancy hittin’ an enemy wit’ ‘em?” Thrilled, Aurrelias accepted.
Aurrelias displayed a natural skill in combat, and quickly went climbed up the ranks. By the age of nineteen, he had already attained the rank of second in command, the youngest mercenary to do so. Impressed by the now young man’s skills, Cairo gave Aurrelias more and more dangerous tasks. He excelled at all of them and quickly surpassed even Cairo’s skills. Upon reaching his 21st birthday, Cairo approached Aurrelias. He explained that the young man’s skill far surpassed his own, and that Aurrelias should take his position as head of the Red Blades. Aurrelias declined, explaining that his was a free spirit, and he didn’t want to be bogged down by command. With nothing more for him to do in the band, Aurrelias quit. After a heartfelt embrace with Cairo, whom he felt was a father to him, the young man left.

Aurrelias grinned at Thalim as he finished the first chapter. “The rest, they say, is history. I made a name for myself as a freelance adventurer and garnered some fancy items. I increased in skill, and everything was dandy.” He scowled as a thought came to him. “Of course, there was this one time, thing’s weren’t too peachy.”
“You see, I was traveling with this one group of adventurers like myself. There was this elven wizard who thought she was all that, and a dwarven brawler itching for a fight. Don’t have a clue what the two were doing together. Seemed an unlikely paring to me.”
“We were searching these ruins when out of nowhere pops this little imp. The little blighter somehow got it into his thick little skull that he could take us. The dwarf, having not had his chopping fix for several hours, charged the little blighter and swung with all his might. The little blighter just laughed as the axe bounced harmlessly off him and struck the unlucky dwarf dead, just by looking at him. The elf wench was the next to go.”
“Needless to say, I was shocked. Just as I was going to wait for the inevitable, the little bastard squeals with delight and shifts to his real form. Turns out the bloody thing was the Dark Lord Mephistopheles in disguise. Go figure. Anyway, he starts cackling at me, while fire and brimstone shoot all over the place, not even singing me. I just laugh back at him and launch an eldritch blast at his ugly face… BIG MISTAKE. I put all I had into that blast, and it didn’t even scratch him. He just laughed all the louder as he shot something at me. Everything goes dark, and the next thing I know, I’m in one of the lower hells!”
“I got out of there, eventually. I had to kill just about every horned freak in the establishment, but hey… I did it. Don’t look at me like that. Ok… so maybe not everyone. Am I supposed to count when I’m blasting for my life? Anyway, Mephistopheles left me alone after that. I was changed though. I felt much stronger, as if I could take on the world. I started developing strange powers. Well… stranger.”
“Anyway… so here I am. Taking a magical book from an elven library.” The man looked down at the water clock still laying on Thalim’s desk. “Damn. Looks like I’ve got to go. Bye.” Without another word, the man vanished.
Thalim sighed, and looked at the manuscript in his hands. Sighing, he went back to work.
[/sblock]

Sorry it's so long ;)

Last edited:

Rino

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Well Rino I guess I am out, either my character sheet was perfect or I am not in the running. So hope everything goes well.

look at the topic, I'm doing the sheets so I have finished characters to choose from. But final party will be formed on the 27th or 28th

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Rino said:
look at the topic, I'm doing the sheets so I have finished characters to choose from. But final party will be formed on the 27th or 28th

Right and sorry but I just don't feel like I should continue trying to complete the character sheet. With no input as to my sheet I feel it best to duck out and let the others who are get the positions. No ill feelings have fun.

Rino

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
Right and sorry but I just don't feel like I should continue trying to complete the character sheet. With no input as to my sheet I feel it best to duck out and let the others who are get the positions. No ill feelings have fun.

I had your sheet ready for printing but my USB stick is a bit of a mess so I missed it completly. sorry for letting you out. I´ll take a look in the morning if you still want in

Remove ads