• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Ok, Jannson, that sounds reasonable."

Osius follows Jannson, leaving the pyre behind for now.

Liat'ned

First Post
"Sure Jansson, you guys sound like you need some help, so why not."

Liat'ned follows Jansson on the way back to the temple.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Sorry about the lack of update, been waiting for Hand to post... however, it's been five days or so since my last update, and the plot seems to be slowing down as is, so I'll proceed to act in Hand's place.

Sorry, Hand. I know that you are having RL problems, but the show must go on.

-----

Nathan, with very obvious reluctance, offers the gem of telepathy to the Staff, looking away and avoiding the gaze of the deep eyeless eye-sockets in the illithid-head on top of the Staff...

There is a blinding flash of clear light. The gem is pulled from Nathan's hand by an unseen force, and begins circling the Staff as though it were an ioun stone. It begins slowing down after a moment, however, and settles over a small depression. It is then drawn down into the hole...

Animus - you suddenly feel the powers of the gem of telepathy flood through your mind.

Animus gains the benefits granted by the Gem of Telepathy, while Nathan loses them.

<<Now... the other...>> The Staff mentally projects. <<Bring me... the other...>>

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Initiative: 23 (roll 16 + 7)

Oh no... Jansson thinks. He grabs Osius and Liat'ned, points towards the Staff and whispers to them.

"Right, if all three of us rush him, we should be able to get the Staff off him. On three. One... Two... Three."

Jansson sprints across the temple and hurls himself at Animus, swiping at the Staff with his sword.

(Attepting to disarm, the staff is two size catagories larger than Jansson's short sword, giving him -8 to hit, but Animus is holding it in one hand only.)

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
As the backup arrives, Syld bursts away from the room and runs to find Jhessail.
"Hold him down! I'll try to find the High Priestess!"

Liat'ned

First Post
Liat'ned(if the staff is knocked from Animus' hands) goes for the staff, but if not...Liat'ned tries to grab the staff.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus will attempt to move AS FAST AS POSSIBLE through the group, pending his initiative. I'd prefer it if GW rolled it since I'm under domination.

Free Action: Manifesting Burst

Movement Action: Move 80 feet as a double move action.

Partial Action: None.

The penalty for using a "large" weapon in one hand is that it's treated as a "medium" weapon with a -2 modifier. Two Fisted Monkey style disadvantage.

So that -8 is actually -2 for your check roll, after considering your -4 for size.

I could be wrong, I don't have my books out, but I think this is right.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Disarming Animus

Initiatives
Jansson - 23
Osius - 20
Syld and Liat'ned - 14
Desimus - 10
Animus - 8

Jansson charges at Animus, swinging his blade to disarm the human.

As he does, however, Animus takes an opportunity to attack the halfling, using his longsword.

Animus gets an 18, which hits. He proceeds to deal 5 points of damage to Jansson.

Jansson's blade hits the Staff...

Animus gets a 17.

Jansson gets a 23.

...the sword bites deep, and although the staff is unmarked, it falls from Animus' hands to the ground.

Osius, who had been preparing to tackle Animus, slows down as he sees the Staff fall from Animus' hands.

Syld dashes away, in search of the High Priestess. He finds her, walking around the village, watching the trees closely.

"What isss it, Sssyld?" She asks as you approach her.

Meanwhile, Liat'ned kneels down next to Animus, and picks up the Staff.

Liat'ned gets an 18, which barely overcomes the Staff's ego.

Liat'ned's grip on the Staff tightens, but nothing else happens.

Desimus, meanwhile, ceases his casting, seeing that the threat from Animus has been neutralized.

Animus is temporarily dazed from no longer being dominated.

Animus loses the benefits granted to him by the gem of telepathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads