• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"If we're going to keep picking this thing up, we're going to need some tanglefoot bags for whoever is touching the artifacts. You are ok, Desimus?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Don't touch it, you idiot!" Jansson yells at Liat'ned.

Not willing to take any chances, he again tries to disarm, and if he does, kicks the Staff away across the temple floor.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld makes a quick bow before speaking.
"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but we seem to have some trouble. The Staff of Penumbra took over Animus, but Jansson was able to disarm him. Would you have a safe way to handle an intelligent item?"

dkoz

First Post
"Thank you, I am quite fine, but is Liat'ned?
Desimus eyes Liat'ned ready to jump into action if he shows any signs of being under the staffs control.

Liat'ned

First Post
Liat'ned drops the staff quickly and takes a step back...confused.

"Yes, yes I'm fine. I'll be fine."

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus says nothing, he stands there quite still...

He is considering something. Something a bit twisted... but he does not hint at this to the rest of the party.

Jarval

Explorer
Seeing Liat'ned drop the Staff, Jansson flicks it across the floor with the tip of his sword.

"That thing's dangerous. We need some way of handling it without it being able to possess people."

dkoz

First Post
"I could try to use an arcane spell called Mage Hand that would allow me to move the staff. The spell doesn't tend to work on arcane magical items, but considering that the staff is psionic in nature it might still work. Even if this spell does not it might be in our best interest to have a non-psionic person handle the staff from this point forward, since our natural defenses against psionics might prove helpful. Liat'ned has a divine inclination so he has no natural defense and Niko is gone."

At the mention of Niko, Desimus glares at the two prisoners. After a small pause he continues.

"So, that leaves me as the staff's protector or is it captor if you all think this is wise. One last concern I have is should we try to remove the gem of telepathy from the staff?"

Desimus casts Mage Hand on the staff to see if the spell will effect it. If it does he removes his cloak, lays it on the ground, and directs the staff onto it. He will then carefully wrap the staff in the cloth.

Whether or not the spell effects the staff, Desimus will search Jirlai with a Detect Magic spell and then gag both of the prisoners.

[OOC:] Mage Hand affects nonmagical, unattended objects weighing up to 5 lb. I was thinking that since the staff is not "arcane" then the spell might work. It is GW's call on whether nonmagical applies to non-psionic and non-tech. On a side note Desimus has a will save of +4. Not great but it is his best save.[/OOC]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Syld
"I'm sorry to interrupt you, but we seem to have some trouble. The Staff of Penumbra took over Animus, but Jansson was able to disarm him. Would you have a safe way to handle an intelligent item?"

Jhessail has a surprised look for a moment, though it quickly passes. "The Ssstaff of Penumbra... I am not sssertain if any method will allow you to handle that particular artifact. Ssshow me where it isss, and I will sssee what I can do."

-----

OOC:
OOC: Non-magical means that yes, it could possibly affect psionic or technological items. However, it must overcome the inherent SR of the item in question.
OOC:
OOC:

Desimus casts his spell upon the Staff - there are a few purple sparks around the Staff, but other than that, nothing happens.

Desimus - there are no magical auras on Jirlai's person.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson sheathes his sword, keeping a weary eye on the Staff. He goes over to Niko's body and picks up the gnome's pistol, a look of regret clear on his face.

"Does someone want to take this? I don't think losing any weapons at the moment would be a good idea."

He thinks for a moment then speaks again. "Do you think Jhessail could use the Eye to see if there are any illithid in the area?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads