• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock="Perception Fail"](roll)[/sblock]

Seeing the water rising fast, Yimayngurr takes decisive action. He quickly retrieves his reed woven rope from his back and lashes it around the haft of his spear. Then, taking aim at the opposite bank, he launches the missile as far as he can with the use of his spear thrower. Seeing the point sink deep into the ground, he jumps up in the air and lets out a whooping cheer and a cry of "Dbbrr!"

"C'mon mates! Grab hold and follow me!," shouts the half-orc as he pulls himself to the opposite bank using the spear-anchored rope as a guide line.

Reaching the opposite bank, he then turns to assist his allies by reeling them in with the rope, disregarding his muscle strain as he pulls against the strong river current.

[sblock=rolls]Attack roll to sink spear into ground on opposite bank, Endurance check to help pull allies across. (1d20+8=22, 1d20+7=26)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Seeing one of the masons about to slip into the water Kaz catches him. This one won't let you fall. He says simply.

[sblock=rolls]
Roll
Perception fail, perception chalenge fail. (both 14)

Action point to reroll
Roll
24 perception success.
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Livia fires an arrow that passes right through the figure as it vanishes. She follows the arrow with a stream of imprecations, then strides angrily onto the bridge. Seeing that the others are helping the workers reach the other side safely, she tries to push the wagon itself across, but finds that she can hardly move it.

[sblock=athletics]1d20+6=12[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal tires from chopping the tree.
As it falls, so does she.
Building this bridge has required her best.
Now she takes some time to rest.

[sblock=-Failures- I mean Checks]Endurance: 1d20+4=14[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
"Alright you no-good, good-fer nothin' yellow-bellied maggots, unless you want them birds up there to have you for breakfast you get your asses in line and get this bridge worked on. If you're for giving up, then do me a favor, jump into the river now and maybe you'll draw them crows away from us, if not, then get your rears in gear" the warlord shouts, after his previous failure to win the hearts and minds of the workers, he switches gears, with much better results.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the delay all, I've been sick as a dog. Feeling somewhat better now. Thanks for NPC'ing me Iron Sky.

intimidate (1d20+8=22) [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Wah Ah down't know whayat came ovah me. Thayat's not laiyak me ayat awl." Embarrassed that she's let her teammates down, Eithal snaps to attention and gets back to work.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The group manages to get most of the craftsmen to safety on the shore, but Livia and Eithal end up stranded on the bridge with a few craftsmen as the waters rush across much of the bridge.

Dead rise from the rocks on the far shore, some with bows, others with clubs and crude armor strapped to them, while two giant dead wolfhounds wash down the water and scramble onto the remains of the bridge. The circling ravens dive down into the fray, again in eerie silence.

The wagon horses panic and, with the Master Mason aboard, charge off in fright.

The craftsmen cower behind you, crying for you to save them, as the dead rise all around you...

[sblock=Skill Challenge]16 successes, 4 failures, skill challenge success![/sblock]

[sblock=Milestone]The skill challenge was the second encounter of the day so it's a milestone. AP for everybody![/sblock]

[sblock=Eithal]Sorry I missed your post earlier. Lets wait until the next extended rest to level up.[/sblock]

[sblock=And then there were 6]Son of Meepo hasn't been here in more than 3 weeks, so we'll assume Gurk is out.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Yimanyngurr: 22
Eithal: 21
Kaz: 19
Livia: 18
Enemy: 14
Fredrock: 10
Corvus: 2
Everyone but Fredrock and Corvus are up. If anyone is down any hit points from the last fight, let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=Special rules and objectives for this fight]Your objective, aside from staying alive, is to protect the 10 craftsmen. The Master Mason has already gotten away with the wagon. If you are adjacent to a craftsman that is hit, you can, as a free action take the attack, taking the damage for the hit.

As a minor action, you can move one craftsman 5 squares. If you can get them off the map without them going into the river, they are safe. If you want to end your movement in the same square as a craftsman, you can shift them 1 square as a free action.

If you are desperate, you can instead, as a free action, make an adjacent craftsmen take a hit that was intended for you. You take no damage from the attack, instead the craftsmen dies.

Remember also that Rerisen stay dead if reduced to 0 hp by a critical hit or radiant damage, otherwise there's a chance they'll get up again. Also, don't forget you can coup-de-grace them while they are "dead" to keep them down for good.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Livia:
Yimanyngurr:
Eithal:
Corvus:
Kaz:
Fedrock:

Craftsmen: Minion, AC 14, Fort 12, Ref 12, Will 12

Rerisen Raven Swarm 1: 10 squares up
Rerisen Raven Swarm 2: 10 squares up
Rerisen Raven Swarm: 34 max hp, AC 16, Reflex 14, Swarm, Vulnerable 5 Burst/Blast, Winged Pestilence: Aura 1 - any creature that ends its turn in the aura takes 5 necrotic damage. MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage +1d4 necrotic damage.
Swarm: Swarms take 1/2 damage from ranged and melee attacks. They are vulnerable 5 to Burst and Blast attacks.

Rerisen Dead 1:
Rerisen Dead 2:
Rerisen Dead 3:
Rerisen Dead 4:
Rerisen Dead: Minion, AC 14, Ref 12. MBA: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.

Rerisen Archer 1:
Rerisen Archer 2:
Rerisen Archer 3:
Rerisen Archer 4:

Rerisen Hulk 1
:
Rerisen Hulk 2:
Rerisen Hulk: 36 max hp, AC 15, Will 12, Vulnerable 5 Radiant. MBA: +6 vs AC, 2d6+3 damage and push 2.

Rerisen Beast 1:
Rerisen Beast 2:[/sblock]

[sblock=Battlefield Information, Important!]Moving through the water requires DC 20 Athletics checks or the character is swept off the map and will be out of the combat for 1-2 rounds. If the check fails by 5 or more, the character loses a healing surge as the character is half-drowned and slammed into rocks.

If a square has any bridge showing on it, it is considered bridge, though if it has water on most of it, it is difficult terrain.

The rocky areas the archers are in are difficult terrain.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
snapshot
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=DM]I'm not seeing any coordinates on the battlemat (either here or at the website). Should we assume A0 is at the upper left-hand corner, or should we wait until coordinates are added to the map?[/sblock]

Cleverusername

First Post
[sblock=Battlefront Shift]
EIther Yimanyngurr or Kaz (that's Kaz, the anime guy with the katana right?) can shift half their speed if you want. Corvus is fine where he is, especially with that 2 init... [/sblock]

Remove ads