The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Cleverusername

First Post
As the caravan moves, Corvus agrees to take a forward position, he does chuckle a bit as people recoil from his appearance, even appearing more menacing when the locals attempt to peddle their wares to the group.

Corvus keeps his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary, although his senses have somewhat dulled since he last saw war in the Jade Empire. The warlord will converse with any other forward scouts, leaning on them to actually spot the danger, at his age Corvus trusted their reactions, but he knew that if someone attacked this caravan they'd certainly be surprised.

He contented himself with thoughts of Lilander and was already counting the hours until he could return to the warm blankets of their bed.

[sblock=ooc]
Do I need to make an intimidate check? If so I have 1d20+8 roll. Oh...that's a question...how do you roll dice in PbP? Does the DM do it or do you have us roll and trust out results?

When it comes to combat, you say a Mal's rules? Is that like a third party product? Do you have a link? Same questions for the Stalker0's Obsidian style?

Oh, BTW I have Battlefront shift so at the start of combat someone can shift 1/2 their speed when we roll initiative. That should help :)

Sorry for the rookie questions, I'm sure it's all old hat for you guys :blush: [/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock doesn't stay in one place in the caravan, rather moves about checking different things and people out thru the day, stopping to inquire about something here, or inspecting something there. Always ready to jump in if trouble presents itself, but he knows well that trouble often comes from unexpected directions.

[sblock=ooc, rolls]
does it take a while at Invisible Castle for you log in to work? I can get there, even register, but I can't sign in..(even can reset my password).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc, rolls]
does it take a while at Invisible Castle for you log in to work? I can get there, even register, but I can't sign in..(even can reset my password).
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc, rolls]
Check your email, you might need to click a confirmation link to get your account to work. (not sure if I was sent one or not when I registered).
[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Do I need to make an intimidate check? If so I have 1d20+8 roll. Oh...that's a question...how do you roll dice in PbP? Does the DM do it or do you have us roll and trust out results?

When it comes to combat, you say a Mal's rules? Is that like a third party product? Do you have a link? Same questions for the Stalker0's Obsidian style?

Oh, BTW I have Battlefront shift so at the start of combat someone can shift 1/2 their speed when we roll initiative. That should help :)

Sorry for the rookie questions, I'm sure it's all old hat for you guys :blush: [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
stalker0's skill challenge

I think these are the Mal's rules referenced.

Named after their inventor Mal Malenkirk

In a nutshell:

• Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
  • Players with higher init than bad guys go first
  • then all the bad guys go
  • Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
  • Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
  • Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
  • Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting.

[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
There doesn't seem to be much need for scouting, as the terrain is so open, and so Livia walks on one side of the wagon. She is surprisingly at home with the sexual banter, although her generally angry tone and wolfish scowl tend give pause to those who might otherwise direct their remarks specifically at her. "Just be patient," she snaps in mock-encouragement to a man who appears to be hopelessly mock-smitten with the genasi. "She's a master mason. I'm sure she's built up many solid and lasting erections."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The group travels the whole day largely uneventfully. That evening, Mason pulls the wagon off into a small wooded grove that will provide decent shelter. Looks like you won't need it though. It's a beautiful, clear night sky, thousands of stars out, crickets chirping, night-birds calling.

There's more jokes, stories, and banter over the dinner campfire before the craftsmen all head to bed, laying bedrolls out under the stars. Mason stays up a while longer, sharing a bottle of wine she brought with whoever wants some. Finally, she stands up, stretches, and looks around. "I'm heading off to bed. Good night ladies. Gentlemen, if any of you forgot a blanket or bedroll, head over to my tent right over there in the grove and I'll see what I can find for you."

She smiles and heads off to her tent, leaving the group alone by the fire.

[sblock=Rolls]Yeah, I prefer invisible castle. Some people seem to have problems logging in from work for some reason, maybe firewall/security reasons?[/sblock]

[sblock=H.M.Grimlord]I didn't see a summary or file or link from you, so I tracked down Eithal and built her in the CB. I noticed an error while I was doing so: You have Crushing Earthstrength listed as your 2nd feat in the math part down below, but Eithal only has 1 feat. I assumed it was Crushing Earth Strength. Also, you have a picture you prefer? I also noticed you don't have a background benefit (usually +2 to some skill) so you can still add that.[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=H.M.Grimlord]I didn't see a summary or file or link from you, so I tracked down Eithal and built her in the CB. I noticed an error while I was doing so: You have Crushing Earthstrength listed as your 2nd feat in the math part down below, but Eithal only has 1 feat. I assumed it was Crushing Earth Strength. Also, you have a picture you prefer? I also noticed you don't have a background benefit (usually +2 to some skill) so you can still add that.[/sblock]
[sblock=Eithal]Yeah. There are actually a lot more errors than that. She's still in transit. I lost her wiki CS in the move, and I've been rather negligent in finishing the repair. She's actually at Level 2 (she went through A Simple Dungeon Crawl with DotM and R1). She has both feats (SR and CES). Not only that, but I haven't posted the tracking for her XP yet and the ability scores in the CS summary aren't up to date (they are, however, in the math section). The +2 bonus would be to Nature, but I haven't worked out the background fluff for it yet. Sorry for the confusion. I'll get to this.[/sblock][sblock=Summary] Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 2
Initiative: +1
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 16; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 19; Fort: 17; Reflex: 11; Will: 13
HP: 42/42; Bloodied: 21; Surge Value: 10; Surges left: 12/12
Action Points: 1
Powers
Strength of Stone
Thorn Strike
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Grasping Winds
Strength of Stone
Relentless Panther Attack

Warden’s Tempest
Form of the Relentless Panther
Feats:
Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Gurk gave the mason a look that clearly showed he felt something was being kept from him. Still he decided that is was either political or business in nature and neither would try to rob them or eat them.

Gurk kept to one side, keeping his eyes open as far off into the distance as he could see. Arena combat wasn't about hiding. There usually wasn't any place to do so, and you were never very far away, so he wasn't sure that he would be able to spot the danger on the horizon. But this fact would be his secret.

The arena was no place for song or jokes so he mostly felt out of place around the campfire. Instead he chose to patrol the perimeter of the camp.

Gurk assumed that he would be asked to keep watch over these craftsmen during the night, so he waited patiently for someone to assign him a shift.

Remove ads