The Rerisen Tower(DM: Iron Sky, Judge: ScorpiusRisk)

Cleverusername

First Post
"This is quite the situation. Ok, so we'll need to establish a perimeter, appoint scouts, at least 2-man teams in case one of the sentries is compromised, and determine combat maneuvers if someone, or something attempts to assault the camp at night. Tactically, it's easily the best time as our eyesight, or some of ours, is at its weakest in the darkness, or dim light. I have some sunrods to use in case we need them, but that's it. I suggest that myself and Livia take either this first watch or the last watch as the light will be best then. We will need three watches in all liklihood, so perhaps one of the half-orcs watch with us, to provide some additional keen eyesight. Then the goliath and elf, and the dwarf and remaining half-orc as teams of two." Corvus says to the assembled party, he paces as he speaks clearly at ease in this situation as if he's done it many times before.

"So, in battle what is everyone's strengths? My own is to be nice and close to our enemies, I can direct our squad from the front lines. " he says.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so we have 2 ranged and 5 melee PC's right? I'm thinking that we could have almost two mini-groups in a fight, the defenders split up so you're not fighting over marks, and one striker go with each of them to provide some fire-power. Corvus can head to whereever the fighting is thickest and Livia & Yimayngurr can provide ranged support? [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Running a hand through his unkempt, curly hair, and scratching his head for a moment, Yimayngurr says, "If we're supposed to protect this mob, I reckon we better post a watch. I'll take first shift. Maybe you can take second, eh?," he asks Gurk, noting the other half-orc's eagerness.

Not waiting for a reply, Yimayngurr stands up from the fire and starts to walk toward the edges of the camp calling back, "G'night mates! G'night Eithal!"

At the edge of the light cast by the camp-fire, those with normal vision can just barely see the half-orc in silhouette. He unfastens his longspear and, using it as a prop, assumes a one-footed stance greatly reminiscent of a long-legged bird, resting his left foot on his right knee and standing perfectly still.

[sblock="Ninja'd by Cleverusername"]Posted at the same time. Yimayngurr will still volunteer for first watch though, but definitely wouldn't mind company.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
Fredrock nods in agreement with Corvus. "I've not been in any true battles yet, tho I have trained some. I guide my weapon with my mind more than with my strength. Best be getting some rest now, if I am to share in the 3rd watch." with that, Fredrock begins preparing his bedroll.

[sblock=ooc]New to playing a battlemind. Like defenders tho, so it shouldn't be that much of a challenge. Not the stickiest of defenders (at lest until/if updates change blurred step.), I should be able to suck up a lot of damage. My MBA's are not effective--at least until 2nd level, so don't target me with a power that grants a basic attack. [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
This one will follow the wise console of Master Corvus, for surely he has much experience in war. Kaz says politely, and settles down for the night until his turn is called for watch.

[sblock=avenger]
Avengers choose one target and go after it in melee. Kaz gets damage bonus when the opponent runs away. He also has powers that helps him shift to the enemy (encounter), and an at will that allows him to move the enemy around and another that gives him free shifts if the enemy moves away.

Avengers are also among the sturdiest of strikers with good hp.

Edit:
Avengers roll attack rolls twice for their oath targets (if no enemy is next to them), making them one of the best melee characters to take down high AC foes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Livia readily agrees to Corvus's suggestions.

[sblock=ooc]We should have one high-Perception person in each watch. The perceptive people are Kaz, Livia, and Yimayngurr, I believe.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The night remains cool and clear, largely uneventful but for the occasional rustle of a small animal climbing the trees or rustling in the bushes. The stars shine through the treetops, only the occasional rare scudding cloud passing before the crescent of the moon.

[sblock=Rule: Passive skill checks/"taking 10"]To require less trips to invisible castle, unless I call for a skill-check specifically, you may use your passive skill for any skill(i.e. "take 10"). For example, if I post an sblock with the title History 15, and you have a history skill of +8, your passive history would be 18 and you can read it. If I don't want you using passive checks, I'll put History 15(rolled) to let you know that you can't use passive on that check.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rule: Reading sblocks]If I post an sblock with a specific skill DC or to a specific character, please do not read it unless you meet the DC or are playing that character. If I address an sblock to a specific player feel free to read them. For example, an sblock titled Corvus would be to his character only, an sblock titled Cleverusername would be OOC and so anyone can read it.[/sblock]

[sblock=First Watch]Your watch goes from sunset until around midnight. [sblock=Perception 15(Darkvision), 18(Low Light), 20(Normal)]Near midnight, all the animals go quiet as a flock of several dozen ravens alights in the trees. They sit and watch the fire for several minutes in silence, eyes glinting in the firelight, then take off.

While they were in the trees, there was a faint foul smell, almost like rotting meat...[sblock=Nature 15]The only sound they made was the beat of their wings the whole time they were there. That was not natural behavior[/sblock][sblock=Insight 20]You almost got the impression they were analyzing the party, scouting...[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Second Watch]Your watch goes from midnight until around 3am. [sblock=Perception 15(Darkvision), 18(Low Light), 20(Normal)]A couple hours after midnight, you notice some eyes glinting red from the bushes as some creature watches you. When you look or move in its direction, it vanishes only to be spotted again on the other side of camp,

This happens several times, but just at the point where you are about to wake everyone, it stops and the rest of the watch is unexceptional.

While it was near the camp, there was a faint foul smell, almost like rotting meat...[sblock=Nature 15]Normal animals tend to avoid the fire and people whenever possible. Whatever this was, its behavior indicated it wasn't a normal animal.[/sblock][sblock=Insight 20]You almost got the impression it was analyzing the party, scouting...[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Third Watch]Your watch goes from around 3am until sunrise. [sblock=Perception 15(Darkvision), 18(Low Light), 20(Normal)]A little while before dawn, you see a tall black figure out of the corner of your eye, standing in the center of camp. When you look, it is gone.

This happens several times, but just at the point where you are about to wake everyone, the phenomenon stops and the rest of watch is unexceptional.

All that remains is a lingering sensation of menace and the prickle of goosebumps.[sblock=Arcana 20]Whatever it was, there is a faint and rapidly fading sense of corrupt magics in its wake...[/sblock][sblock=Insight 20]Though it seemed humanoid, there was something... dark, corrupt about it. Just being near it left a sense of loathing, a feeling of filth on your skin that makes you want to bathe...[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
"Nice night, eh?," Yimayngurr declares on waking up the next morning, having apparently slept his off shift time on the hard ground nearest the campfire, "Except for those smelly crows. Just sat there in that tree, watching me like. Not making any sound. Not natural, for true. Gave me the willies. Tried ta shoo em off with me spear. Bangin' it up against the tree," he says, miming a two-handed swing of the haft of his spear into a tree trunk. "Nasty blighters. Bawamirri. Like, maybe crazy. Wouldn't leave me'n Eithal alone."

[sblock=passive skills]Take 10 Perception (18), Nature (19). Yimayngurr has low-light vision.[/sblock]

Remove ads