• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Retaking of Forgehold - 4E

Vargo

First Post
OOC: Was thinking that there might be stairs or something through the door. And in order for someone 10' up to flank, he'd have to jump down first.

Atanatotatos

First Post
OOC: well vargo you're last in initiative order if i remember right... if that's your intended action you have time to change it along the events...i too don't think it's a good idea

Shalimar

First Post
Vargo said:
OOC: Was thinking that there might be stairs or something through the door. And in order for someone 10' up to flank, he'd have to jump down first.

OOC: The Kobolds can jump as part of a move action allowing them to flank and attack you at E10 and G10, and the Slingers have melee weapons as well.

SarahRequiem

First Post
Angel, 30/30hp.

Angel Aims another bolt of eldritch magic at the bloodied Kobold slinger. The bolt flies through the room, but Angle is distracted for a second by Telsayn's weird battle stratgey and the blast misses the kobold by barely an inch.

[sblock]Eldritch Blast (1d20 4=13, 1d10 4=13, 1d6=6)[/sblock]

"Damn it... Stop acting like a novice Telly, you're better than that!" curses Angel.

She then moves 4 squares to the right (shadowwalk activates, +2 to defences) and curses the Kobold Slinger on H11.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=Enemy Stats](AC/F/R/W) Slinger(13,12,14,12) --
Kobold(15,11,13,11)[/sblock]
Mira's fingers dart once more to her pouch and a glint of light later a Shuriken is buried in the chest of the injured slinger.

Arden aims a magical dart at the injured slinger but misses him by far. He grits his teeth and with a gesture sends forth the sunrod, magically suspended in the air.

Aelek throws a hammer at the wounded slinger. (1d20 4=17, 1d8 2=3) You hear a sickening crunch as the hammer strikes the slinger in the face. It falls forward off the platform. A streak of dark energy flies to Angel.

Angel aims another bolt of eldritch magic at the bloodied Kobold slinger. The bolt flies through the room, but Angel is distracted for a second by Telsayn's weird battle strategy and the blast misses the kobold by barely an inch.

-''GLUE! AGAIN! ******* GLUE! AAARHGG!''

Mal furiously throws his axe at the slinger that perfidously glued him. (1d20+7=9, 1d6+4=9)

He misses widely which only enrage him more.

Mal struggles to get free from the glue. (1d20=8)

-''*&*%*&'' **

The two kobolds hurling the skull send it back out into the room. (1d20 8=9, 1d8 2=6, 1d20 8=24, 1d8 2=10) Seing Mal's predicament, they aim at Mal. He easily dodges the first pass, but the second slams into him, sending him back a few feet, nearly tripping as he is pushed back past Mira. Fortuitously, you are free of the glue. You hear a draconic exclamation and the kobolds skitter out of sight via the stairs on their platforms.

The slinger, seeing Mira exposed, hurls a glue shot at her. (1d20 6=16, 1d6 3=7)
She is now stuck in place. This kobold also drops out of sight.

Initiative Order:
Mira<----Narrative begins here.
Arden
Aelek*
Angel
Telsayn
Mal
Kobold Slinger
Kobolds<----Narrative ends here.

Mira<---- Current initiative
Arden
Aelek
Angel
Telsayn
Mal

Battle Summary:
Mira - 17/24 hp, immobilized;
Arden - 24/24 hp;
Aelek - 25/25 hp;
Angel - 30/30 hp, 1 thp;
Telsayn - 24/29 hp;
Mal
Slinger 1 - Uninjured
Slinger 2 - DEAD
Slinger 3 - DEAD
Kobold 1 - Uninjured
Kobold 2 - Uninjured
Kobold 3 - Uninjured
Kobold 4 - Uninjured

* I gave Aelek a set of actions as Everyone else had posted and I won't be able to post later today. If you object. I will edit this post.
** I'm already think about vastly modifying the remaining encounters to either get rid of the slinger glue dependency and toughen them up a bit.
2599889299_b29b705e60_o_d.png

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I was a bit too slow, but it was exactly what I wanted to do, except I would have move a bit foward to end in short range. So assume I end in C6

Hehe, two times the minimum damage, but two times, I finish the slinger. Nice.

Remove ads