The Retaking of Forgehold OOC-4E (Full)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Shalimar said:
I would be up for A or C. C could actually be done on our way to Forgehold, maybe guarding a caravan on its way to Forgehold or something.

Seconded. Testing a bit the new rule system early on might be a good idea, too.

Redclaw

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
I had to retry a few time to get my natural 1.

Which of course brings up the fact that you can retry...

How does this work in practice; the DM makes all the roll?
Just lurking here, but I thought I'd answer this. Clicking on the 'link to character' button will take you to all rolls made by that character in the recent past, in this case it's here , and thus the DM can see if you're rerolling.

Vargo

First Post
A mix of A and C sounds good to me as well. I ran a PBEM myself for a while back when 3.0 came out, but it fizzled out after a couple of years(!) so I'm a little out of practice myself. :p

The one thing that I keep thinking of when I see the title is "The Taking of Pelham 123".

Atanatotatos

First Post
I know I'm being really banal, but I can't help thinking about Moria about the inspiration for forgehold... I mean... "There's something dark " ;)

As a side note, I have very little experience with play by post, too.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Redclaw said:
Just lurking here, but I thought I'd answer this. Clicking on the 'link to character' button will take you to all rolls made by that character in the recent past, in this case it's here , and thus the DM can see if you're rerolling.

Fantastic, thanks!

Gene : Definetely C.

I want goons with daggers, short sword and handaxes, damn it! ;)

Shalimar

First Post
Mal, I'm giving you 23 gold coins to put toward equipment. I've subtracted it from Mira's left over cash (she has 20 gold left after this)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
Fantastic, thanks!

Gene : Definetely C.

I want goons with daggers, short sword and handaxes, damn it! ;)

Yeah I want to see what it feels like to thunderwave a bunch of minions away too. And then putting the boss asleep so the big guys can coup de grace -grin -
All after having figured out their deepest fear with a +9 knowlede chek :cool:

SarahRequiem

First Post
played a bit of 3.5 with my friends tonight. 1st level, we got owned badly
I played angel, human warlock. and we had an elven rogue and an half orc fighter. we pretty much got owned by 3 dire rat. fighter dropped to -2, rogue to 3, and me to 2hp

that was hilarious and pathetic

Velmont

First Post
I would go with option C then A.

For casting for my character... hmmm, good question. I'll think about it and come back later with an answer. I'm just too tired actually to think about it.

Remove ads