• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Return of Sword & Sorcery Cinema?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Hey, I LOVE Famke. And I've been following her ever since Xenia Onatopp, best believe. But she does have a big square jaw, AND she's completely flat-chested, so I think yeah, she could play a fey scrawny pretty-boy manling.

But YES, Tilda Swinton (Gabriel, also played the White Witch in Narnia) might be perfect. She actually played a man (sort of) in Orlando. Though she's getting a little old.

What about Viggo? He's pretty rangy. Not very pretty, though. But he was really creepy in The Prophecy as Lucifer.

Klaus

First Post
Nah, Viggo has a strong jaw and a more manly way about him, reminiscent of prettier-in-a-manly-way Josh Holloway (Sawyer in Lost).

And I never doubt your keen eye for the ladies, mate! ;)

frankthedm

First Post
Hollywood males deserve to starve for a few roles. It is only fair...

All I want, regardless of actor, is that they get about as close as the recent Time Machine got with the Uber Morlock.

horacethegrey

First Post
frankthedm said:
Hollywood males deserve to starve for a few roles. It is only fair...

All I want, regardless of actor, is that they get about as close as the recent Time Machine got with the Uber Morlock.

That's Jeremy Irons BTW, for those not in the know.

But back on topic. For Elric, hmm... Why not Paul Bettany? I mean, he's already played an albino. :p Seriously though, he's the favorite of many at the forums on Moorcock's website.

James Heard

Explorer
Bettany's not a bad idea, and he's already had some leading man stuff. I guess it depends on if he could do angry and tortured I guess, and swordplay? I admit, most of what I remember of him from anywhere is from Wimbledon. On the other hand, asking a dude to play an albino twice might be killing his career entirely.

Ranger REG

Explorer
James Heard said:
I admit, most of what I remember of him from anywhere is from Wimbledon. On the other hand, asking a dude to play an albino twice might be killing his career entirely.
Unless the script is too good to pass up.

BTW, he's also in The Knight's Tale (bard/herald/announcer) and Master and Commander (He's ship physician Maturin to Russell Crowe's captain Aubrey). He played opposite Harrison Ford in Firewall.

As a footnote: he's married to Jennifer Conelly (Labyrinth, Rocketeer, House of Sand and Fog).

Klaus

First Post
Jennifer Connelly is *never* a footnote! That's the highlight of his career!

:D

I quite liked Bettany in Knight's Tale (yeah, I like that movie).

barsoomcore said:
Hey, I LOVE Famke. And I've been following her ever since Xenia Onatopp, best believe. But she does have a big square jaw, AND she's completely flat-chested, so I think yeah, she could play a fey scrawny pretty-boy manling.

But YES, Tilda Swinton (Gabriel, also played the White Witch in Narnia) might be perfect. She actually played a man (sort of) in Orlando. Though she's getting a little old.

What about Viggo? He's pretty rangy. Not very pretty, though. But he was really creepy in The Prophecy as Lucifer.

the idea of a woman playing Elric is intriguing. i suppose the FX team could toggle the voice through some effects...

Remove ads