The Return of Volo; Plus An Official D&D Coloring Book

A couple of new non-rules Dungeons & Dragons books are being released later this year. A Monsters & Heroes of the Realms Colouring Book, and a book from Forgotten Realms travel guide Volo in a book called Dungeonology. The former is expected in September, and the latter in November. They've being produced by Kings Road Publishing, who have signed a global deal with Hasbro UK and WotC (this the GBP prices below). (thanks to Mike for the scoop).

A couple of new non-rules Dungeons & Dragons books are being released later this year. A Monsters & Heroes of the Realms Colouring Book, and a book from Forgotten Realms travel guide Volo in a book called Dungeonology. The former is expected in September, and the latter in November. They've being produced by Kings Road Publishing, who have signed a global deal with Hasbro UK and WotC (this the GBP prices below). (thanks to Mike for the scoop).

Monsters & Heroes of the Realms: A Dungeons & Dragons Colouring Book.
Paperback; £9.99; September 2016. "A treasure trove of illustrations summoned from the pages of the official rulebooks – including the many classes, races and monsters from the Forgotten Realms. Studio Game will also be offering D&D fans a "unique" digital experience, in a free-to-download colouring app with in-app purchasing."

Dungeonology. Hardback; £19.99; November 2016. "Introducing the fantasy brand, Dungeons & Dragons to Kings Road Publishing’s Ology series, as the Forgotten Realms guide, Volo, takes fans on an "unforgettable" journey".

The colouring book also comes with a mobile app which will be available when the book itself is released.

The character Volothamp Geddarm (Volo) is a traveller of the Realms, who publishes a range of "guidebooks".

99716999-8.jpg

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
The last time that WotC did "anything they want" with the Realms they ended up retconing it all away again with the help of Greenwood and Salvatore.

Dire Bare

Legend
Ed is contributing and never-seen-before lore will be revealed

I'm close to the team making this and my comments last week are correct, you can look forward to a great book

Welcome to ENWORLD, but could we have some substantiation to this bold statement!

While I am looking forward to a great book, but I think Flashheart's comment still stands.

You could be everything you claim to be, but without some sort of verification, how are we to know? It's not really all that big of a deal, the book will come out when it comes out and it will be as great as it is great regardless of our conversation on this forum.

Greenwood being involved is likely, the book containing some new realmslore is likely, and based on the quality of the existing "ology" books, the book being of high quality is also pretty likely. I'm looking forward to seeing some previews/reviews as we get closer to publication!

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
The last time that WotC did "anything they want" with the Realms they ended up retconing it all away again with the help of Greenwood and Salvatore.
Good point.

Regardless of the extent of WotC's legal claim to the Realms, they are first and foremost in a position of stewardship over the setting.

They have a responsibility to ethically manage the IP, and that responsibility takes precedence over whatever sales and profit goals WotC, or its parent company Hasbro, sets.

Remove ads

Remove ads