The Return (The Heros of Mergovie)

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human servant of Hieroneous.

DarkMaster said:
"I don't need to go back, I know what happened there. All we will find are dead bodies. Those who commit these crimes are now within the walls of this city. But if you wish to go there, I will go with you. I know the area very well and should help you in your investigation."

Xavier fears as much, and acknowledges so to Karn. But Pruman remains the epicenter of things, and Xavier feels they should investigate it. But he takes care to ensure Karn feels under no obligation to go if he does not wish to.

Xavier straps on the last of his gear and, with Karn if he wishes to come, heads for the door.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

After preparing his spells, Jasper heads downstairs with the others. He looks a little nervous in the common room, and almost as eager to leave as Solomon, but he doesn't say anything about it. He simply finds a couple decent looking apples and starts eating one as he waits near the door.

silentspace

First Post
DarkMaster said:
As Oculus approaches the two elven lady, they stop talking and slowly raises their eyes on him. They seems quite annoyed by the human interruption. (diplomacy 9+5) Even Oculus best smiles and friendly attitude doesn't seems to improves their mood.

(knowledge local 8+8) Oculus notices a brooch on the cloack of the two ladies. The silver moon of the Elven wizard guild. And old and once powerfull magic organisation based in the western forest of the country. The organisation used to be extremely well respected for their magical discovery and knowledge. But their influence in the region slowly decreased as the elves were losing ground to the humans.

The two elven lady politely but visibely not interested simply answer "Far from exceptional"

They then quickly and politely smiles at him and continue their conversation.

Undeterred, Oculus continues "Well yes, of course, this city food is nothing like Elven cuisine! The Elven fare in the western forests, why that is legendary! Of course, it's said that the forest was enchanted by the Elven wizard guild there."

Oculus pulls up a seat and sits down.

"I can only fantasize about what the food there must be like. Not to mention the wizard guild itself! You know, they say that wizards and sorcerers are very different. Most people think they are pretty much the same, but if you study such things as I have, I'm hoping to be a sage one day, you see, you learn that they are as different as apples and oranges. While wizards study to gain their magic, sorcerers seem to get it from another source. Some think it is an innate natural talent. Others say the ability is granted by an evil witch goddess."

"Silly, isn't it? These old legends. So, what brings you ladies here?"

DarkMaster

First Post
Noticing Solomon anxiousness, Jraq and Trolm quickly grab a few fruits and quickly prepare some bread with jelly. They quickly head in his direction and starts eating waiting for the other. The other people in the room don't seems to be paying attention to them anymore and continue what they were doing before the group appeared in the room.

The two elven wizards stays surprised as Oculus starts to talk about the elven forest and the wizards guild. (Diplomacy 13+5+4circumstancial) His knowledge of magic and the elves seems to have gotten their attention. They both look at him as he sits down to their table, initially slightly shocked by the human direct approach but as Oculus continue to visibely relax and listen to him. When he finally end with a question, they both smiles at him. The smallest of the two lady answers back looking at Oculus very seriously. "Indeed the food in our country is excellent. You seem to know a lot about magic for a human. The differences between those with magic in their veins and those who trully understand it is very important. I guess you are on the good path to become a sage. As for witches I don't beleive in them since I am 40 years old. She looks at her friend and starts to laugh in a very provocative and ironic fashion. They both let Oculus feel that he is an inferior being and that he is lucky that they accepted to even answer him.

"As for the reason of our presence here, we are WIZARD student"She answers insisting on the word wizard, obviously hopping to impress him and make him feel inferior. "We are pupils of the Grand wizard himself She finishes looking at him with a look filled with pride.

Oculus strongly doubts that they are saying the thruth the Grand Wizard never teach to young inexperienced wizards.

-----

As Xavier heads towards the door, Karn follows him without a sound. The two men are greeted by the dwarven captain who smiles as the two men appears all equiped in the door.

"Follow me Sir the commander is waiting for you to leave for Prumen.

Xavier can hear a subtile sight coming from Karn behind him as the captain mention Prumen.

silentspace

First Post
"WIZARD students!" Oculus says, clearly impressed. "That is wonderful! I would love to chat with the two of you more sometime, I'm sure you can tell me much more about wizardry than I've been able to learn from my dusty old books! This is wonderful! Two actual elven WIZARDs! What are your names and where are you staying? I don't have time now, but I hope we will meet again soon, hopefully over a more suitable meal!" Oculus winks at the smaller lady. While eating, he tries to catch the reactions of the other guests to their conversation.

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human servant of Hieroneous.

Xavier greets the captain as is appropriate for one of his position.

Xavier walks in silence. He can think of nothing to say that would help Karn right now, so leaves the man to his thoughts.

When they get to the stables, Xavier checks over Sanfanedial's gear, making sure everything is in order. If he gets the chance, he will add a greatsword to his gear, adding it to a saddle sheath. While not as capable with it as he is with the longsword, he still remembers the fear it brewed in his guts when he faced Gror. If he gets the chance, Xavier decides to visit his friend the merchant and see about purchasing one.

DarkMaster

First Post
The two ladies seems very proud that Oculus recognised their importance. When asked where they stay they seems sligthly ashamed. "It was late yesterday night and we had drink a little so we stopped here for the night. Usually you can find us in the library that's where we spend most of our time learning MAGIC"

They don't seem interested in other things then themselves and don't even dare ask when Oculus mention that he is in a hurry.

As he stands up and go join his compagnion he doesn't notice that any of the people around, looked or listen at his little conversation with the two elven wizard.

Trolm and Jraq are waiting with the other impatient to leave.

----

When Xavier inquires about a greatsword (OOC BTW Gror has a double sword) the captain tells him to wait a second and dissapears for a few minutes. Xavier sees him reappear in the shadow of the stable as he finishes preparing his horse.

"Here Sir Xavier, one of the best we have in our Garrison." Xavier has seen quite a few weapon before and can quickly notice the grey steel of the blade. The steel of the dwarf, said to be stronger than rock.

"We haven't had time to enchant it but it should help you, just make sure to bring it back" He finishes with a forced smile.

Xavier finishes to prepare his horse and follow the captain in the main garden of the castle. He notices about 60 mounted soldier preparing their equipment. Karn behind Xavier mounted on his horse looks at the scene with pride. The Commander is in the middle of the group discussing with what seems to be lower officer.

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Hieroneous.

Xavier considers the sword for a moment, turning it in his hands and feeling the heft and weight.

"This is indeed a fine sword and I am honoured that you have chosen to offer it to me. But we ride into battle and I can only promise to do my best to return it. Today I ride out as a simple Servant of Hieroneous, and don't need such a fine weapon. If you would feel more comfortable, I would be perfectly happy with a regular blade."

Xavier takes the sword if the Captain insists, but returns it if he feels the the Captain would be happier not putting it at risk. Xavier takes care to ensure that the Captain is does not feel slighted in any way.

Once sorted, Xavier mounts up and follows the Captain through to the mustering yard. The scene is impressive, but Xavier wonders if they plan to take only mounted troops. While good on an open battlefield, they have their limitations. For the moment, Xavier remains out of the Commanders way until she calls him over.

ooc: are the troops heavy cavalry, or lighter mounted troops capable of fighting on foot as well?

Remove ads