• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Return (The Heros of Mergovie)

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

"I'm going in." Solomon says softly. He takes his new dwarven waraxe from Jraq. Bring my armor down with you and I'll change in the sewer. I'll shout up for you to follow as soon as I see what's down there."

Solomon then lowers himself in.

doghead

thotd
DarkMaster said:
OOC for time consistency I will slow down your part Doghead.

ooc: That works for me. I'm going to be inconsistant in my posting for a while anyways. Good luck guys. Watch out for halflings.

DarkMaster

First Post
Solomon slowly goes down the metal ladder (pieces of metal stuck in the rock). As he reaches the bottom, the light from outside isn't that contrasting allowing him to use his dark vision. He notices on the floor the track left by Uder when he last saw him. A carefull inspection (roll 19+7) of the floor and the walls reveals that nobody else used this path since Uder last took it. The sewer is on the north/south axis, with no visible turn on either sides. The water at his feet his flowing towards the north. The dirty and foul smelling water is slowly making his way to the northern cliff down to the King rivers probably a few hundred feet from his position. Uder's track are heading south.

Jraq and Trolm slowly lowers the half-orc equipment down the sewer. They wrap it up and put a rope around it. The dwarven war axe while magical doesn't shed any light (dwarf usually don't need it.)

Verbatim

Explorer
While Jath knew that he should hurry, but the day seemed to peaceful of one to rush through.

~Especially when I am not truly certain of what I am riding into...~

Taking an extra few minutes to get ready, mainly due to his making hot tea for his breakfast, Jath finally cleared his camp and mounted up for the ride ahead.

~Let us see what awaits us...~

OOC: [sblock]Sorry for the absence all, but it was something I could not help.[/sblock]

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC Waiting for Manzanita to continue the temple part.

-----

Jath finishes his breafeast enjoying the beautifull spring sunrise over the forest. After travelling for most of the morning on the main road to Prumen. Around Noon as he starts approaching the area where the temple is supposed to be located he notices smokes coming out of the forest. Probably some campers making what seems to be a fairly large bonfire.

OOC Verbatim did you had a level to Jath?

----

Xavier continues his walk along the Half-orc commander. Karn and her aren't much of the social type. Both seems to prefer riding in silence concentrating on their surroundings. Most of the soldiers on the other hand seems quite relaxed and are having casual conversation. The sun is slowly rising over the Mergovian forest. The ride to Mergovie is uneventfull until noon. The group quickly stops to eat. An hour later everybody is back on their horse and riding. As the sun starts going down on the forest Xavier notices something moving further down the road. The commander and I probably noticed the movement at the same time as she immediatly orders the group to stop.

Verbatim

Explorer
~Time to meet the neighbors...~

Brushing himself off as he approached the plume of smoke, Jath fixed his hat and loosened the straps of his rapier. While he did not expect trouble, especially if they were going to build a fire to mark their presence, he did not want to be caught totally unprepared.

Increasing his pace slightly, Jath pressed forward to reach Prumen.

OOC: I think so..I will double check now.

DarkMaster

First Post
OOC note that the smoke is coming from where the temple is supposed to be located.

Jath press forward for about 15 minutes when (spot 20+6 vs xxx+4 for being large) he notices two humanoid form about 60` away. They seems to be unaware of his presence the surrounding trees and bushes makes it difficult to spot people on long distances. The two humanoid seems heavily armored but rather small in size. Their helmet prevents him from identifying what type of humanoid these two guards are. On their shield he notices what seems to be symbols he doesn't recognises.

The two armored guards seems to be on a patrol, looking in all direction. Jath estimates that it shouldn't be long before they spot him and his horse.

doghead

thotd
DarkMaster said:
Xavier continues his walk along the Half-orc commander. Karn and her aren't much of the social type. Both seems to prefer riding in silence concentrating on their surroundings. Most of the soldiers on the other hand seems quite relaxed and are having casual conversation. The sun is slowly rising over the Mergovian forest. The ride to Mergovie is uneventfull until noon. The group quickly stops to eat. An hour later everybody is back on their horse and riding. As the sun starts going down on the forest Xavier notices something moving further down the road. The commander and I probably noticed the movement at the same time as she immediatly orders the group to stop.

Xavier, noticing that the commander has noticed the movement herself, stays quiet. But he lets his hand hang near the pommel of his sword and keeps his eyes and ears open. He says a quick prayer to Hieroneous, and opens his senses to the taint of evil.

"We have company Karn," he says quietly. Xavier indicates the direction with a nod of his head.

Verbatim

Explorer
While his first impulse is to dismount his horse and survey the guards from the cover of the woods, Jath forces himself to fight back the unwarranted paranoia and simply dismounts. Holding the reins loosely in one hand, while still be able to draw his blade should he truly need to, Jath walks up the path towards the guards.

"Hello, is this the path to reach Pruman?"

Remove ads