The ripping of character sheets

sniffles

First Post
I'd find it a little offensive if the GM ripped up a sheet I had made myself, unless we agreed in advance this was how character death would be handled. I keep my old sheets for posterity, and on occasion I've even had a GM ask to use one of them as an NPC in another game, so ripping up a sheet would not be my preference. It seems rather immature to me. It also seems to emphasize an adversarial GM/player relationship, since the reason I would assume a GM would tear up a sheet would be to prevent the player from reusing it.

Ripping up someone else's character sheet? Hell no!

I have most of my dead PCs stored for nostalgia's sake. Except for the paladin. Lost that poor guy's sheet in a move, I think.

When we were younger, there was a player that would rip up his character sheet when he got mad or his character was close to death. Once he tried to rip someone else's sheet up. That was when he was ejected from the gaming group.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
The players get to do whatever they want with their deceased PC's sheets. And if anyone ever tried to take my sheet and rip it, that DM would have a large shoe buried deep in a nether region.

Dracorat

First Post
The ripping of character sheets is the adding of insult to injury.

The next time my DM asked me to hand him my sheet so he could rip it up, my response would be F--- you.

In the campaigns I run, if a player elects to have his character be permanently dead, or chooses it knowing full well that was the consequence, then the townsfolk start singing praises and ballads about his deeds. I still have a copy of all of the character sheets from every player who has ever played in any of my campaigns.

I have them all in a book. The players still have their originals.

Kwitchit

First Post
As a DM I would only do it if someone brought Pun-Pun or something similar (Hulking Hurler, King of Smack, etc.) into one of my games. However, I do use something I learnt from WFRP- if a PC disappears rather than dying visibly, take the character sheet. Tuck it gently into your DMG or the adventure module. Wait a few months, then bring them back as a villain...

Crothian

First Post
I would never do it, but if it was done to me I wouldn't care. The character sheet is not the character. I can always recopy, reprint it out. Heck, I could even tape the darn thing back together even if it was used in a shredder. :D

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Ripping character sheets is not a good idea, without previous permission (as Henry mentioned, if it was agreed upon before play). I keep all of my old character sheets, from every system.

Remove ads