• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The RMU - Avengers Assemble!

jkason

First Post
Kai "Power" Pak

"Whether it's real or not, someone thought it worth stealing, obviously," Pak offers up. "If it's got the power the myths say or not, it's clear someone's planning to try to tap it, one way or another.

"If it does have the kind of power we're talking about, though, shouldn't there be a way to, I don't know, scry on it? Shouldn't it be ... disrupting the natural hoo-joo or whatever?"

Shayuri

First Post
Valeria made a 'time out' gesture with one hand atop the other, perpendicular.

"Okay, hang on...we're shooting off on tangents and not giving our witness time to get a word in edgewise."

She gave Max a nod. "Sorry about that, I know it's a lot to process, but we need a bit more information about this hammer..what it is, what it can do...that sort of thing."

Insight

Adventurer
"True," Avatar says. "The bickering about whether it's real or not is beside the point. Someone wanted this thing. The real issue here is how to find it. I'm sure some mystical option exists to find it. My own abilities, sadly, are quite insufficient for these purposes. Maybe Mandy has a ring for it. He's got a ring for everything else."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I can try using the arcane arts, however the magical rings of Fang Yim do not possess such scrying power." Declares Mandarin.

OOC: Not sure if having Magic would allow him to use some extra effort to gain an alternate power or something to locate the hammer.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Accessing wireless dataport.
Searching for wireless datafeeds...

OOC: I really need sense radio. I'm imagining what she's doing is sort of like blindly changing channels on a TV without having any indication of what channel you are watching and hoping that you would see yourself.

Velmont

First Post
After waiting a long time, and processing the information presented, Avatar speaks. "This makes no sense. I'll admit that I'm no expert on Norse mythology, but my understanding is that none but the purest of heart and morals can even LIFT Mjolnir. I'm sorry, mister, but I just don't buy that you had possession of the actual Mjolnir and I don't see how it could be stolen from you."

"You assume that those legend were all truth. Maybe the Norse Pantheon was only supers. Assuming anyone owning the hammer can take advantage of it, we need to find how they could enter that place...

Would the X-Men could have done it. After all, I think they are establish not so far and I think they have someone who can move through wall and floor."
suggest Gambit.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Delta glanced at Gambit and replied in a mechanical, robotic manner. "Regardless of group affiliation, numerous mutants exist with the ability to by-pass various means of security that our host may utilize. Unless the crime occurred within the last hour, the existence of a residual mutant power signature may be virtually undetectable by this unit's scanners."

Last edited:

"Well, the reason you're here is because I don't have the hammer, nor the means to track it, I'm afraid. My friend brought the artifact to me in a duffel bag, which he took back with him when he left. I kept the object under my bed, and now it's gone."

Max looks over at Gambit when he mentions the X-Men.

"I don't think the X-Men would have taken it. You see, their leader and I have something of an...understanding."

"As for what the hammer can actually do, my friend told me it allowed him to fly, it gave him incredible strength, and he could create massive shockwaves. It was enough power to scare him away from it forever, I think. As for the actual Thor, who knows? I've never met the man."

Max wanders off, scratching his head absentmindedly.

"But where did the cat go?"

jkason

First Post
Kai "Power" Pak

"Under the bed?" he says, slightly amused by Max's sense of security. "um ... would you mind terribly if we looked at where it was?"

"Not at all," replies Max absentmindedly, gesturing over his shoulder. "My bedroom is back there. Please don't mess anything up."

In the bedroom, you find no trace of the hammer. The room is well-kept, and decorated in the same chromed, post-modern style of the rest of the apartment. On a spartan desk is a photograph framed in silver, depicting a significantly younger Max standing next to a handsome man whom the studious would recognize as a young Charles Xavier. A filing cabinet sits next to the desk, as well as a thick rolodex and a full bookshelf, including copies of various works by Charles Xavier, Henry McCoy, and numerous others.

Remove ads