• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Scattered Ones

Amaryllis

First Post
Morbidity said:
How long are you resting for? I'll assume you're setting guards and will randomly choose watches unless a person specifies that they want to watch at a certain time.

Just long enough to get spells back! Happy for random watches. :eek:

dorin

First Post
As soon as we are rested Seebor heads down the staircase, checking for traps as he goes. He asks someone to hold a light and follow him.

Morbidity

First Post
If only things were that simple.

You set out from IronForge this morning at about 8. It was a half a day's journey to the Durzh's tower, so you arrived there around midday. Since then you've clambered over the pittrap, fought off some were-rats, gone upstairs and had a bit of a look around and had everything up there burnt to a crisp, gone downstairs and had a look around, fought and killed an earth-elemental, and now had a look around the storage area. All this I think would have taken you maybe 2 hours. So it's about 2pm. You can rest up for 10 hours with 4 watches of 2.5 hours each and you'll basically have had your 8 hours sleep each to regain spells etc. This will take you through to midnight. If Namfoodle prays at dawn he will not have his spells back though. Namfoodle what time of day do you pray?

I'm randomly deciding that watches will be in alphabetical order (Amaryllis, Namfoodle, Seebor, Tomas), which has the advantage of putting Namfoodle at sunset if that's when he prays.

Not that any of this matters because .... (blame the die not the DM!) Amaryllis wearily sits through her watch tired although it is only mid-afternoon from the excitement of the day when she suddenly hears the footsteps of what seems like 2 people coming up the stairs.

dorin

First Post
Seebor hides as near to the stairs as he can with both of his weapons drawn. He motions to the others to go to the other side of the room and keep out of sight (if he can).

[OOC Hide 14 + 11 = 25].

He waits to see what comes down the stair well.

Morbidity

First Post
Once again if only it were that simple. Initiative please. Amaryllis how are you waking people up? Yelling or kicking them individually what? Waking each person individually will be a full round action and let me know in what order you are waking them. For them to stand up is a move-equivalent action. If you yell, can everyone make a listen check. You estimate that you have about 6 seconds before they appear.

BTW: I'm assuming the lantern is in the middle of the room on the floor.

Remove ads