'The Scream' stolen from Museum

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And apparently the thieves were very careless in regards to the safety of the painting, wrecking the frames and tearing them off of the walls. One onlooker thought that it was an attempt to destroy the paintings. (A painting called 'Madonna' was also stolen.) The Oslo authorities have asked the thieves to take care of the paintings while they are in their possession.

The Auld GRump

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Krug said:
Well these are prized iconic artworks and they cannot be shared with the world anymore. That's all kinda sad.

To have become an icon, it must have been shared with a great many people. More than could have ever seen the original in person. It must therefore have been copied... and thus can still be shared.

Paragon Kobold said:
but we are basically dealing with an artifact item here, and you would have a hard time selling it.

I dunno about that. Heavens knows there's private collectors out there. Given the right connections, I expect finding a buyer would not be all that tough.

As for being against undisplayed private collections - who gets to decide which works are okay for private display? As a matter of practicality, we cannot have all original works hanging in publicly acessible museums.

jester47

First Post
Robbery is so out of style. If it had been a burlgary, now that wold have been classic!

10 Points for stealing such a high profile piece and getting away with it.
-11 points for gun point.

However, the thieves can get into the positive if they return it in a clever way (which I doubt because robbery is out of style).

A.

LightPhoenix

First Post
jester47 said:
Robbery is so out of style. If it had been a burlgary, now that wold have been classic!

10 Points for stealing such a high profile piece and getting away with it.
-11 points for gun point.

However, the thieves can get into the positive if they return it in a clever way (which I doubt because robbery is out of style).
I vote for marching in, at gunpoint, and demanding the paintings be taken back, then fleeing again. :p

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Easier to steal the Mona Lisa because while carried away under the arm of the thief it appears more content...

Remove ads