The Sea's Righteous Might

reddist

First Post
scout989 said:
After checking to make sure that his gear has been stowed, Jaleph wanders off to find Oswald.
Upon spotting him, Jaleph wanders over and offers up his hand (way up!). "Aye, hello there, lad! D'you know, My friend Harley over at the Mage's Guild has been giving me an earful about you over the last coupla days, since you've been back in town and all. I must say it's nice to meet so accomplished a mage, quite an honor for a simple enchanter like me. But tell me, are the stories true?"

Oswald's grip is firm but friendly, and he smiles down at you with bright, even teeth. "What, that bit about the drunk magisters and the wagon of dead toads? I had nothing to do with that! It was all him!" Oswald points a finger at Cyrus, leaning against the railing not too far from you. Cyrus shakes his head and rolls his eyes, dismissing Oswald's accusations with wave of his hand. Apparently this is a common arguement.

"Hey... Jaleph... didn't I see your name on a list of recent promotions? You passed your Second Cirlce a few months ago! Good work on that." Oswald gives you a pat on the back, and then starts looking over his tattoos. Finally finding the one he's looking for, he points it out to you. "This is the one I got for passing my Second Circle tests." He finger directs you to a dark blot of ink on his upper right arm, the iridescent blue ink seems to swirl and spin in the mid-morning sun. It seems to represent a wave, crashing down on itself.

"Harely, yeah I know him. He's one of the few who don't give me the eye when I stop in to pick up moonflower petals or chips of blue granite. Hard to find some of that stuff on the islands we stop at. Anyway, nice to meet you, Jaleph! Feel free to stop by for a drink sometime!"

Last edited:

reddist

First Post
Animus said:
Looking a little surprised at seeing Dorcas Oakenwald, Bran introduces himself with an appropriate flourish. "Greetings, Dorcas. I see that you'll be joining us," he says, a little amused that a woman that is so full of herself is coming along on a mission that is "beneath" her.

Dorcas narrows her eyes to glare at Bran, clearly trying to decide if he is being sarcastic or not. Finally she says "Bran Olvant. I must say I'm a little surprised to see you aboard this ship. This sort of expedition takes us a long way from civilization, you know. I've never known you to be more than a month in the field at a time. Sure you can handle being so far away from all your friends and comforts?"

reddist

First Post
scout989 said:
After spending a few moments talking with the ship's mage and seeing who they knew in common, Jaleph wanders back in the direction of the first mate.

"Hey there, Bryce. How long before we set sail? Y'see," Jaleph leans in a little closer and lowers his voice a bit, "I unaccountably forgot to lay in a supply of brandy for the trip. Do I have time to go and fix my little oversight?"

"Little man, we're sailors! You think we'd leave port without plenty o' rum and brandy? Go and see the quatermaster, or send Floater off ship. That's what he's for, takin' care o' the passengers." Bryce points out the wiry, lanky teenager who moved your luggage earlier. Floater is dressed in what might be Bryce's cast-off clothing. Everything hangs loosely on his bony frame, several sizes too large. "Just tell him want you want, and he should take care of it. If not, let me know, and I'll throw him over!" Bryce guffaws at this, slapping you hard enough on the back to make you stumble.

Last edited:

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

Jaleph laughs along, thinking how fun it will be to sail the wide ocean with the people he's met; they all seem to be good, fun-loving types of people.

He does, however, take Floater aside and ask him to slip off and pick up a few bottles of Burrfoot's Best Brandy. He hands over 50gp. Seeing the look that he gets for this, he sighs and says "Look, we're gonna be gone fer a long time, sonny. I don't want to get out to the middle o' nowhere and suddenly run out of 'provisions,' you get me?"

He then sets off to find Dorcas. Seeing her and Bran engaged in conversation, he decides to just watch them for a few moments before joining in.

Animus

Explorer
reddist said:
Dorcas narrows her eyes to glare at Bran, clearly trying to decide if he is being sarcastic or not. Finally she says "Bran Olvant. I must say I'm a little surprised to see you aboard this ship. This sort of expedition takes us a long way from civilization, you know. I've never known you to be more than a month in the field at a time. Sure you can handle being so far away from all your friends and comforts?"

"Then you don't know me, do you? Well, it seems we're stuck together for a while, so let's try go get along, eh?" Bran says, extending a hand to shake.

reddist

First Post
Animus said:
"Then you don't know me, do you? Well, it seems we're stuck together for a while, so let's try go get along, eh?" Bran says, extending a hand to shake.

Dorcas considers your outstretched hand for a moment before meeting your gaze with her own steady, cold glare. "Well, we'll see if you live up to your reputation. Just do your job, and I'll do mine. And try to keep that halfling sober." She brushes by your hand, refusing to take it, and storms out of kitchen.

The four other journeyman explorers under her command take her cue and gather up the maps, squeezing around you as they file out through the passage. They don't look quite as angry as Dorcas, and one even shrugs and smiles briefly, wiggling his fingers in a little wave as he leaves.

Last edited:

scout989

First Post
"Well, Bran, this ought to be an entertaining trip, don't you think?" Jaleph is quietly amused to see his shipmate's charm be rebuffed... though he has no desire to see how his own would fare.

Last edited:

Remove ads