• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Ah, well, and why not? The more the merrier, I say, and glad I am to have you with us, as you sound like an adventurer of no small experience. I be Jaleph Bigthumbs, though you can call me Jal." The halfling scoots his chair aside to make room.

reddist

First Post
A small cheer comes up from the Clam Shell regulars as Bran Olvant introduces himself. Mugs are raised in greetings and toasts as he makes his way through to the table of newly hired explorers.

Just as he is about to take his seat, a barmaid with green eyes and a touseled blonde ponytail marches up to Bran with a glass of wine. She throws the wine in his face, hauls back and gives him a solid slap across his left cheek. "Three months, Bran! Three months and not a word! Just where have you been?!" The crowd roars with laughter as the barmaid, embarrased by her outburst, storms off back to the kitchen. They raise thier mugs again, toasting either her bravado or Bran's good fortune to be struck by such a firey lass, its hard to tell.

Captain NeMo

First Post
Taklinn Strakheln

Taklinn had just been unfortunate enough to be walking past the "couple" as the festivities started. Damnit, splashed the drink on me he thinks to himself as he brushes his clothes down. Starting off with a frown and a wet set of clothes wasn't his idea of a fun meal. "If there are any waitresses here who won't splash me with a drink, I'd like to order a drink and meal."

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
At the docks, a young barbarian shakes his head, trying to get his bearings as he stands up.

Did he hear that right? He had been selected to join the Sea's Righteous might? Ven Stormfang groans as he rubs his eyes. Then he remembers. Last night, drunk, he had signed up for this expedition. Yes, that man, Iggy, he was the one who asked Ven about his skills, and he had told him, even tested his combat prowess against some of Iggy's soldiers.

He was going to sea? What had possessed him? Looking at the empty bottle in his hand with distaste, he tosses it into a rubbish heap. Ouch, his head hurt. Best get something to eat.

Entering the Clam Shell, he recognizes some of the faces from last night at the docks. Well, might as well introduce himself.

"Name's Ven, Ven Stormfang. I'm a warrior from the wild plains. A scout and skirmisher." He indicates his greatsword and thick composite longbow.

Animus

Explorer
As the barmaid approaches him, Bran says, "Kaelin it's good to see--," when he is interupted by a faceful of wine and a slap. "I didn't leave without telling you on purpose, I just had Hugo's gang after me again and I wanted to slip out of town quietly." When she walks away, he says under his breath, "Women. Why do I even bother?" and then sits down and cleans himself up.

Then, addressing those at the table, he says, "In any event, I'm sure it'll be a pleasure working with you fine folk," and smiles.

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

"Thanks for the food, Jal. You can have my plate whenever it gets delivered, though don't hold your breath." With that, she begins eating with earnest.

As Bran's drama plays out, Mari watches with a smirk. Ah, men she thinks. They never learn. After Jal introduces himself to Bran, Marisa does likewise: "And I, good sir, am Marisa Calathar." She offers Bran her hand. "And as Master Bigthumbs says, the more the merrier, and I am sure the pleasure is all ours." As Ven approaches, Mari continues: "And welcome as well, Ven the Skirmisher. So, Master Bran, Master Ven, what brings you to the crew of the Sea's Righteous Might?"

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

Jaleph nods and greets the new arrivals, but he is uncharacteristically silent during the ensuing conversation, allowing it to be carried by the others while he merely listens in.

Mavnn

First Post
"And welcome as well, Ven the Skirmisher. So, Master Bran, Master Ven, what brings you to the crew of the Sea's Righteous Might?"

"Loot, fighting and exploration of self through the discovery of new lands." The unkept looking bald dwarf was proceeded to the table by a waft of... fragrant... body odour, and seemed to be dressed in serf's cloths without shoes. "Or maybe just the women, by the looks of the some of you."

It's only when he introduces himself as "Kragor," with a curt nod that most of you spot the battered leather bracers strapped to his arm and realise his was one of the names called last night.

Animus

Explorer
"I'm in it for the fame and fortune, of course," Bran says. "It's the only way to live. As for my talents, they would be in the trapfinding department, though I am pretty good with the rapier," he says as he brandishes his rapier with a flourish and bow. "And though this isn't what I get paid for, I'm a more than fair lute player," he says, and plays a tune <<Perform +8>>.

After he plays a tune he says, "Sorry for the brief hi and bye, but I have to run somewhere while I still have the time." He then stands up and leaves.

<<Don't Worry, I'll be back ;) .>>

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Huh, does his business, then he's off again. If he's like that while courting a woman, it's no wonder he gets his face slapped! While the others are talking, Marisa looks around at her compatriots. Hmmm, a halfling sorcerer, a lute player who finds traps and his way to women's hearts, a malodorous smelling dwarf who seems to fight with his hands, and a frontiersman with a plethora of weapons at the ready. Let's see, do I remember their names? The halfling is Jal, the lutist is Bran, the dwarf is... hmm, what was his name again? Kragor? Yes, that's it, Kragor. And the fighter is Ven the Skirmisher. Wait, wasn't there six names called? What was the last one? I believe it began with a T... She scans around the tavern, looking for any others...

OOC: Jodjod, assuming by your post you have yet to come over... :)

Remove ads