• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

silentspace

First Post
Harvey said:
"And welcome as well, Ven the Skirmisher. So, Master Bran, Master Ven, what brings you to the crew of the Sea's Righteous Might?"

Ven clears his throat and slightly embarrassed, avoids Mari's questioning look. Rubbing his bleary eyes, he is glad when Bran starts playing his lute. The song rejuvenates his spirits, and soon he is clapping loudly and slapping Bran on the back.

Captain NeMo

First Post
Now, where to meet my employers... Taklinn wonders a he looks around the room, relaly quite clueless about who his employers actually were. He drums his fingers in a little ryhtymn whilst humming a dwarven tune of some sort, occasionally looking up for anyone he had seen before.

OOC: Yup. :)

reddist

First Post
Ven isn't the only one appreciateding Bran's lute. As the opening few notes of The Ballad of Bally Murphy rose up from the chaos in the noisy restaraunt, cheers go up and the crowd starts clapping along with the familiar favorite. As Bran brings the song to a close, there is much applause, and not a few drinks are sent to the table. Soon, you hear murmurs through the crowd...

"Hey, those are the guys leaving on Kestor's ship!" "Those are the ones Iggy Glenfannon hired!" From these pockets of converstation, you can hear a quiet awe tinged with a bit of jealousy. However, a few others do not seem to be as pleased to share your company...

"Wonder what Iggy saw in these newcomers he didn't see in us." "Odd bunch for a Fist team, dontcha think?" "Hey, I heard that bald dwarf cracked some heads at Stinky Pete's a couple nights ago." "What's that smell?" "Shoulda been me. I could take any two of those guys." From this crowd, there are some dark stares and short, whispered conversations. They seem to be a minority, but they are noticable in the way they don't join the crowd in its revelry.

Overall, the atmosphere is festive. Rousing music and new, minor celebrities with the prospect of exploring new lands seem lift everyone's spirits.

Marisa:
[sblock] As Bran excuses himself, you notice two of the darker, swarthier types huddled together in a booth. They have been staring at Bran ever since his encounter with the barmaid, Kaelin. One points at Bran's back as he leaves through the door, out on his errand. You overhear "Can you believe Iggy picked HIM? Look! He's leaving already!" "I dunno Mires, Hugo said to leave him alone." "Bah, Hugo's smokin' seaweed! The two of us can do it!" Eventually, the two come to an agreement and stand to leave.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Marisa calls the attention of her new compatriots. "Hey Jal, Ven, Kragor... it looks like our newfound colleague Bran has stirred up some trouble. Take a look." Mari gestures over to the two "gentlemen" leaving their table and follow Bran. "If I eavesdropped, ahem, I mean heard correctly, seems someone named Hugo might have it out for him. I say, in the interest of our shared future, we keep an eye on him." With that, she drops some coin on the table to cover her meal and stands up. "Who will join me?"

OOC: Hey reddist, how much you think the meal & elven wine would cost? I'll mark it on the character sheet.

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Trouble already, you say? Hmm, this group could be even more fun than I had originally thought! Well, as that's the last of my seabass right here," munching the last tidbit, "I'll go along on this little gallivant of yers. I suppose we do need to keep our teammates alive- since we're on a team, and all that." Jaleph stands and prepares to leave.

reddist

First Post
OOC Question

OOC: okay, so a while back I changed the title on the OOC thread. I thought any of the "pointers" you guys had set you follow the change, but as Silentspace pointed out, this ain't so. I think everyone has posted here on the IC thread since I made the goof, but I'm not sure about the OOC thread. If you're missing it, the link is http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2152889
Just wanted to be sure we're all still here. Sorry for the intrusion, back to your regularly scheduled game...

Animus

Explorer
Bran exits the Clam Shell and hits the streets of Swift Rock Bay. he makes his way through the winding streets to the merchants district uptown. He goes to look for a specific metalworker's shop to buy an appropriate gift for Kaelin to apologize.

OOC: Whether he makes it there or not is obviously up to the DM ;).

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

Jaleph gets an idea: after asking Marisa what she saw to make her think there is trouble on the way, he follows after Bran. When he gets Bran back in sight, he will close to within 100 feet (running if he must) and cast a Message spell with Bran as the target. He will then explain what Marisa told him, and ask Bran if he knows what's going on with these jokers.

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

"I heard very little beyond what I told you, Jal. Those two men took note of Bran when the barmaid slapped him. They expressed disgust at him having been chosen by Iggy. One mentioned that "Hugo said leave him alone", but the other said they can "do it"... whatever "it" is, I don't know. Your idea is a good one, and you will be able to blend in with the crowd than all of us together... but do not leave our sight for too long, for we will be following a bit of a distance behind you."

Marisa suddenly realizes that she has been speaking on behalf of the rest of the group. "My apologies, but is everyone agreed?"

Remove ads