The Second Age - Commentary on my campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlejay

First Post
Our first try at a sandboxy game was in the Nentir Vale, and it was kind of interesting to read your account. We killed a green dragon North of town (on a boat in that large lake at the North end of the Vale) and brought it back in the boat. We were also hailed as heroes, and I believe that is where folks began calling us the Heroes of Fallcrest. Later, after some adventuring further afield, we began to be called the Heroes of the Nentir Vale.

That damned green dragon is pervasive!

Jay

Jack99

Adventurer
Session 6

The Warlord was in Sweden on conference this week

Lordday 25th Zeptambor, Year 599
After the last few weeks of excitement, The newly named Fallcrest Dragonslayers decided to take a couple of days relaxing and deciding whether they should go find out what was behind the treasure map, look for Mistress Adele or hunt some goblins.

In concert with the Lord Warden, they decided to go find the goblins that sporadically attacked the farms south of Fallcrest. While they waited, they were approached by River, an elven ranger, who had been sent by the Lord Warden. Maybe he could be useful in tracking down the goblins.
[sblock=Thoughts and comments]The party gained a new member today, since Tokiel, the sorcerer died the last time. The player had rerolled a ranger. He was initially quiet annoyed over losing his sorcerer, but after making the ranger, or rather, making the background of it, he came around and after playing it for just one night, the sorcerer was already forgotten, more or less.

What started out as a delicate situation was quickly turned into something very positive. At first, right after having lost the sorcerer (and a couple of days after), he was ranting a lot and was really not up for making another character, claiming he didn't want to play anything but sorcerer, but on the other hand, he didn't want to make a carbon copy. Had I stepped in and tried to move him along with making a new character, it would surely just have annoyed him even more. Instead I let him rant himself out, and he eventually got around. I also made sure that we got to work on a great background, since that is one of those things that appeal to this player, as well as make him a couple of items that tie in nicely with that background. I also incorporated his background into the new map, so that he would early on feel his character's thumbprint on the campaign. And it worked. It's all about knowing your players really. Some will care they die, some won't. But in order to handle a campaign where players die, and do transitions well, you need to know how to deal with your (usually) very different players.[/sblock][sblock=New Map]
Second%2BAge%2BCampaign%2BMap%2B230210.png
[/sblock]
As they were leaving the south gate, they were stopped by a small group of children who wanted to know what the famous Dragonslayers were up to. One of them, a young boy, also had a pie from his mother to the famous adventurers. Kavaki thanked the kid for the pie and told the kids some story about dragons big as mountains, and then the Dragonslayers were on their way south, towards the farms who had been suffering from the goblin attacks.[sblock=Thoughts and comments]Because their name was only mentioned once in the summary of the previous game session, I wanted to stress it early on, so that they could get used to it. Of course, they aren't forced to adopt the name (although some have already) but they would have to chose to not want it and do something about it. If they didn't this was what they would be called henceforth.[/sblock]
They hadn't traveled for many miles when smoke in the horizont indicated they were heading the right way. When they arrived at the scene, they found a farm and barn which had been burnt down, with most of a family who had been killed. The fighter had died fighting, with scythe in hand, the son of the family had been locked up in the barn while it was burned down and the mother had been suspended up in a tree, and then used as a human piñata. Kavaki also found a doll amongst the destruction, which indicated that there was a little girl somewhere, and since they found no body, they decided she had probably been kidnapped. River recognized the arrows as those used by the Green Warrior Goblin tribe, one of the larger goblin tribe of the Silent Forest.

After a couples of hours in the forest, tracking the goblins who they figured had a 12 hour head start, they suddenly spotted a goblin caster hiding behind a rock, some 60 feet ahead. As River tried to circle around to get a shot, the others hovered back, waiting for the ranger to be in place. Before he got that far, the goblin called out to them, demanding to know where they were going and what they were doing here. As it turns out, he wasn't really all that interested, it was merely a ruse to lure the Dragonslayers a bit closer to him, so that his 9 friends hidden in small holes dug in the ground could spring up and surprise them. Little good did it do the goblins, since the Dragonslayers were way too big a mouthful. Soon enough, the goblins were dead, and although especially Dobukan took quite a few hits, it was not a big challenge.

With the goblins dead, the Dragonslayers tracked on, heading further west into the Silent Forest. They didn't get far though. About 2 hours later, while traversing a clearing, Dobukan suddenly found himself with a couple of crossbow bolts in the gut. 4 goblins were hiding in the bushes and trees, and had caught the Fallcrest heroes in a deadly crossfire. Luckily for the Dragonslayers, River proved that he too was very adept with a bow, and the first goblin went down to his first double-shot. Slowly but surely the tide of the battle turned, although for some, it consisted mostly of trying to hide from the arrows coming from the edge of the forest.[sblock=Thoughts and comments]This was a nasty n+1 encounter, in a 20 square wide clearing, where the goblins were hiding and snipping at the party, who were caught in the open middle, with no cover. The invoker was bloodied during surprise, and only a quick initiative saved him from dying before even acting. Of course, the ranger opening with 38 damage on a twin strike did even things out, taking one level 2 goblin from full hp to dead status.[/sblock]

After a short break, the Dragonslayers of Fallcrest continued onwards. Towards evening, they spotted a wall (of a ruin) standing next to a hill. River tried to snuck over to the wall to see what was behind the wall, but no sooner had he started to move, before his foot caught a hole full of dry leaves, alerting the goblin behind the wall that something was up. He fired a quick shot at the elf, and jumped down from the wall, out of sight. Kavaki immediately took up pursuit, but when he realized that the goblin had run down some stairs to a crypt beneath the hill (which was the only thing behind the wall), he decided to not follow the goblin in. Instead he took up place over the entrance/exit, while motioning the others to come in view of the stairs and hide behind some trees.

They didn't have to wait long. A couple of minutes later, a goblin head came in sight and Kavaki made short work of it, by cleaving the poor creature with a single stroke of his longsword. No sooner had he done that, before 5 goblins rushed out to defend their lair. The battle was pretty fierce, with especially Kavaki taking a beating from the goblin crossbow archers. Down he went, and things were looking fairly bleak for a while, but the Dragonslayers managed to turn things around. Except that the goblin voodoomaster arrived as well, and really made the Dragonslayers work for their pay. Kavaki was first blinded, then downed for the third time, and since River was running around blinded as well, it definitely looked like the end of a short career there. Luckily for them all, River broke his blindness just in time to help Dobukan kill the voodoo-goblin and end the battle. Which was just in time as Kavaki was hovering on death's door..[sblock=Thoughts and comments]This is just one of those things that did not go at all as expected. I always run our combats on the tic-tac tiles we have. But I do actually own most of WotC dungeon tiles, I have just never used them. For this encounter, I had built the entire dungeon out of tiles, had brought them, and was actually looking forward to seeing how they would react to those tiles. The plan was that they would see the goblin minion which was keeping watch, kill him and the proceed down, exploring a bit, before encountering the goblins, which would then start a battle in several rooms at the same time. But, since the ranger decided to roll a 1 on his stealth-check and the warden decided not to pursuie the goblin down the stairs into the "dungeon", it was all for nothing. There was no way the goblins would not come out to battle (IMO anyway), since they could in theory be smoked out or worse. Luckily we still had a great combat, although it once again got very close, with the warden going down 3 times and being at 2 failed saves for a round or two, before he could be saved by what was the very last healing potion in the party. Having the leader away on a conference does make things even more lethal at times.

The players leveled to level 3 at this point[/sblock]

Down in the crypt, which turned out to be several rooms, they found some treasure (gold and rituals) and the kidnapped girl, an 8-year old called Melissa. After searching the place thoroughly to see if there were any leads that would connect the goblins with Mistress Adele or to a fellow named Krusk which had been mentioned by several goblins ("Kill me all you will, Krusk will deal with you" and things like that), they decided to move outside and rest for the night..[sblock=Thoughts and comments]Krusk is indeed one of the goblin leaders, in fact he is the hobgoblin who has taught the Green Warrior Goblins to fight with discipline and smarts.[/sblock]

Sonday 26th Zeptambor, Year 599
In the morning, as they prepared to leave, they were attacked by 3 dog-sized spiders, but that didn't even break a sweat for our favorite Dragonslayers. After dispatching the spiders with ease, the Dragonslayers decided to head home and deliver the news of their success to the Lord Warden and the girl to someone better suited to help her.

The trip home was fairly uneventful, as nothing hostile was encountered. The only thing approaching drama was when Melissa started to ask about her parents, and, when figuring out that her parents were dead, if Kavaki was her new dad. His hesitation made the rest of the Dragonslayers pretty loud - they apparently did not want him to say yes...

Once they got to Fallcrest and reported their news, they decided to strike out again after gathering some intelligence. They had gathered that kobolds and goblins rarely worked together, except under the leadership of some powerful figure, usually a dragon, giant or the like, and they were convinced that Krusk, whoever he was, would have the information they would need to uncover this mystery.

Mansday 27th Zeptambor, Year 599

Before heading out again, after taking a good night's sleep, Kavaki had a talk with Kama, the owner the Blue Moon Alehouse, and convinced her to take care of Melissa.
.[sblock=Thoughts and comments]In case some have missed it amidst all the info, Kama is a silver dragon, living in Fallcrest to protect an ancient evil artifact. I am not sure how this will affect Melissa and her story, but it is certainly something that should be milked significantly[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eladimir

First Post
Re: Session 6

Another fun read that just reminds me even more so how slow our campaign runs. How long do you guys play in a session again btw?

Our session last nite consisted of a sigle fight. The map and setup and been done at the end of last session and we were able to almost dive right in to it.

But that fact that there were 4 of us, 6 kobold swarms on our team fighting 6 lizard men mages/ranged 7 lizard melee. Might partially explain the length of the fight.

Regardless the fact that you did RP 4 fights and more RP to end in a single session is pretty impressive. Did that adventeur level them?

Jack99

Adventurer
Another fun read that just reminds me even more so how slow our campaign runs. How long do you guys play in a session again btw?
We play 5 hours.
Our session last nite consisted of a sigle fight. The map and setup and been done at the end of last session and we were able to almost dive right in to it.

But that fact that there were 4 of us, 6 kobold swarms on our team fighting 6 lizard men mages/ranged 7 lizard melee. Might partially explain the length of the fight.
That is a very big fights. I have done enough of those in the past, and I never really liked fights where where there are large amounts of NPC's fighting with the PC's. I think things like that just drag things out, without adding anything to the fight.

Regardless the fact that you did RP 4 fights and more RP to end in a single session is pretty impressive. Did that adventeur level them?
Only being 4 players does help quite a bit. And yes, they leveled to level 3 after having dealt with the goblins.

Now things will slow down (leveling wise) to once every 5 sessions or so, or at least, that has been the plan so far. We''ll see how it plays out.

Jack99

Adventurer
So, we are going to have yet another new character in the group the next time we play. Not that anyone died, but J, who plays the invoker, is quite unhappy about the class. He doesn't like the feel and can't really get into it. So we talked about it, and I gave him a couple of days to consider things again (I always allow character changes, but I do feel I make sure they really want it, before allowing it). So, for Tuesday, he will roll up a human wizard, so he is staying within the same role. Actually I think he has already rolled it up, and we will see about it later today, when we play in another campaign.

Of course, it's always annoying if your players want to change their characters, as it does create some issues with continuity in the campaign, as well as the flow in the group. I do however feel that those problems are overshadowed by the benefit of having happy players. I have also found that the wish to create new characters (for my players anyway) always happen during the first 1-4 levels. After that, I can't recall when I have last experienced an unforced character change. Must have been in 2e.

Thinking about next time, the players need to find and fight the Green Warrior Goblins in their lair. Two things have made it impossible for me to finish the adventure. I can't decide how their lair should be - fort, caves, ruins etc, and how the battle should flow. Or rather, I haven't been able to. Reading this post S'mon's post. I am planning to do just that. Run the GWG lair as one big encounter. The PC's enter the lair, fight a few goblins, the alarm is rung, and if they do not retreat, wave after wave of goblins will arrive from different part of the lair, trying to overcome the PC's.

Might be tricky though, since I would have to carefully construct the room where all or most of the fighting will take place, and make sure that it is attractive enough (defensibly) to have the PC's stay, while not being too good, so that they just crush the poor goblins.

Then again that's kinda defeating the point of my Green Warrior goblins. I gave them a hobgoblin trainer in order for them to distinguish themselves from other goblins, but their tactics should reflect, well the superior tactics that a hobgoblin would teach them. So I want to show that off as well, without turning the superior tactics part too much into the realm of nasty traps, since that is a kobold thing.

I wonder how many goblins you can squeeze into a n+7 encounter... should be fun either way.

Jack99

Adventurer
The player mentioned in the last post has decided to switch. He will be making a cold-themed orb of imposition wizard.

Chilling cloud, ray of frost, icy terrain and (I imagine, he wasn't quite done selecting powers) Icy Rays/Chill claws. Nothing even remotely overpowered. He will also chose grease (has always been his favorite spell, since we started playing) and most likely sleep.

In order to keep the cold theme, I suggested to him the possibility of adding the cold keyword to both spells. Grease would instead be a sheet of ice that makes people fall, and sleep would cause targets to first slow down before finally turning to ice statues. There would be no mechanical change to the spells, but it would give the character a even stronger flavor (IMO). Of course, I could have missed something (a synergy with certain feats) that could give problems, but offhand, I can't see any. Anyone else want to weigh in on this? Maybe someone has tried to do something similar?

Another thing that I completely forgot when I wrote the writeup of our last session. We had a little talk about Font of Life (again). According to WotC, Font of Life applies to death saves (I asked during the first Twitter Thursday), and whoever I talked to was pretty adamant on the subject. Anyway, this caused an issue during the game. The warden went down, and he started to roll death saves. He rolled twice per round, no matter the result, but after a couple of rounds, it struck me.

The warden shouldn't get the end of turn roll, if he passes the font of life death save. If he does, it would just become a bonus-try-to-pop-a-surge-roll.

Agree? (This is all assuming that you accept the fact that Font of Life applies to death saves)

Speaking of dying rules, there is something that has annoyed me for a while. A dying character has a chance to pop a surge and rejoin combat. A stabilized character can do nothing of the sort, and is left completely at the mercy of his companions' choices. Is this *fair*? Is it merely a balance, meaning that as long as you can die, you can get back, but the moment there is no chance of dying, you should no longer be able to get back in the game on your own?

Thoughts?

I have started a thread regarding the Font of Life issue and the dying rules over in the rules forum, just to get more imput. Feel free to comment either place.

Eladimir

First Post
Cold Themed Wizard:
There are only two cold feats that I know of and the heroic one (Wintertouhed - CA vs vuln cold creatires) is pretty terrible. But when timed with the paragon feat (Lasting cold - targets gain vuln 5 cold when hit with cold) provides a significant advantage, but nothing broken I'd think considering he'll be crippled in an ice setting.

Font of Life Death Save:
If WotC sided that way so be it but it doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Stabilized Creatures:
Never thought about it to now but yeah seems unfair to deny a character a stabilized char a one a turn roll at poping a surge. Lets them do something and provides some hope. Also avoids the possible metagaming issue of leaving a die character to 2 death saves before stabilizing in the hope that they pop up on their own.

Just my opinions though.

PS I bet he'll enjoy the wizrard much more than the controller. I know I ddi.

Jack99

Adventurer
Our ranger was working late , monk is still meditating somewhere, so there were 4 players present for this session.

Before starting, we decided to revert to the RAW when it comes to Action points. The 1 action point per combat houserule was ruining the whole concept of AP's, and most of us didn't really like it in play.

Session 6

Mansday 27th Zeptambor, Year 599 (continued)
After shopping a bit, the 3 Dragonslayers of Fallcrest headed out, determined to go south and find the goblins that were attacking the farms.

Not long after leaving town, they ran into a human wizard called Kudes, who seemed lost. He had absolutely no recollection of his past life, nor of what he was doing here. He knew the lay of the land, his own name etc, but nothing else. After hearing they were heading out to kill goblins that were praying on helpless farmers, he offered his services to the Dragonslayers.
[sblock=Comments]The player who wanted to switch from invoker to wizard had done no background, so when the rest of the party started asking him questions, he went with the amnesia stitch. I am however going to use his laziness and make an integral part of the campaign. Assuming he gets to live for a while, of course. Anyway, since he hass a cold-theme going for him, I thought it would be perfect to link his character to the Sons of Winter, an evil organization introduced via the background story of the sorcerer. Well, he might have died, but no reason not to use the organization. I am thinking the wizard is a former apprentice who got out when he realized just how evil they are, maybe with some knowledge or item that they want back.[/sblock]
Passing by the farm of the Johnssons, which had been burning down last the Dragonslayers passed by, they soon ran into Jessica and her husband, who were heading to her sister's for a birthday party. They talked a bit with the couple about goblins, but they had seen nothing. Nor could they enlighten the heroes about trails going west into the forest. The husband was oddly silent, but after eating a bit of their cake, the Dragonslayers went on their way.[sblock=Comments]The husband has no tongue, which is why he was silent. But it immediately drew their suspicions, as they thought the woman might be Mistress Adele and the husband one of her dominated victims. I often make NPC's overly suspicious on purpose, just to keep players on the edge, especially when dealing with someone who can shapechange. Although they do not know she can, they assume it by now.[/sblock]

They headed into the forest, making good speed. After a couple of hours, as they were passing over a small river, Kavaki was attacked by a big lizard, a venom-eye basilisk. The poor basilisk, despite getting the jump on the Dragonslayers, never stood a chance. Soon enough it found itself on the back and being brutalized. [sblock=Comments]I was actually surprised how quickly a level 10 creature went down. Most likely because they rolled pretty high, at least 3 of them anyway.[/sblock]

The Dragonslayers continued westward for the rest of the day, and with no sign of goblins, they were forced to make camp. Often they would be cursing that River was not with them, as his tracking skills and ability to lead them silently through the forest was missed.

They decided to camp on a little hill, and when it was his turn, Kavaki climbed up in the tree on the hill, in order to get a better view of the surrounding area. Soon enough, he spotted 4 dark shadows creeping closer. Goblins! As they approached the camp, he dropped down a weapon to wake the others and then proceeded to swing himself down via a rope he had set up, Tarzan-style. He hit the ground running, and charged down the small hill, towards the shocked goblins. Unfortunately for the goliath, he had misjudge the steepness of the hill, and he ended stumbling down, landing face down in the middle of two the goblins.

Battle started, and while most of the heroes were unarmored (and Garel-Kai almost slept through the whole thing), the 4 goblins were really no match for the Dragonslayers of Fallcrest. Of course, they forgot to keep one alive to question him. Ah well, c'est la vie, and after reminding each other to do so the next time, they decided to go to sleep again and attempt to follow the trail the next morning.

Tirsday 28th Zeptambor, Year 599
The heroes followed the goblin tracks for most of the day, deeper into the forest. As it was getting dark, they suddenly realized they were being followed. They stopped at a couple of rocks, determined to fight with their back at something. As it turns out, they were being hunted by 8 hungry gray wolves, who attacked shortly after. A while they were certainly wounded, the combination of might and magic made the wolves an easy fight.

Once again, they rested, and this time, nothing disturbed their sleep.

Onsday 29th Zeptambor, Year 599
Shortly after beginning their tracking of the goblins, they arrived at a 100' deep ravine. Looking over the edge, they could see the entrance to a dungeon, a lair, and 4 goblins patrolling outside. The Dragonslayers walked further down, along the edge of the ravine, and found a spot where it looked as if they could come down. By some miracle, they all 4 managed to climb down without making enough noise to alert the goblins. When down, they started to edge closer to the guards, and almost succeeded in closing in on them, when suddenly Kudes thought it would be wise to walk into a tree.

The goblins howled, and were about to attack, but Kavaki charged and killed one, and the magic of Garel-kai took care of the rest, before they could move.

Sneaking inside, they found a guard room and a corridor leading deeper into the hill. After waiting a bit to make sure the whole lair wasn't on the way towards them, they went down the corridor. No sooner had they moved 20-30 feet, before two portcullis' smashed down, blocking the way forward and backward. No sooner had the portcullis' gone down, before small holes opened up in the ceiling of the corridor, and black smelly liquid started to pour down on top of them. Oil. What would come next was pretty obvious, so Paavu stormed to the nearest portcullis and tried to pull it up, with the help of Garel-kai and Kavaki, but no luck. Kudes started looking for a mechanism to open up the gates, but none was to be seen. Meanwhile the oil kept pouring down on their heads, soaking them to the bone, and they could hear goblins cackling above their head.

Finally they got the gate a bit up, and Kudes rolled out of the oily corridor. That prompted the goblins to move down from their secret hiding place and attack those trying to get out. Garel-kai and Kavaki got out as well, while Paavu was holding it up. Before Paavu could get out, another two goblins arrived down at the gate where the Dragonslayers had entered. One had a crossbow, the other a torch. Swuush, and an inferno erupted in the corridor, barbecuing Paavu, and also setting Garel-kai and Kavaki on fire, since they were standing next to the corridor, soaked in the oil. Paavu, who was still alive, tried to get out, but Garel-kai and Kavaki couldn't keep it (the portcullis) up, and Paavu found himself pinned to the burning floor by the portcullis. All the meantime, one of the goblins had cornered Kudes, and to avoid the goblin, he sidestepped, but got too close to the corridor and caught on fire, since his clothes were also soaked. Paavu, by a heroic surge, got the portcullis pushed up just a bit, so that he could squeeze out. Of course, he wasn't out of the woods yet, as he lay on the ground, burning, almost dead, with two goblins standing next to him. But this is where the battle turned. It was a bit rough, but the Dragonslayers managed to kill the goblins without getting anyone (from the party) killed.[sblock=Comments]I dunno how it reads when written by me, but I can tell you that it was one awesome fight. The second I announced the portcullis' came down and the black sticky fluid started to pour down on their heads, the players knew what was coming, which created a real sense of urgency. It was almost as if you could see a slight edge of panic in their eyes. Then they got the gate up really quickly (of course, lifting a gate isn't the most challenging thing in the world when you have a fighter with 20 str, a warden with 19 str and a warlord with 18 str.) and for a few, they actually thought they were going to make it out before being set on fire. Then, when they dropped the portcullis on the fighter, he really thought he was done for. Pinned under a portcullis with single digit hit points and your body on fire will do that to you, of course. So when he rolled a DC 30 escape artist check to get out, the roar was almost deafening. Well, that might be an exaggeration, but he was as happy as I have yet seen him at the table for the last 20 years. [/sblock]

After a short break, they continued further in. Most doors they found were made of stone and locked, but at the end of the next corridor, they found a set of doors that were open. Behind the doors was the kitchen, with room enough for about 30 goblins to eat. As they moved through the room, Kudes decided to stop and cast a ritual of Comprehend Languages, and while the others walked a bit further, Kudes was jumped by a goblin with a cleaver, who had been hiding in the cupboards. The goblin proved to be a hard-hitting and rather tough nut, but alone against the 4 Dragonslayers, his life expectancy suddenly became very short. As soon as it was dead, the Dragonslayers hurried on, heading into the next corridor, finding the next set of doors. This pair of doors were slightly open, and in the room behind, the Dragonslayers could see a goblin with a crown sitting on the throne, with a couple of guards.

While it was fairly obvious that something was off, they still decided to burst open the doors and storm in, swords and spells blazing. The 4 goblins went down faster than a hooker from Bangkok As the last goblin went down, an imp appeared of out nowhere, attacking Paavu. For a bit, the Dragonslayers were playing a game of find-the-invisible-imp, when suddenly a couple of goblins with crossbows appeared up on two balconies, firing away on the Dragonslayers. Kavaki jumped up to deal with one of the Xbow goblins, while the rest of the were focus on the imp.

As the battle moved towards the left side of the room, small kegs with explosive powder were rolling down on our heroes. The imp was killed, but the battle spread out in different rooms and corridors with everyone running back and forth. Paavu goes unconscious from the imp's poison, but the Dragonslayers manage to turn things around, and get Paavu back on his feet. Eventually, there is only one goblin left (one of the crossbow-goblins), severely wounded, and things are looking up, when the doors to the west burst up, and the Dragonslayers find themselves facing Krusk, the hobgoblin who has been running things and 10 more goblins. Krusk proved to be a hard-hitting fellow, and Garel-kai soon went down, and both Paavu and Kavaki were very wounded as well, by the time the last hob/goblin went down. A hard fight, but yet again one where the Dragonslayers came out victorious. [sblock=Comments]This was another fight that I was more than pleased with. Broken into 3 waves (First: Assassin Imp, 4 goblin minions - Second: 2 goblin sentry's, 2 goblins sharpshooters - Third: Hobgoblin boss, 10 minions), the fight ended up just about as planned, in 5 different rooms and corridors, with people moving around a lot, people jumping up and down from the balconies etc. In general, I think it was probably one of the most dynamic battles I have ever done. And apparently I had balanced and timed things just right, because there was no room for a breathing and when the battle ended, all were pretty much either dying or in the 1-digit hp zone, with no healing left (afaik).[/sblock]

After catching their breath and searching the compound, the Dragonslayers found some gold, a longsword and a hide armor, as well as a lot of scared goblin females and children huddled up in the furthest corner of the dungeon.

[sblock=Comments]Yeah, that was quite a few encounters in one night. But people are starting to get to know their characters, and things are moving along nicely. Of course, the session was a bit RP-light, but you can't have everything every time.[/sblock]

Eladimir

First Post
Another solid session. When I read Kursk bursting in on the last fight I didn't realize it was planned and I thought the heroes were done for.

How did the wizard enjoy his new character this session. I bet his burst powers were in much demand for all the minions.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Jack, I have to tell you - this belongs in the Storyhour forum, not here.

Start a thread there for this campaign record, we'll put a link to it from here and close this thread. Your storyhour thread can link back here for initial details if necessary.

It is unfortunate that we don't have the 'move thread' function at the moment, as it would have been much simpler to just move it to the right location.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads