The Secret Scion

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Layferi]"I thank you," Mel says, with a weak smile. "Your feelings for my... my sister must be strong, and you honor her memory in taking on such a struggle."

She will tell Layferi all she knows about Arden and the Illuminated Minds.

Once she is done, "Layferi, I don't truely know what happened to Melphina, but when you are done, find out. She deserves to have the truth known. I, however, am in danger untill that happens. I will be leaving soon, to start a new life. Perhaps, someday, I will write you again, but I must watch for my safety first. Father is relentless, and surely will be after me."[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Startled by the display, Hxaptos momentarily looses sight of the butterfly woman. Even with his friend's battle on the line he seems quite distracted. Being in such crowds is obviously not for him, though where would be comfortable?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek's anger boils, and his sharp but damaged mind tries to turn devious. He peers at the magical wall, thinking, thinking of how to get something by it---something to get by. Everso quietly, the half-orc whispers to his small mechanical friend hidden in the folds of his clothes, "Sparky! Can you get by that? I want you to deliver something for me. We got to get those forgy haters!"

OOC: Knowledge arcana/engineering to see if Tondrek can figure a way past the wall. He wants to try to deliver a touch spell with his rat. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Someone said:
Lucky shot. Won't happen again thinks Harolk as soon he can shake the agony from his mind, while at the same time twirling his own blades looking for Lorien's flesh.

"First blood shed was yours, my friend. What did you do with Silas?" asks.
Lorien looks a little startled when Harolk returns with a question and a quip rather than shrieking in agony, but then his gaze narrows. "No concern of yours, murderer. Maybe he'll say something nice at your funeral," he snaps. Harolk whips Orange Crush around and his other blade up, the first scoring the wily elf on the thigh, digging deep. True blood-red stains Lorien's outfit as the crowd gasps.

Tondrek wracks his brain, then realizes that usually these protective sheilds only work in one plane, usually vertically. This is only a round wall, not a dome. Sparky could be sent over the wall to get in.

Hxaptos, you keep scanning the crowd and spy something else. A tall and slender elf, dressed in shimmering indigo robes, is being held back from the crowd by two human men. As the elf struggles weakly, you can see he is rather old, but his trying to call something above the noise of the crowd, and failing miserably.

Mel:
Bront said:
[sblock=Layferi]"I thank you," Mel says, with a weak smile. "Your feelings for my... my sister must be strong, and you honor her memory in taking on such a struggle."

She will tell Layferi all she knows about Arden and the Illuminated Minds.

Once she is done, "Layferi, I don't truely know what happened to Melphina, but when you are done, find out. She deserves to have the truth known. I, however, am in danger untill that happens. I will be leaving soon, to start a new life. Perhaps, someday, I will write you again, but I must watch for my safety first. Father is relentless, and surely will be after me."[/sblock]
[sblock]"Mel... Please, if you're not just a friendly ghost, I would very much like that," Layferi says, his eyes wet with tears. He leans in and kisses her gently, then slowly backs away, into the crowd.[/sblock] Mel, Rayni, and Bail are also watching the fight, and can see that Lorien looks astoundingly determined. He doesn't look as much angry as focused, his face hard and purposed.

OOC: A palpable hit with a 21, doing 10 points of damage, Harolk. Lorien misses you this time around.

Bront

The man with the probe
Melody returns to the crowd once she resumes her disguise, dancing under a mask of happiness. However, once things settle down and the fight begins, she clings to Bail's arm tightly and lets her smile fade a bit as she watches the fight unfold.

Mel will look and see if Lorien appearst to be acting out of sorts, or watch and see if he appears to cheat.

OOC: Spot and Sense Motive.

Someone

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Lorien looks a little startled when Harolk returns with a question and a quip rather than shrieking in agony, but then his gaze narrows. "No concern of yours, murderer. Maybe he'll say something nice at your funeral," he snaps.

After wounding Lorien Harolk jumps momentarily out of his glowing sword's reach "I'm not a murderer. If your sis... brother provoked a duel and got himself killed is just his fault". He waits the inevitable attack, ready to dodge and counterattack again.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, the hatred of a child in his eyes, grabs Spark and whispers to him furiously. "Big Sword Man need help. Can you get over dat?" The half-orc nods at the magic barrier. "Do it sneaky? Like drop from something? You deliver my infusion? We'll make Big Sword Man harder to make bleed!"

Remove ads