• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Selgaunt Campaign

thedangerranger

"Ah, Tal, I believe the room with the visions was elsewhere. Up a level I believe. Perhaps 'blink-dwarves' will help you recall which room this is. I think it would be Bad to let the spell-eaters try and suck more of the magic out of the cylinder. Let's turn back and explore other passages before we go this way again. I'd also like a good deal of rest before we potentially have to fight the stone-phasers again. I think there were other portals back where we came from that we could explore.", sayeth the Cupric.

dharmabum

First Post
I'm putting my tooth under the pillow...

"I agree...let's head back to the siphon room and rest/reflect. My only concern is that when we go down the hallway the other way, those drums may wake the stony army!".

Tuggle will plan to head back down the hallway towards a (ha!) night of R&R (rest and reflection). Posted guards at "night" of course. In the a.m. I say we summon the runekey arm from the crevice and explore on our merry way. If stony golems seem to be awakening (as evidenced by sounds of stone scraping on stone or army rallying cries, etc, Tuggle will haul gnomish booty back to the current room and try to make a portal related escape.

haiiro

First Post
OOC:

Artemis: You came through the door-panel directly behind the shattered pedestal. Nothing appears to have changed. The three symbols around the outside of the door-panel (facing into the cylinder room, in other words) match the three you touched to get it to open just now.

Marduke: Given the nature of the cylinder, Knowledge (planes) 15 just isn't going to get you much -- you can tell it is amazingly powerful, and involves the planes in some way, but that's about as useful as looking at a barn and going, "gosh, that's a big building." ;)

Artemis Blade

First Post
Rest & Relaxation & XP

Artemis points out the corresponding symbols between the arms and the door frames so everyone is aware.

"Yeah, I think now is a good time to relax and consider our options here in the tower."

After everyone has gathered back in the passageway, Artemis closes the door panel. When everyone else decides to move that way, Artemis walks back down the passageway toward the stone statue room.

I agree with Tuggle's recommendations.

Xen

First Post
Tal

"So, have any of you figured our if, or how, this place is connected to activities in Selgaunt?" asks Tal, as the companions settle in for their rest. "I'm worried about what may be happening in the city, while we are here exploring this empty ruin. Perhaps, with more information of this place, we could buy information about the Silver Ravens from Mephiskaran. You are still on good terms with him, I assume? Or perhaps we dig around a bit more within our contacts at Dracon Row? I'm just thinking out loud here... but shouldn't we be setting up some network through which we can gather information in the city?"

Tal sorts through his belonging, reorganizes them, and repacks them. He then settles down for rest, and sleeps when conversation no longer keeps him awake.

haiiro

First Post
To the sound of thundering drums -- much, much more impressive heading the right direction -- the Follies return to the siphon room.

Picking an unoccupied corner with a good view of both doorways and the three portal arches, they bed down for the . . . afternoon. Yes, that staple of adventuring parties everywhere: resting so the cleric can regain his spells.

After checking to see that the spelleaters aren't planning anything nefarious (they're sleeping in their now-empty nest), the Follies close the door-panel that leads to their room and circle up around one of their everburning torches. The silent flame casts long shadows of the clay army on the walls, and the party seems unconcerned about the strangeness of their surroundings.

OOC: There are some good conversational leads out there, so follow them as long as you like and let me know when you're ready to move on.

The XP fairy will visit that night, but whoever's on watch at the time doesn't get any . . . just kidding, here's the skinny:

Artemis: 2,793
Cupric: 2,793
Marduke: 1,618
Tal: 1,368
Tuggle: 3,043

I don't think that levels anyone, though it puts some of you pretty close. There's a healthy amount of roleplaying and story goal XP in there, as well as the more traditional battle-earned variety.

Xen

First Post
Tal

OOC: While conversing, Tal would also like to check the party for woulds that need healing (Xen can't remember if Tal was the only one hurt). No sense in letting the blessings of Torm waste away overnight. Even if it is only one hit point, he'll cast to bring them up to full. Once everyone is fine, he'll heal himself to full as well.

Artemis Blade

First Post
"Well, it seems to me the some of the bad people in Selgaunt were searching for access to this place for some reason. Until we have finished a cursory pass throughout the complex for obviously powerful items & portal keys, I don't know if we should leave. Plus, I think we should consider carefully how Mephiskaran will respond to info about this place before we trade it. I think if we did trade information about this place, we shouldn't sell ourselves short on its real value -- people have been murdered, chased & blown up for this information."

"I think we should attempt to collect all the portal & door keys we can, in an attempt to halt the explorations of any others into this place."

"I think overall it would be a great base of operations for our organization (the Harpers), especially considering their hunted reputation in Sembia. If we wanted to turn it over to our leadership and let them finish exploring its many chambers while we focus on Selgaunt, I wouldn't be opposed to that." Artemis finishes sharing his opinion.

Remove ads